Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Looks like they might have ditched the ultra-gay looking gibbing

Maybe you'll have blast them into pieces to get them to stop getting back up, like with a rocket launcher or something. Like in Quake you had to blow the zombies up or they would just keep coming back.

TwiNCannoN said:

Well, remember they get back up a few times... heh, maybe we're in for a real treat and they "gib as they're shot" - pieces of whatever flying off - until they're finally dead and then vaporize.

Doubtful. As they don't come from hell. Also, dsm backed my point up great. It DOES affect the experience.

You know.. real shotguns do cause bodies to literally fly apart or gib.. (to a certain degree anyway) so it's not that unrealistic.. depending on range of course.

If you look closely at the Icons video, when the pinky dies, you will notice the mechanical legs actually stay behind, which is a neat effect I think.
Also, from what I have seen, and read, when you kill some of the zombies at least, the body will stay behind, but if dismemberd, you will actually see intestines and bones. This may have changed though, so don't quote me.

POTGIESSER said:

You've said it. Performance wise having all these high poly corpses on the ground isn't practical. I also figure that possibly they were unable program a sufficient physics variable system: IE: They didn't want models to clip through the dead ones and had trouble properly coding/animating an active model stepping ontop/over a dead model convincingly, so for the sake of simplicity, and the determination to keep a form of constant realism that doesn't give way to a graphical glitch they decided to them vanish.

Actually, the collision works between ragdolls. Play the game first and judge for yourself. :)