Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

RAVEN MIDI Pack II - Breathing Life Into "Deathkings"

Posted (edited)

@Lippeth Awesome work on this, mate! Definitely happy to have it included as Market Place's midi. Loving how genuine it sounds now, this was absolutely the vibe I was after with this track.

What I'll probably do is include the original Coroner as well, as an unused track - the two pieces definitely have a lot in common, but it'd be great to showcase the evolution of the piece from my version to yours, as well. Having multiple tracks that share common material was a vanilla Hexen thing as well, of course, so that'd be great to call back to!

Think the track is where it needs to be from your perspective? I'm happy with it if you are!

Posted (edited)

Glad to hear it! Most everything was already there or just needed a nudge; shifting the rhythm, adding support melodies or changing the instrument made all the difference in most cases, but thank you for giving me permission to run wild with it.

I did go back and adjust a few minor things like the panning of the harp, extending a note or two and add bass to support a short phrase. This one should be good to go, but you're also welcome to adjust or add/remove anything!

Jimpeth - Coroner_02

Edited by Lippeth

Thanks Lippeth! This definitely sounds good, have updated it in the wad and marked this track as finished on the OP. :)

That's saddening to hear, @Gothic. No pressure of course but if you have anything you've started, please feel free to upload it so someone (perhaps me! eager to keep momentum going on this) can finish it off.

Posted (edited)

It's a shame to see this project struggling. Deathkings really does deserve a soundtrack of its own. Maybe I should teach myself MIDI so I can help contribute.

Posted (edited)

@Gothic This is MORE than serviceable! You've very much hit the Schilder style square on the head.

I'd like to fiddle around with it if that's okay, it just needs fleshing out with a little bit of fuller instrumentation in certain parts and maybe something to break up the odd bit of repetition.

Kick that impostor syndrome to the curb, you're doing great.

Edited by Jimmy

imposter syndrome is a real problem. i've been having a real hard time convincing myself that i'm not actually worse than every other musician in this community and it's been a real deathblow to my creative output this year.

25 minutes ago, Varis Alpha said:

imposter syndrome is a real problem. i've been having a real hard time convincing myself that i'm not actually worse than every other musician in this community and it's been a real deathblow to my creative output this year.

Mostly just assuming here that it's something that you've experiences in other periods, I wont' say too much here, beyond that you're imo, among the best 10 musicians currently active in the Doom community. That's all:)

33 minutes ago, Varis Alpha said:

I’m building a megawad and 90% of the midis are yours. Does that help? I’ve been a big fan ever since I heard Ascension of Satan.