Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ETPC

ZDoom Patch for Obituary?

It's a old TC from 1995 (On the "10 Years Of Doom" list), but you prolly already knew that.

Is there a patch to fix the DEH's so I can play them in (G)ZDoom?

Barring that, is there a DIY guide to upgrading (or converting, whatever you want to call it) the patches?

Edit: Figured something out. Nevermind.

As nice as GZDoom is, sometimes levels from '95 are just better when played with a more basic aesthetic. Try Prboom, or PrBoom+ if you want some freelook.

Does Chocolate Doom support dehacked? I'm pretty sure it does, but I can't remember.

As for your original question, it would take some work to convert the dehacked patch over to decorate, but it is possible. You would have to know how everything worked in the original pretty well, though.

Having looked at the WAD (there is also a thread over at Zdoom), the problem isn't really the dehacked patch. The WAD has quite a few bits of messed up data and, in addition, expects NWT to be run to construct a working WAD.

Enjay is correct.The problem is not the dehacked files, but obtic2.wad and obtic3.wad. Both these wads have the new graphics for the weapons and such but shows them as image rather than sprite lumps. If using XWE just change these by changing their type from 36 to 31. I just tested this and it works.

I finally figured out how to run it with someone's help. Fantastic set of maps.

Anyway, I may have ran into the same problem. The WAD being "The Trooper's Playground" by Matthias Worch. I'm not sure if it is the WAD file this time around or simply a old DEH, but I saw NWT.exe and I get the feeling that from now on, that may be a sign to not try to play it on ZDoom based engines :P

However, there is a no-modify clause. Much to my chagrin. Could someone teach a complete newbie idiot how to fix something like this?

Thanks again and sorry for the bump.

This works a treat if you're willing to try a different source port-

chocolate-doom -deh ttp.deh -nwtmerge ttp.wad -file ttp.wad

I find 320x200 quite satisfying on a 17" monitor, actually. I think the size of the monitor does not really matter; just whether you're used to lower resolutions.

ETPC said:
Could someone teach a complete newbie idiot how to fix something like this?

TTP is just missing the sprite and flat markers, and ZDoom is scared of DEH patches made with DeHackEd v2.3, even though most of them (all?) should work. (If there's any difference I bet it would be very easy to make them work flawlessly anyway by making sure it does whatever it needs to do to read v2.3 patches.)

Do the following:

1) Open TTP.WAD with a WAD editing tool (XWE, WinTex, NWT, DeepSea or SlumpEd) and add new (blank) lumps named as follows:

FF_START after RSKY1
F_END after FLAT5_8
SS_START after D_IN_CIT
S_END after SPIDO0

2) Open TTP.DEH and change v2.3 to v3.0 on the first line (the DeHackEd version).

PS: You aren't an idiot :p