Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > XWE hates Vista

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Florian
Warming Up

Hello,

Well, a couple of months now I am having troubles with XWE. I have tried everything, but it just not seem to work. I also tried using SlumpED, but it turns out there you cannot save lumps as bmps for textures.

I get these errors:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6351/error1ff8.jpg

After I pressed ok it starts up XWE and I get this error:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/245/error2uu9.jpg

Then when I do anything like open a file it doesn't do anything and it just keeps loading.

So, what I did were these things:

In notepad say where the MainWAD is manually, save it on another root than C, run it as WinXP and even save doom2.wad in the same folder as XWE. Nothing worked !

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Old Post 01-07-09 16:07 #
Florian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Florian said:
I have tried everything,
Everything doesn't really mean much. Have you tried all the XWE.INI options described here?

Old Post 01-07-09 19:18 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Florian
Warming Up

Thanks a lot ! I tried something in the OPTION and set two things to 1 instead of 0 and it worked.

Woohoo. Well then I registered this forum for three posts, haha.

Old Post 01-08-09 00:22 #
Florian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Quasar

You could always stick around ;)

Old Post 01-08-09 01:23 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sonikku7
Mini-Member

All you had to do was right click on the program and then choose to run as Administrator. All that configuring is pointless. You have to run many programs as Admin and confirm with UAC to get Vista to do virtually anything by default. Honestly, how have you stuck with Vista without knowing this?

Old Post 01-31-09 05:21 #
Sonikku7 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
demonstein4d

i had to do the exact opposite. set it to 0.

Old Post 07-14-09 06:42 #
demonstein4d is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mithral_Demon
Forum Regular

Sonikku7 said:
All you had to do was right click on the program and then choose to run as Administrator. All that configuring is pointless. You have to run many programs as Admin and confirm with UAC to get Vista to do virtually anything by default. Honestly, how have you stuck with Vista without knowing this?

Well, it depends on the version of Vista you have, mine I had to go into the .INI and change it, trying Admin didn't work.

Old Post 07-14-09 07:28 #
Mithral_Demon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agent-H
Banned

I get the same thing with a laptop running with XP and a desktop running windows 7. I've never had this problem with my old vista. It sure is strange as hell, though.

Old Post 04-19-10 20:04 #
Agent-H is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
THE GMoD
Warming Up

DoomTroll said:
I get the same thing with a laptop running with XP and a desktop running windows 7. I've never had this problem with my old vista. It sure is strange as hell, though.

I am having about the same problem with my PC running 7. I am thinking of trying WXE on my laptop and doing the editing there so I can then transfer it to my main computer.

Old Post 05-10-10 04:24 #
THE GMoD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KingofBabylon
Loser

Everybody hates Vista. Games hate Vista too.

Old Post 06-23-10 04:27 #
KingofBabylon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyberdemon531

My XWE also doesn't work on my Vista, I can only use it on my Dad's computer that runs on XP...

Old Post 06-23-10 13:37 #
Cyberdemon531 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Worked for me out of the box in Win7 x64

Old Post 06-23-10 13:47 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote