Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

Quake I vs Quake II

Quake 2; and for god's sake, hyperblaster has much better accuracy than plasma rifle, not even close at all.

Doomsfall said:

I loved both Quakes but I feel Quake 1 does get a bit more boring than Quake 2 at times, also I liked that the 64 version of Quake had coloured lighting but sadly there is no mods that do the same.

Yes there are. Never bothered with them myself, but they definitely exist. There's also this in-progress completed N64 TC:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-releases/finished-works/7578-quake-64-ultra.html

(Now if only someone would do the same thing for the N64 version of Quake 2, which has much more interesting changes.)

Quake1 for atmosphere quake2 for orange techno cyborg goodness (graphics may not have aged well) Im currently playing through Quake's mission pack 2 "Dissolution of Eternity" (Rogue) using the Dark places engine.

Quake1 is more more diverse and immersive than quake2 in my opinion. I usually play through quake2 every year/couple years just for nostalgic reasons. Whereas quake1 usually gets a yearly play through roughly.

Quake for its atmosphere and enemy design, Quake 2 for its slightly better story and level architecture.

geo said:

Quake 2 on N64

Quake 2 on the N64? Dear God..WHY?!?! The Playstation version is like 500 times better. The animations and the gameplay in general is so much smoother.