Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plusw

[Limit removing] [Single map] Stream (~4 hour speedmap)

I've been pretty busy lately but I missed mapping so I threw together this speedmap. Difficulty is on the easy side.

DOWNLOAD

tZaaajB.png

It's a short map and not very visually detailed - the four-hour time shows - but the gameplay is very tight and nice.

I recorded my playthrough of your map -

Despite being a short map, this is pretty awful in terms of difficulty. First of, the map has traps in the most dumbest of locations. (you trapped the health but not the chaingun?) Another trap flaw is I go from one segment to a trap to a segment to a trap and it rarely switches up. And that mancubus-revenant trap just made me quit due to the lack of the SSG.

Secondly, you are forced to shoot a shotgunner to have access to a shotgun. Fair enough they drop them but when you're surrounded by around 5-7 imps and a hell knight that's not so easy to do.

However whislt there are problems I can say there are good things. For one, the design here is very much pleasing. Another bonus on top is the map isn't very confusing to navigate. <3

Overall this map is fine but yeah the 4-hour time spent does somewhat show through...

6/10

Oh! That map was actually quite good. Felt like a Romero map straight from Doom 2. There are obviously a few similarities to O of destruction. I generally like the design of the extremely simple hub by which you acquire all the keys. The fights were all pretty unique, though I noticed if you get the yellow key first, you may have an ammo problem coming up against those Spectres. The map starts off with a brawl in the center hub which I found quite fun, but I did leave a few stragglers on my second, and final, attempt because I was worried about ammunition. Very fun map, I had a good time. Gave me those classic Doom 2 vibes. 

Pretty slick map! I did notice that 4 monsters didn't teleport in (the top 4 in the sectors outside the map), but apart from that it's well made and a good use of time.