Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Team Future

The Team Future site has updated with news that they have acquired two more level designers: Tomi Rajala and Tarin. They have also redesigned, and have announce their (big...) plans for a very large megawad.

Guest Anonymous User

Just one question--
I'm not knocking their ambition. They've got a pretty good team put together and all, and if they stick to it they can probably finish the project. But who REALLY wants to slog through 35 fscking levels?

Guest Anonymous User

What's the matter? Do you like 32 instead of 35? That's what megawad projects are all about, hence the name, MEGAWAD. I suggest you just remain anonymous.

Guest cocoon

Well, are they gonna build megawads just so they can say that they have made megawads? I sure hope not... Why put the effort into making 99 map addons, when you can concentrate on 12 map episodes instead? In order to create so many maps you will have to put something else to the side, it could be gameplay and that would be severe. When was it coming out again?

Guest Anonymous User

I don't know any WAD with more than 12 levels that doesn't get boring after a while (this includes The Darkening I and II, btw).

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but 99 levels? Yeah right. We can expect a production time about the same of Daikatana's in that case...

If you hate loads of levels, you'll be pleased to know that the 32 level Boom mega-WAD I was planning, Wrath, is now going to be a 6 level ZDoom partial-conversion hub instead. It's kind of a prequel to Paradox, in that it ends the hell wars and sets up the story for the paradox invasion which is the basis of Paradox.

That's why we are only having level designers do at most a few levels each, which is the reason why we want so many designers. The first chunk is just 35 solo levels along with 7 DM levels. This is our way of keeping good gameplay. BTW, we said that all of the separate parts will be put together into a 99 level megawad when each part has been released. It's not like we are releasing everything all together...

Guest Anonymous User

Ok, since X-Blade was kind enough to point out the other Anon. guy's dumbassity (sic) I won't go into it... :P

If Team Future is organizing it into hubs that's something completely different. If you have 5 seven-level hubs it's going to be a lot easier to maintain the player's interest than with 35 sequential levels.

I totally hate them. who the fuck enjoy being stuck because he didn't flick a switch 2 levels onwards or forgot some item... Walking backwards and forwards between maps a dozen times?

Guest Caleb

whats the difference in playing 30 wad's in one night as opposed to playing 1 30level wad in a week? DUH! if i remember correctly, everyone loved eternal doom, ultimate doom, doom 2 and final doom, so WTF is the difference?! Jesus

Actually, it is arranged into 7 hubs and then a special division for deathmatch only. We are also doing a different approach to the hub style which you will see when you play it. As for those of you bitching about us using hubs, too friggin bad...

Guest Anonymous User

Aardaapel, you're objecting to poorly-done hubs. I think there are ways to do them that don't annoy.

Guest cocoon

Why we all played them through? wel, ultimate doom and doom2 and final doom were actual games and the first glimpses into the doomworld (apart from final doom but it was still an id release). And eternal doom? Not veyr many megawads can compare to such a classic... I am afraid you have very high thoughts of yourself. BUT I know that I am just asuming that, I can impossibly know. Good luck guys!

I can understand the frustration about hubs. I still can't figure out what teamTNT was thinking when they did Doom2k. I tried playing with god mode and after three days I made it to the engineering room (map 5) and got stuck there.
"The badge you carry gives you access to the engine core."
Okay, great. I'm in the engineering room, but when I go up to the locked door it says "You need a security pass to enter" What security pass? What's the engine core? <P>My fault for thinking the addon's actually possible.

Anyway, I think hubs can work, if you give them a good puzzle element without making it too confusing. Anyone remember Super Metroid?

<HTML> Remember that there is supposedly a 99 level megawad being worked on now that's been in development for 3 years (Invasion by Moe). We'll never see that.

Anonymous user: The Darkening + Darkening Ep2 DON'T have more then 12 levels (unless your playing SP in the DM levels). So how could you include them on your list of boring megawads? Besides people: you don't sit on your ass and play through a megawad in one sitting. That's not the point.

I also find it notoriously funny that Nick is scaling back a megawad (Wrath) which is a prequel to another megawad (Paradox) which Nick hopes to follow up with another megawad (Paradox 2). None of which we've seen (unless you consider that one level paradox preview). Don't forgot that he is working on the Morbid series, Zdoom vers of Exec DM, DM wads using DE2 resources....

<I> Why does every idiot feel that they have to do a megawad to be part of something special? There's no unwritten rule that says if you haven't contributed to another hopeless megawad that you won't be a good and popular author. </I> </HTML>

I forgot to say that this wasn't a personal attack on Team Future. Indeed their new authors are very talented. I'm hoping we do see project. Again, nothing against x-blade, but keep hoping that people will join and help finish current projects and not create new ones which end up drawing from existing level editor resources.

Guest Anonymous User

actually i was planning on making a 184 level megawad with a new source port incorporating true 3d and hardware acceleration, but it got canceled.

Just to clear things up, we are working on each chunk one at a time. As for the second half of the series, the whole storyline will have changed so much that we will have to do a whole new resource wad for that one alone. The add-on pack is a mystery as of now.