Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryaxnb

Too much time on my hands...

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/page03.jpg

For anyone who's seen the above comic, you'll know what I mean when I say "Bonk."

:D

Anyway, I had so much time on my hands I summonfriend'ed a Cyberdemon in ZDOOM, followed it as it walked around and killed it- with no berserk pack, using bare fists! Thats probably over 350 punches! Try doing part of it some day and you'll see you can't just punch over and over, you have to follow it as it moves. It's a pain. Anyway, that was crazy. Any of you ever done anything weird like that before?

Try punching out a Cyberdemon legitimately: take a look at Xit's tyson run of E2M8. Yes, there's the 50 pistol shots, but it's still impressive. The pattern isn't hard to get down, but I imagine it must place quite a strain on the player after doing it for so long.

Holy Wow thats neat. I'll have to look at that. The main problem for me would be dodging the rockets at close range. I could dodge them at pistol range maybe but at close range? Never.

ryaxnb said:

Holy Wow thats neat. I'll have to look at that. The main problem for me would be dodging the rockets at close range. I could dodge them at pistol range maybe but at close range? Never.

Once you get the pattern down, the hard part isn't the dodging itself (try it some time), but rather just keeping it up long enough to actually kill it (I know I'd probably slip up after only a couple of minutes, let alone a half-hour).

I couldn't stay focused long enough to punch out a cyber.
One of my favourite time-wasters is watching an archie trying to kill a cyber.

BTW - am I the only one having trouble accessing Doom2.net?

I'd try and kill cyberdemons with the fist, chainsaw and pistol with Godmode when I'd get bored as a kid, but I haven't tried anything close since. Usually, if I don't at least have a decently loaded rocket launcher, I'll just ignore a cyberdemon.

I've made a small map once that was engineered so that there would be eternal monster infighting (with respawn). I'd then IDCLIP to a one-sided pillar in the middle of the arena and just watch the carnage around me. After a few hours the game begins to crawl because of the sheer number of clips, shotguns and chainguns on the floor :P

I killed a couple cyberdemons with a chainsaw. Punching is just too damn boring.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Mix it up with a bezerk pack and then

FALCON PUNCH!!!

More along the lines of:

FALCON PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PU-PUNCH!!

I once played a "mall" wad (might have been part of maximum doom) which was supposed to have a dehacked patch but didnt, and the "breakable windows" where cyberdemons that needed to be chainsawed for hours on end (as the map was suprisingly 'tight' (balanced with the right patch!) on ammo for the era). Luckily they where 'stuck in the ceiling' so you didnt get rocket-firing windows sliding about the place after you. Unlike the fireball-throwing, imp-noise- making "shootable walls"

One day i'll have to find the real version of that wad with the patch, it was quite decent