Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

Another music question (Orbital)

No poll this time, but a question nevertheless. I've been thinking about getting Orbital's other albums for some time now, but I don't know if they're any good or not. (I'm sure The Altogether - the one I do have - was a one-off masterpiece and I'm not sure about the earlier ones, given they comprise mostly of looooong tunes that may or may not be repetitive and drag on)

So, are they worth getting, and which ones are the best? (and when does the new one come out if anyone knows that)

i have a lot of their mp3's and i have one of their compilations. from the discology, i can tell that their albums "Orbital" and "Orbital 2" are pretty fucking good. i highly recommend buying both of them. i'd buy them first chance i saw them in stores, but whenever i do look for them i cant find em :\

Mmm... I've always liked Massive Attack better.

EDIT: 500 POSTS!!!!

...Man, what a waste of a 500th post.

Well, there is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Insides was, dispite the length of the tracks, a damn good buy. And I rather like their soundtrack work on Event Horizon.

The Middle Of Nowhere was extremely disappointing, but all their other albums are superb.

Actually from what I've heard (and read from critics) The Altogether was complete crap. The only three albums I've heard are Orbital, Orbital 2, and In Sides and they're all pretty good, particularly 2. I'm not even going to bother with their newer stuff.

Well the critics (as usual) are talking complete crap, I'd suggest listening to the album instead of them. (in fact it's my all-time fave album, and it's so good I can't see anything beating it really)

NiGHTMARE: is that the 1999 one? I was actually thinking of getting that one first... (as I've heard one or two good tunes in full, whereas with the others and indeed the other albums, I've only heard short clips - and they're no good for albums like these, where most of the tunes are 15-20x longer)

heh, that coming from one of dw's resident critics :P Well the main complaint I've actually heard about The Altogether isn't that it's bad necessarily, just that's basically a rehash of older songs from Orbital and Orbital 2. I'm not a big fan of groups when their new stuff just like sounds like the inbred children of their old. Might get around to it eventually, but not in a rush to hear it anytime soon.