Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Abyssal Speedmapping Session 4 - Done!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Obsidian
Forum Staple

walter confalonieri said:
I had fun... btw i hope to see this compiled in faster times than session 3 (maybe)!

So do I, mate. On that note, Session 3 is on it's way to the archives.

Old Post 03-23-14 02:59 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Posting the bug-fixed update to my map here.

It's odd. For the first 90 minutes I felt as though I might blister through to completion before anyone else does, but in reality I was the farthest behind. That's worse than over ten people. How the Hell I expect to overcome this problem is anyone's guess, but for now I'll just have to hold sway over the fabled, barren world of Alfonzo Treatment™. Fun session!

Map: Spatterdash
Author(s): Alfonzo
Music: Scythe Map19; "Remix of two songs from Perfect Dark" (I went through patches of the OST and certainly the Carrington Institute/Credits track accounts for one half of the inspiration (thanks Crate for helping me out here!), but I couldn't find out which other track the MIDI derives its sound from. Any ideas?)
Theme: Space abattoir!
Compatibility: Vanilla

EDIT: Re-uploaded to fix minor bugs again

Last edited by Alfonzo on 03-23-14 at 04:38

Old Post 03-23-14 03:48 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gifty
Mini-Member

Here's mine!

Map: Abattoir Five
Author: Gifty
Music: Unreleased Doom midi 17
Theme: Abattoir
Compatibility: Vanilla

Old Post 03-23-14 04:09 #
Gifty is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

I was a secret guest! Yay!

Map: A-bad-toir
Author: MTrop
Music: "Bleeding Grounds" by James Paddock
Theme: Abattoir
Compatibility: Boom, Doom 2

Sorry for lateness. Did some last-minute tweaks.

Old Post 03-23-14 05:29 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
an_mutt

Seeing as everone is posting their map I guess I should post mine (with updated info), so here goes:

Name: Selling Doomworld By The Pound
IWAD: Plutonia
Music: Eternal Champions - Trident
Custom Resources: New sky (from a planned wad I'm working on)
Time: 2 hours 15 minutes - Extra 15 minutes used the following morning to finish item placement and to add another horde of archviles
Theme: An """Abattoir"""
Compatability: Vanilla

Old Post 03-23-14 14:54 #
an_mutt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Have to say, Walter's map is definitely the most accurate to the abattoir theme. Everybody else has gone for some sort of fleshy hell with plenty of blood :p Having played a version of every finished map now, I'm quite looking forwards to seeing how it goes together as a set.

Old Post 03-23-14 16:35 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

Thank you very much...

Also this looks like an huge slaughterhouse party, since huge part of the levels are based upon the abattoir theme...

Old Post 03-23-14 23:25 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

XASER! I don't think I got your map credits!

Old Post 04-06-14 23:52 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Dagmit, when I asked during the Skype call if you needed anything else from me (textwise), the answer I got was "no." D:

At any rate, a link and the info:

http://static.angryscience.net/doom/xa-speed7.zip

Map: Matryoshka Citadel
Author(s): Xaser
Music: "Sharp" by Xaser (slightly-unfinished midi of mine I never used anywhere)
Theme: All of them.
Compatibility: Limit-removing
Description: This is what happens when demons try and build a city fortress slaughterhouse and accidentally slaughter the house instead and cause a gigantic illogical blood fountain to erupt in the middle of it. Also you have to kill some things and stuff because you're a space marine and that's what you do.

Original version of the map had a different midi (something called "hexii.mid"), but I had no idea what it was from or who did it so I replaced it with something of my own just in case.

Old Post 04-07-14 02:27 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Phobus was asking me if everyone needed to provide a textfile with their wad: I can see why you might have been confused. :) Also I sent you a PM and messaged you on Skype about that texture set of yours: just letting you know.

Old Post 04-07-14 03:02 #
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Oh hey, look.

Lemme know if there are any bugs or whatnot.

Old Post 04-07-14 11:04 #
an_mutt

I don't know if you want to keep the original map I sent you during the session, but I posted an updated version of the map higher up this page that adds enough ammo, health and powerups to make the map playable (as opposed to an arduous slog).

Old Post 04-07-14 13:44 #
an_mutt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

played this afternoon with every map at pistol start, cool mapset i must say! Thanks to all partecipants!

EDIT: DEMOZ!

Anyway don't found any major bugs, expect:

-My map (MAP01) had some misalignements in ending room...

- MAP03 and MAP04 needs more ammo IMO since i found myself running around without ammo meanwhille lots of enemies tries to kill me...

-in MAP11 missing some texture on this crusher room:

http://i.imgur.com/JFu3Q5T.png

Last edited by walter confalonieri on 04-07-14 at 17:21

Old Post 04-07-14 17:15 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
an_mutt

I spotted that after giving the map to Obsidian. The entire crusher room is a disaster in terms of texturing and pegging, but it's too funny to not Leave It In™, seeing as it's a speedmap and all.

Old Post 04-08-14 00:33 #