Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christoph

can't remember/find a certain map29 remake

A while ago I recall playing through some megawad and one of the maps was what seemed to be a remake/reinterpretation of Doom2's map29. I want to play it again but can't even find it or remember what wad it was from. (It wasn't The Dying End). I thought it might've been in Plutonia or TNT but none of their map29's were it.

The map starts you on a high stony stairway that descends (in circular fashion?) into the vast dark chasmness. Soon after there was a walkway with large square niches along the wall (with 128x128 marble demon faces or something) if I remember right. Can't recall much else but I liked it and want to play it again so if anyway knows what I'm talking about please enlighten me. It was probably from some fairly well-known megawad, but I've done a quick check on all the ones I (currently) have and can't seem to find it.

I think you are referring to Plutonia map24: the final frontier

Come to think of it, I believe it was Plutonia's map27: antichrist, though what I was thinking of seemed vaguely different - maybe it was just my imagination. But I'm pretty sure that's the map I was thinking of, and it doesn't seem to be intended as a map29 remake, though it does have many similarities. Thanks for the tip which pointed me in the right direction! I thought it was either from Plutonia or TNT but didn't check enough maps besides map29...

These living end themed maps is in so many megawads.

Chris Lutz released this awesome remake of MAP29.

pcorf said:

Chris Lutz released this awesome remake of MAP29.

This is The Dying End, but it wasn't this, said Christoph.