• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

GzDOOM-1 - GZDoom community project experiment - project abandoned

10 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Hopefully the wad will take about 12 hours to beat once we're done, lol

why 12 hours? LOL

for a 32 level megawad that will leave 20 minutes (22,5) on average to beat each level

1 minute ago, CBM said:

why 12 hours? LOL

Dunno, I just like the sound of wads that'll keep me entertained for a long time.

Also, what GZ/LZDoom version are we aiming for?

8 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Dunno, I just like the sound of wads that'll keep me entertained for a long time.

Also, what GZ/LZDoom version are we aiming for?

We will aim for the current version of GZDoom (v.4.4.2) or newer

the theoretical minimum required version will be the one that added support for Surface Skins, since I use that ALOT when making MD3 3D monsters (unsure what version added this but it seems the "SurfaceSkin" feature, might be something that was added within the last 2 years or so)

Edited by CBM

3 hours ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Got it. Also, is the first deadline for adding new maps? Meaning you can still modify the maps after that point, just not add any more?

precisely.. like alpha and beta stages in software development

2 hours ago, Oldschoolgeek32 said:

Is the wad in UDMF format?

I was going to ask the same question, I have a unfinished short UDMF map (yes, another one!) to donate for the project, if you wish. Are you ok for having maps in UDMF or it just need to be stick to Doom in Hexen format?

2 hours ago, Oldschoolgeek32 said:

Is the wad in UDMF format?

3 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I was going to ask the same question, I have a unfinished short UDMF map (yes, another one!) to donate for the project, if you wish. Are you ok for having maps in UDMF or it just need to be stick to Doom in Hexen format?

Of course...

it is DOOM2 UDMF :-)

41 minutes ago, waciej said:

Sooooo we can add some of unfished UDMF format maps to this wad?

yes, no problem

5 hours ago, Oldschoolgeek32 said:

I gotta question. Is this project going to use 3D models?

i want to but I can drop it if people doesnt like it

it is not essential

and I can always do a 3d pack later if every1 wants sprites at this time

5 minutes ago, CBM said:

i want to but I can drop it if people doesnt like it

it is not essential

and I can always do a 3d pack later if every1 wants sprites at this time

I'd say we should probably make the whole 3d thing as an addon for it

We make the mapset with just vanilla monsters and weapons so that people can play mods without us requesting for a vaccinated edition of sorts.

It's a win win.

3 minutes ago, Redead-ITA said:

I'd say we should probably make the whole 3d thing as an addon for it

We make the mapset with just vanilla monsters and weapons so that people can play mods without us requesting for a vaccinated edition of sorts.

It's a win win.

Agreed

new rule

all monsters and weapons must be vanilla to avoid issues with addon packs

more info on those when gzdoom-1 is done

I think that 3D models are good for vehicles, or trees, i think that wold be good some 3D decoration and the enemies and items with 2D sprites.

And i think that for a mod for GZDoom will be better the pk3 format than the plain WAD format

28 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I think that 3D models are good for vehicles, or trees, i think that wold be good some 3D decoration and the enemies and items with 2D sprites.

And i think that for a mod for GZDoom will be better the pk3 format than the plain WAD format

it will be pk3 format... but all monsters and decorations will be vanilla with optional 3d packs (AFTER GZDoom-1 is completed) with MD3 files for decorations and monsters.

I will NOT be allowed custom sprite based monsters in this project. That is non negotiable.

For that there are Doom-2 and others...

if it had been 100 percent up to me then we would have 3d monsters and decorations from the start...

but since some people hate 3d models, I made the compromise to use vanilla resources for monsters and decorations in the initial version.

HOWEVER...  feel free to make sprite packs for monsters and decorations AFTER GZDoom-1 is completed...

then people can select if they wish to play the megawad with vanilla stuff, custom MD3 models, custom sprites or even a mix

for max compatibility, custom monsters should ideally just be vanilla monsters with a different look for flavour and to ensure same look across freedoom2 and doom2 IWAD based playthroughs

Edited by CBM

1 hour ago, URROVA said:

question: DECORATE or ZScript for custom content?

decorate would be preferred

Release v0.02:

• Added MAP02: It starts on a sort of spaceship. At the end is a switch that doesnt do nothing yet (actives an empty script), you can continue the map from it.
  • Added some decorations (a chair and some uac holograms) converted to ZScript (sorry CBM i converted before you say it, but we can use both decorate and zscript)
  • Added the HORUS skybox from kothic for MAP02
  • Converted the WAD into a pk3

Link: https://mega.nz/file/fOgQXTDa#kmuW1W6YdkHId5BEuQ3yjWTZOqn_uHOddYPoKyw_slk

8 minutes ago, URROVA said:

Release v0.02:

• Added MAP02: It starts on a sort of spaceship. 
  • Added some decorations (a chair and some uac holograms) converted to ZScript (sorry CBM i converted before you say it, but we can use both decorate and zscript)
  • Added the HORUS skybox from kothic for MAP02
  • Organized into a pk3

Link: https://mega.nz/file/fOgQXTDa#kmuW1W6YdkHId5BEuQ3yjWTZOqn_uHOddYPoKyw_slk

ok, I have no problem mixing zscript and decorate if needed :)

edit: just tried the level... I like it, especially the sensation of movement... but I can't find the exit ..LOL

...the holograms are nice but we will need to do something about those sprite chairs at some point

Edited by CBM

7 minutes ago, CBM said:

it: just tried the level... I like it, especially the sensation of movement... but I can't find the exit ..LOL

I didnt added an exit yet xD

19 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I didnt added an exit yet xD

ahh ok :D

couldnt the chairs be made using 3d floors? (and then added as a resource)

otherwise...

here is a suggestion to how a 3d model for the spaceship chairs could look like (could be in obj format if need be, since it is very easy to work with)

spacechairs.png

other options

prefab.png
objexport.png

either a 3d floor chair could be exported directly to an obj or to a prefab

a prefab might be best since its not strictly a 3d model

3D models for chairs will be cool, and i didnt know that you can export the 3D floor as a obj model, i thinked that DB exports the dummy sectors xD

5 minutes ago, URROVA said:

3D models for chairs will be cool, and i didnt know that you can export the 3D floor as a obj model, i thinked that DB exports the dummy sectors xD

I can try messing around with some low poly 3D chairs we could use instead of the sprite chairs, but if we mus obey by the rules regarding no sprite or 3d based changes related to deco and monsters then I'd say I should do some chairs using 3d floors and then I can always include a prefab of the chair for easy reuse in other maps

On 10/9/2020 at 8:15 AM, CBM said:

corona macrovirus:

coronamacrovirusenemy.jpg

On 9/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, CBM said:

No adding dumb stuff. If it does nothing good or funny or is just really dumb, then it shouldn't be there.

You made something that broke your own rules
Seriously, This is a joke

1 hour ago, HitBoi64 said:

You made something that broke your own rules
Seriously, This is a joke

I do not agree but it can be omitted if need be