Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

Looks like the fate of that mysterious prize WAD made by joel I think (if it does exist) is in your hands @Marisa Kirisame whatever it may be

On 5/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, DeathwingDuck said:

Will there be a download of all the submissions in one big RAR file like with the 2016 contest? I've been running through them all periodically on my stream and having a blast checking them all out. I would love to do the same for the 2018 entries and it'd make things A LOT easier than tracking them down individually.

I found the VOD of you playing my 2016 map (Brown and Red). Was fun to watch, thanks for playing! I and others have found it possible on UV, but yeah, it's quite hard. :D Looking forward to your playthrough of my new one (The Egg of Human Endeavors); it's similarly difficult on UV. :D

3 hours ago, Joelskelethor said:

I don't know what the future holds for this, but whatever it is it can only be improved upon. I never expected 300 wads, and it was a big feat to get through it all.

Thanks for playing them Joel. Only thing I can think of in the future is to do an enforced playing time of like, 10-15 minutes, as it's clear trying to limit the contributions to a single level can still run the clock long, and I suspect this was the source of a lot of your fatigue. Even if a lot of authors still don't manage to make their maps 10-15 minutes long (saves & reloads can definitely tack a lot of time onto a run), hopefully pushing them to keep this in mind will significantly cut down on the hour-long marathons.

Of course, as the Doom Contest grows (I can't imagine you'll receive less submissions next time), you might also get inundated with a lot of junk too, which may mean getting a team together to curate the submissions... or maybe just resign yourself to playing a single contest over the next 5 years :P

Yeah the 1+ hour long maps were kind of annoying. they basically just heard your rule about not submitting multiple maps and took that to mean just shove their multiple maps into one big map, Maybe have a size limit for the maps like 32kX32k(+/-16k on each axis) so that doesnt happen again?

The problem with limiting physical map size is people can still make hour long mas with the right know-how and efficient use of space (or just remake the elevator from lvl 2 (I believe) of Mock 2)

On 5/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, Benjogami said:

I found the VOD of you playing my 2016 map (Brown and Red). Was fun to watch, thanks for playing! I and others have found it possible on UV, but yeah, it's quite hard. :D Looking forward to your playthrough of my new one (The Egg of Human Endeavors); it's similarly difficult on UV. :D

I looked up which one. Yea that was a toughy but I was less experienced with Slaughter maps when I did that. I still kinda suck with them but at the end I did change my tune and say it was definitely possible, just REALLY hard, lol. I plan on revisiting it at some point and beating it legit. I actually did have fun with it.

Congrats to the winners of the current contest! Can't wait to get to them all now that they've been made available!

the doomed rooms.zip 

The doomed rooms is a big map only wad you need is doom2. It goes to marble rooms to cargo bays. Hard at first then easy than hard,it took 4 days to complete. Yes it has free look and is on map01 music is bfg division I'm midi from (btw I don't own the music).

No custom guns nor enemies.

Edited by some guy who made a wad : more description

31 minutes ago, some guy who made a wad said:

So what do you guys think of the doomed rooms.wad.

Do me a favour real quick. See "DeathwingDuck" a few posts above mine? Would you mind telling me what the last line in his post says? ;-)

10 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Do me a favour real quick. See "DeathwingDuck" a few posts above mine? Would you mind telling me what the last line in his post says? ;-)

Oh I did not see that at first,thank you for leting me know.