Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addemup

Run Like Nya! Project (Looking for Team)

The date is June 9, 1984. A failed science experiment escapes from a secret government facility in Yonkers, New York, heading to the Bronx. What is this secret government experiment, you ask? Well, you wouldn't want to know...

Run Like Nya! is a Doom 2 project about kemonomimis (just google it) and other assorted anime creatures invading Earth in place of Hell's Army. The maps will feature actual places in 1980's Yonkers and The Bronx (and possibly 80's Manhattan as well) being infested with anime. In the WAD, you will follow the story of an unnamed marine with the rank of Corporal (sound familiar?) as he ventures into the heart of this strange infestation to kick ass and chew gum.

And he's all out of gum.

The wad's too early in development to be released. I'm also attempting to assemble a team made up of:

• 2 Mappers (including me)
  • 1 Pixel Artist (for the sprites)

List of Planned Enemies:

• Nekomimis (both male and female) (female partially completed)
  • Okamis (aka wolf versions of Nekomimis, both male and female)
  • More coming soon...

List of Planned Maps:

• MAP01 "Unnamed": Partially Finished
  • MAP02 "Unnamed": Planned

I'm sorry I decided to close the original thread, but fortunately, I now have a sprite:

HXiNcNn.png

Edited by addemup

no offence, but i think you'll need higher quality screenshots than that.looks like a big square-shaped room with a bunch of still things to me.

I seemed to have wandered into the wrong thread. Mind showing me the exit?

If I were you, I would just make a small map and release it to get feedback that enables you to learn how to become a better mapper, rather than start some big project that is out of your skill range.

Your mapping still seems a bit... beginner. I would recommend staying out of megaWADs and pumping out single map releases or small episodes to progress with mapping. Starting a megaWAD at this stage would not be good because the end product may be a lot different and extremely inconsistent in terms of overall quality. Heck, most people don't even finish their megaWAD! *cough*DoomLover234*cough*

tl;dr I would suggest that you do some small maps or episodes before a full megaWAD project.

5 minutes ago, DoomLover234 said:

I would suggest that you do some small maps or episodes before a full megaWAD project.

In that case, I'll just make 4 map episode first using these monsters in place of the vanilla DOOM ones.