Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

The new maps are generally not done yet, the old ones from Devilution are pretty much done though. Still a few music tracks left to be completed, and theres quite a few graphics still needed. I'd say its about half done.

in terms of progress, 20 maps done, 3 more done in all but name.

Of course, I imagine most of those 20 will undergo a lot of fine tuning while the rest are made.

btw Kyka, could you make a light blue variant of the soulface texture? Maybe another few variants, but a light blue one is needed for an idea of mine

Ok.

Now which texture is the soulface texture?

Posting just to let you guys know that i'm back on track with my map, made some changes to the texture and turn my techbase to a more rusty looking one. also I made some changes to some of the rooms, updating them. i'm not 100% done with yet but i'm glad with what i have right now.

i'm a lazy, lazy bum. here is all my MIDI files contributed to the project, fixed and edited slightly: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rqfgnlrstr7pvwb/AAAfcUnN_b5QmOAek8NmFqQka?dl=0

note that And So, She Fell, and Contempt (I Hate You), are probably in the Originals folder already, but download all the files just to be sure. and feel free to test them to see if they are problem-free now.

I don't know, I think I might take that title these days.

So, I assume Computers is both finished, and is indeed the name of the track?

I'll get around to a new version of the music wad with 32 removed and make it public so more people can test it. I think I'll also fill all 35 slots so all of them can be listened to in-game in a variety of ports, with a variety of sound settings.

I BETTER NOT GET BITCHING ABOUT THE PLACEHOLDERS, I SWEAR

The originals folder will also be updated of course. I just went though them and renamed a bunch, as I was beginning to forget the full titles of some of them >_>

Oh and Kyka, send me the newest version of everything when its all ready, then I'll get to some playing.

Ragnor said:

So, I assume Computers is both finished, and is indeed the name of the track?

if you think it sounds good. i was really struggling trying to find a way to extend the track, and i'm not entirely happy with how it turned out. but i've kind of hit a landstill with the track now, so i decided to call it done. if the team doesn't want it, then that's fine. and yes, Computers might as well be the name of the track, as per what it was partially based on.

to be honest, it and Computers are more doodles than tracks i'd prefer to be used. if someone wants to use them, though, go ahead, but if anyone actually wants Ringer Dawn in the project, i'd have to fix that MIDI up, too, and i'm not entirely feeling like putting up the effort for that.

Out of the blue question but:

Will there be a beta/alpha in the near future (of all the textures, current maps and music)?

Because I would love to hear some of these MIDI tracks within the new TNT levels.

if you have access to it, you could load the TNT music wad with the levels? unless the levels aren't actually bundled into a wad yet, but released separately until it's time.

New music wad is done.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHAkgqTw2tLZHdZajR4TWgtU00/edit?usp=sharing

Track list for the public "demo" of all 34 (35 technically) complete and fixed tracks submitted for the project:

Title music: Cataclysmic Impact - Doomhuntress
Story text music: The Revolution Continues - Eris Falling
Intermission: The Aftermath - Eris Falling

Map 01:TiN Toker (Bucket)
Map 02:Thrash 'N' Tear (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 03:No Absolution (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 04:TermiNaTed (Bucket)
Map 05:Severance (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 06:Hellhole (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 07:Computers (Doomhuntress)
Map 08:Drivin a Plucked String (Doomhuntress)
Map 09:TNT'd Love (Bucket)
Map 10:Your Last Resort (Doomhuntress)
Map 11:Crazy Castle Killer (Doomhuntress)
Map 12:Ionian Isolation (Eris Falling)
Map 13:Lonely Corridors (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 14:Sea Bats (Doomhuntress)
Map 15:ThirteeNTh Hour (Bucket)
Map 16:Avec Vous (Doomhuntress)
Map 17:TiNTinnabulation (Bucket)
Map 18:Grandfather Clocktower (Doomhuntress)
Map 19:TeNeT (Bucket)
Map 20:(Here Comes) The Night Train (Bucket)
Map 21:Contempt (I Hate You) (Doomhuntress)
Map 22:Terminate 'N' Torture (Doomhuntress)
Map 23:Wasted (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 24:Tell No Tales (Bucket)
Map 25:The Arcane (Doomhuntress)
Map 26:I Don't Want You To Leave (Regretful Edit) (Doomhuntress)
Map 27:ToNgue Tied (Bucket)
Map 28:And So, She Fell (Doomhuntress)
Map 29:God Ov Julenca (Doomhuntress)
Map 30:Ragnorian Reprise (Eris Falling)
Map 31:Atmosphere (Eris Falling)
Map 32:Empty (Secret until release)

