Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

Skulldash - A Fast-Paced Speedrun Arcade Mod - OFFICIAL SERVER NOW LIVE!

Nictendo said:

Streaming Skulldash, come join me!
http://www.twitch.tv/nictendo

I watched your VoD's when you originally posted this, I forgot to comment! Was great to see the way you handled the levels, especially interesting to see how differently you approach things compared to Dime!

I logged any issues/bugs you saw and I've fixed them since.

kmxexii said:

review is up, thank you for this!

Wow, what a lengthy and in-depth review! Thank you very much for taking the time to enjoy Skulldash to the max. Your comments have intrigued me very much; you seem to take a contradictory stance about the levels to a few other players - Maltreatment is commonly the most disliked level! I intend to make at least one, if not two maps for the Skulldash Community project; the one I'm working on is a large-scale, mostly outdoor beach map with plenty of cliff-like terrain, I think it may appeal to you based on your comments.

---------------------------

Now, a small announcement - Skulldash will have an official dedicated Zandronum server! The server will be based in the EU and it will be online 24/7 (Assuming nothing goes wrong, heh.)

As expected, the server requires version 3.0, but since 3.0's commonly updated I will be trying to configure the server to make use of the version that can be obtained on my website.

I plan on testing and configuring everything tonight, but since I'm away for the weekend I likely won't launch the server for public use until Sunday / Monday. I will make a post here to let everyone know!

The OFFICIAL SKULLDASH MULTIPLAYER SERVER is now live, 24/7!

To connect, use Doomseeker and ensure you have the correct version of zandronum, Development Version 3.0-alpha-151004-2012

Try to connect to the server and you should download the necessary file(s) to play. The server is European and gave myself and a few EU based testers 10 - 40 ping. I got ~15 for the most part, connecting from UK.

I will be creating a multiplayer patch over the next couple of weeks so I urge any and everyone to comment here your opinions of Skulldash when played online.

Currently, my to-do list consists of:

• Ensure all maps have Multiplayer starts (The water station is an example of a map without...)
  • Add a level-select voting system, currently it's first picked = played.
  • Adjust time according to in-game players.
  • Consider spawning monsters when player count breaches certain values, e.g. when 2+ players are in game, spawn extra imps, when 4+ players are in game, add some revenants etc. Bespoke to each map of course.
  • Lock the tutorial map after first completion
If you have any other suggestions or things to add to this list, don't hesitate to say so!

I am honoured to see Skulldash has been awarded a Cacoward! Many thanks to everyone who helped it become the beast it is today, and just as importantly thank you to everyone who took time to play it since its release!

A huge congratulations to the other award-winning projects and their respective authors! I'll certainly be taking the time to play them all.

Happy birthday Doom! :D

Thanks for the continued interest! A mix of things 'happened' - I spent time working on other projects which helped this sit in the backburner, and of the people who showed interest in mapping for the project, only 3 showed evidence they were mapping and two submitted a map! (you and Remmirath)

When my freelance work clears up I will most likely re-launch the project. The effort put in by the community so far certainly won't go to waste. Below is a video of the boss that was made for the community map pack. This video is now old, but the general gist of the boss fight is evident here - Doomguy vs. an Angel.

This fight I feel is quite unique - You have to take on an angel who is armed with massive AoE attacks, giant energy balls, progressively more aggressive attacks etc. Doomguy even gains the ability to fly during this fight.

As for the walkthrough videos, there's been so many small changes to the project itself (Almost every map has had small tweaks made!) that I'm refraining from making the walkthrough videos only to make them invalid later on.

Yeah, word on the street is that I'm the king of procrastination!

It's definitely something I intend to pick back up soon - I'm just about clean of any community projects, with just the last arena area of my latest map to finish. I'm also part of one other private project but that will be ongoing for quite some time.

Well this is embarrasing. I was even thinking why it didn't win one.

Regardless, you did a fantastic job. If you plan on making more content I also suggest adding a mode with a twist to the formula. How about starting with little time (like 10-15 secs) and make the player pick up coins to keep up.

Let me know if/when you need any testing. I'll be playing this tomorrow for sure. Sounds really cool.

So I tried downloading it from your download page, but I got one of those fake malware security pop-ups and was forced to close my browser. I'm not sure if it was caused by your site, but I can't safely grab this game until I can figure out what's going on.

@b00mb0dy if you were downloading the 'full version' it might be giving you a false-positive from the .exe (Zandronum) that is included in the zip archive. I just checked to be sure, doesn't seem like the site has been compromised in any way.

This seems interesting, but I can't seem to download the mod. Every time I go to the site - it's a complete blank, nothing is displayed. Guess I'll have to wait for it to come to idgames

Bah, I apologise!

I've got an issue on my personal website which I have neglected to fix for too long. I do have a mirror on MediaFire and this has served as a good reminder that I've not yet put Skulldash on IDGames yet, so thanks for that.

Here's a link to the mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jp6qvurzy2vwmdt/SkulldashExpandedEdition.zip/file

Thanks for reaching out, Admeral!

On 6/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dragonfly said:

Bah, I apologise!

I've got an issue on my personal website which I have neglected to fix for too long. I do have a mirror on MediaFire and this has served as a good reminder that I've not yet put Skulldash on IDGames yet, so thanks for that.

Here's a link to the mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jp6qvurzy2vwmdt/SkulldashExpandedEdition.zip/file

Thanks for reaching out, Admeral!

No problem. I do like the font, reminds me of Doom 64's font. ;)

We are playing this mod with my friend in coop, however we have an issue with respawn when someone die. When you die, there is a timer that say "press use to try again", however when you press use, you will respawn, but timer goes on and then the whole level ends and we have to start over. So we have to make every map without dying. Do you have any advice why its happening? 

15 hours ago, Vyko said:

Do you have any advice why its happening? 

This is happening because it appears I failed to handle what happens on respawn.

I've knocked up a quick patch that you can load in alongside Skulldash (Expanded Edition). This patch removes the death screen entirely, so you're back to default behavior. This should stop the issue you're encountering with the script continuing and ending the map in multiplayer sessions despite a player respawning.

Get it here: https://www.dfdoom.com/download/1757/

Do note that load order is important! This file should be included in AFTER the Skulldash Expanded Edition PK3 so that the ACS code is appropriately overwritten.