Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyberdemon Lord

Which DOOM do you like the best?

Doom1 is better that Doom2, and Final Doom:Plutonia is better than Doom2, but Final Doom:TNT isn't as good as Doom or Doom 2.

Guest JudgeDooM

Sometimes my fave's Doom, sometimes Doom II, sometimes Final Doom. Actually, it's Doom II :)

I'd have to say Doom64.
Good graphics, tag effects, the monster spawn effect, two-story sectors, and the "ambient" music.

Espi said:

Doom1 is better that Doom2, and Final Doom:Plutonia is better than Doom2, but Final Doom:TNT isn't as good as Doom or Doom 2.

Doom 1 - Good, and with the episodes it didn't make it one long process.
Doom 2 - Could have had better levels. I enjoyed some of the city ones though...
Plutonia - Fun and the new textures made it look better. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
TNT - Most levels seemed the same and got boring, but that was only at the beginning... Later on they had some really good levels with great music. I liked that level with the illusion of moving packages.
Doom 64 - To bad I can't have it on my computer (I had the rom at one point though) and edit the levels for it. I thought the pentagram weapon was awsome (see my name and pic) and the way you could go to those secret levels and enhance it. Remember that misty secret level where you were walking through these wooden tunnels that were suspended in they air? I wish I could do that with Doom 2!

Me thinks DoomII is still the best. Yes, the graphics and so on are not like UT, but the world created for DoomII, it's still evil kick ass.

Lazer said:

Doom 1 - Good, and with the episodes it didn't make it one long process.
Doom 2 - Could have had better levels. I enjoyed some of the city ones though...
Plutonia - Fun and the new textures made it look better. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
TNT - Most levels seemed the same and got boring, but that was only at the beginning... Later on they had some really good levels with great music. I liked that level with the illusion of moving packages.
Doom 64 - To bad I can't have it on my computer (I had the rom at one point though) and edit the levels for it. I thought the pentagram weapon was awsome (see my name and pic) and the way you could go to those secret levels and enhance it. Remember that misty secret level where you were walking through these wooden tunnels that were suspended in they air? I wish I could do that with Doom 2!

Well, I have to say Doom 1 is the best in my opinion (I dunno why, but theres something about it i like better than the others!)

Well,
- first I prefer episode based games. I simply love the concept.
- second I love the mix between hell and technology (and according to Doom3 footage I guess id like that too :P )

I've never perfectly known every variant of Doom seems I'm not a hard gamer. So I'll say Ultimate Doom (with Four episodes is that is ?) ;)

Yeah. I like Ultimate Doom best as well. The only Doom2 map I've made was for the 10 sector mapping contest a while back. All my other ones were for UD. Maybe I should make a Doom2 one again someday :) The main reason I like Doom better is because it has textures that I like that Doom2 doesn't have.

I'm still an avid fan of PSX Doom, not Final Doom, but the original. Both Doom 1 and 2 on the disc, faster gameplay, awesome control, and it's just damn fun. Sure, there are a few glitches, and some of the Doom 1 levels are hacked (they ported over the levels from the Jaguar version, NOT the PC version, stupid mistake), but for the most part, it's the most complete version of Doom.

Cyberdemon Lord said:

No offence, but why the hell DOOM 64!?

I thought he wrote there why he thinks it's best? Read it don't ask. I don't know much about Doom 64 but it doesn't seem too bad...

I've got nothing against DOOM 64 but I like the other ones better. I'm not the only one either! The monsters on DOOM 64 may look good but the way they move...it's just disturbing!

Guest Stealthy Ivan

Doom2 is my favorite...!