There are still at least 5 tracks incoming in the future, so there will still be a whole bunch of tracks being swapped around.

Please test them in many different ports with different settings, and if issues like pitch bending still occur, let us know

sweet. i'll give it a ride. unfortunately, i'm not sure how much help i can be with bug-testing the MIDI files, because as you might remember, i seem to be unable to replicate the pitch-bend error. at least, it's not showing up in any of GZDoom's settings, and neither in FL Studio or Sekaiju.

Already told Ragnor of this but it's probably worth repeating here, it happens on my tracks so I assume it affects all others:

All channels appear to be centre panned. Very noticeable on Ionian Isolation (12).

Sudden tempo surges seem to keep happening. Noticeable on 30, and even though that track isn't staying, it does affect other tracks.

On Atmosphere (31), the guitar solo seems to have full modulation applied to it permanently, something is messing with that.

While not yet listed, 32 also exhibits the tempo surge issue, and one instrument goes completely off-key at one point. Neither of these occurred when it was isolated in its own WAD.

I'm not hearing pitch-bending issues either, so maybe it's safe to say that's sorted. Just these other ones left.

thank god at least that problem is sorted out. however, i might edit some of my MIDIs yet again, to fix the volumes of some of my older tracks. the tracks that had increased volume in them sounds just fine, but the ones with lower volume are completely overpowered by the sound-effects. i'll probably get to that when i have the time, but composition and bug-wise i should be done now.

great tracks so far, also. i'm up to map 10 right now and everything's sounded rather enjoyable to me. just that the volume of my tracks irks me.

My favourite experimental ones:
12, 14, 16, 21, 24, 25, 28.

29 is most impressive from entire set but is overkilling loonnngggg... make sure map in that slot will be complex and large enough to fulfill length of the track.

30 is very fitting for final showdown.

FearTheReaper said:

29 is most impressive from entire set but is overkilling loonnngggg... make sure map in that slot will be complex and large enough to fulfill length of the track.

Oh it is :p

28 was originally in 29's slot until this one came along and fit the map like a glove.

The very first time I played Map 29, it took me most of the day to finish (I died a LOT and got stuck on a few brutal fights, which added onto the length)

It one of longest most gruelling maps I've ever played, a fitting end to a megawad's standard maps, before the big finale.

Bucket said:

I've since tweaked a few of my tracks, but it's not a high priority to get them in.

Send them my way whenever you feel like it, and I'll put them in the google drive folder with all the other originals

*poke* I hope you guys did read that wall of dev stuff I sent in PM. I need to know if I missed anything or if I made any dumb suggestions :p

Now that I have confirmation, I guess its time to announce TNT: Revilution: Convilution. Yes, we went there. *dodges rocks*

All maps that don't end up in the main 32 will form a fourth episode, along with any unused midis. So there's no need to worry about your map or music being thrown out, it'll still be released in a side-wad, in the same vein as the No Hope for Peace episode from Pcorf's community project. We'll probably add a few new maps custom made for this episode to give it it's own feel and story, and make it feel like its more than a simple unused collection of maps that didnt make the final cut, but no promises!

So yeah, vanilla maps for TNTR are still welcome for submission.

I'd also like to wish mrthejoshmon well on his own TNT limit-removing project, Plutonia has always overshadowed TNT so it's really nice to see a surge of TNT interest lately.