Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

|)Wango5 ..::lvl maps analysis

bloody hell! u must be good at english lessons at school!

nice review. looking forward 2 seeing map03.

Map 03 is rarely, if ever played. Move on to the more important maps like the ones that are actually in the playloop.

Insomniac said:

SLEEPY DIED

0gh gn0!! what did you do with him, you bastard?! =P

i don't go on #zdaemon often fod, been busy with real life + I just wanna do this whenever when I wanna so which map do you want me to give you tips on? d5m7? I would like to write some of these reviews just a month later when it's summer, final exams are coming up...besides, you can also help me out on reviewing them if you'd like to, i would like to see comments from ya!

I'm afraid you have to wait till your 51th birthday....
nah, just kidding, I'll do my best ;)

i think map14 will take a hellofa long time - theres so many secrets - thats why its good. most ppl probably wont like this, but, if u ever play on my server which i rarely run (and i dont recommend it unless ur on ADSL or faster cos i only hav a 56k connection), u'll notice that map14 has some extra secrets. if u ever go there, try and find them. sorry if u dont like this - just tell me if thats the case.

yes i know about them, getsomewhere server also runs d5m14 within its map cycle, so therefore you can still play on it without hosting your own server :)

well, finals are coming up in about 2 weeks and i'll have to get ready for it, i'll be back soon and do some more reviews on the maps, so stay tuned! Also, I'm still holding on to decide whether i should review Dwango5 Map03 or not, although i know it most likely isn't one of your favorites, but i was planning on to make a whole set of reviews on dwango5 maps, just let me know what you guys think and perhaps i could skip it at the moment and continue to hop on.

Yeah i no map14 is on other servers but i like 2 host my own occasionally cos i like 2 b in control. I mainly use my own servers so me and DeaN [TiK] can hav coop games.

|)wango5 ..::lvl maps analysis

Been 2 weeks free since summer has begun, time to get some work done.

Authors: Unknown(?)

---Dwango5 Map03: The Gantlet---

Another remake based on Doom2 Map03, the third replacement of Doom 2 in Dwango5. Although most parts of the structure of the map are lack of creativity of author's own; however it's been modified and uniquely features both elements of verticality and horizontality as basic directional connectivity of its construction. The texturing is principally satisfactory for its straightforward theme, nevertheless sticking with original Doom 2 textures: BROWN96 and METAL2. Upon with hazy carroty skybox lying as the sky, with water texture, FWATER1, ascribing half of the map. The other half of the map that your footsteps have been passing on is the element of MFLR8_2. Its architecture is what they had made changes to the map. Secret rooms and narrow and dark passages are placed and blended almost everywhere. If you ask me, they are generally well-positioned, compare to other remakes. Due to certain slender locations, gamers would be cramped and easily camped for their preys. Items are distributed inproperly, unlike most of the decent maps. Backpacks are spreaded in everywhere, it contains 1 invisiblity and 2 supercharges.
In FFA, generally, most players like to spam with plasma rifle or rocket launcher. Only 1 Super-shotgun and 1 chaingun are featured also separately. For dual games, it usually isn't an ideal map to professionals. Atmosphere and value of gameplay are nearly completely left out here. Sometimes, according to some firm trials of players where they have been at, pretty much you may be able to predict and locate where your enemies are.

2 favorite places where people like to go to grab supercharges, also they are ones of those famous camping positions where campers like to stay at
Advantage: Camp kills! + supercharges H^100
Disadvantage: Watch your back! Sneak on your back by going down with the lift.

Down there a poisonous pit with a box of bullets and a medikit which there is no way to get back up. Totally pointless, silly author.
Advantage: Say you can power up and preserve your life points a bit...
Disadvantage: however, you can never escape from the death of poison once you fall in the pit. Absolutely unreasonable for putting items down there. No idea what the author of this map was thinking.

Yeah, it is a bit boring isn't it? But the review's still good.

lol, thanks a lot, guys, i just can't stand the plasma sound myself =]

Yeah, I hate that. I just don't like the plasma rifle at all - I usually only use the SSG.

Dwango5 seemed very boring. Small and uninteresting arenas where you just shoot in random directions in an effort to get a kill. At this point I think that Doom's DM can't even remotely compete with Quake.

fodders said:

Hur hur hur.... now go away

If you can't deal with opinions other than your own, you are free to leave the forums.

quest said:

If you can't deal with opinions other than your own, you are free to leave the forums.

hehe, what do you expect on a doom forum?
Sure quake(1)'s dm was good.. but it can't compare to the fast movement, the ssg dancing and the bfg tactics of doom.

Erik said:

hehe, what do you expect on a doom forum?
Sure quake(1)'s dm was good.. but it can't compare to the fast movement, the ssg dancing and the bfg tactics of doom.

When five people - all wielding BFGs - are in a small arena, it quickly becomes a matter of luck and chaos. As for the BFG, I can't see how it can take any skill to use. The splash damage is immense compared to rockets. Playing DM in a REAL map might be fun, but a small arena just doesn't cut it. Doom might be fast, but there seems to be no strategy or skill involved.

quest said:

Heh, he can't leave, he's the moderator. I agree that Doom DMing does get boring after a while, but its fun for a while each time you play it, and it's definitely got nothing to do with Dwango5.

quest said:

When five people - all wielding BFGs - are in a small arena, it quickly becomes a matter of luck and chaos. As for the BFG, I can't see how it can take any skill to use. The splash damage is immense compared to rockets. Playing DM in a REAL map might be fun, but a small arena just doesn't cut it. Doom might be fast, but there seems to be no strategy or skill involved.

Yeah, games with a lot of BFG shots are annoying, but funny.

SSG DANCING RULEZ!

quest said:

True, I hate the BFG as well... but it's fair game for anyone really. The gun was placed in there as a single player style weapon, not really intended for deathmatch. And as for doom DM not comparing to quake, I think it's like comparing apples to oranges... No two DM formats are really superior, just different and subject to the taste of the player.

The splash damage is immense compared to rockets.

uhm... like.... the bfg has no splash damage.... go read the bfg faq...