Vile Flesh - 4.5 out of 5
- Author wasn't going for detail here but the maps weren't entirely bland. They got larger, but not too complicated, as the game progressed.
- Although ammo and health was aplenty, armor was very scarce.
- Secrets VERY difficult to find on some Maps. This got annoying after awhile.
- Final Boss was a bit easy.
- It's very cool only one author did all of this! Rock on Gynn! Great wad for 1994!
- Game play was VERY fun. Not a slaughterfest by any means, but challenging on UV. You can beat the game without dying. I wouldn't recommend anything easier than HMP.
- Plenty of ammo, except Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 cells, which isn't entirely bad considering Cyber Demons weren't everywhere; plenty of health packs.
- I DID like the idea that Map 26 warranted VERY few Shotgun shells - and I mean I only found 16 total (a 'bundle' of SSG and two [4 pack] shells - including secrets) in this large map, with no Sargeants. So get used to the Chaingun & Rocket Launcher on this level - ammo for the Chaingun was aplenty!
- The puzzles were clever. Good monster placement.
- Music was awesome!
All and all a very good Megawad. Well worth downloading and playing. Has definite replay value. ~ dylux