• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdarkmasterx

Buried Castle (Vanilla)

4 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

I see FIREBLU, I hit like. 

I have come to say exactly this

and I will also try and give it a play, looks like a neat map. The story intrigues me too

My first thought was "another xdarkmasterx map, can't wait to get my shit kicked in" but I was surprised at how much tamer than the other maps of yours that I've played Buried Castle is, at least at the very start. I had a lot of fun with this map, I especially liked the cyberdemon chase. The crusher to kill the imps after the blue key ambush is a much appreciated touch, I wasn't looking forward to having to clean that up.

Fun map as always, I'm always stoked to when I see you've posted a new map @xdarkmasterx

Small issue, the room where you get a rocket launcher + boxes of rockets has some cages with dead bodies in them but the line with the midtex isn't set to block player movement.

Spoiler

wucu00w.png

There's a bug here where if you shoot the red wall I'm aiming at here the projectile will pass right through it. I've had the issue before in my maps too but it was so minor that I didn't find it worth spending time fixing (just moving around the line didn't fix it).

Spoiler

TH9Hn9d.png

Similar issue as one above but can be hit with projectiles but not with hitscan. It's not even worth fixing but I noticed it so I may as well mention it.

Spoiler

UPkOg2O.png

Finished it on UV, hard as nails (maybe a little too brutally hard at times) but still awesome to play.

Best part was when I got cornered by Revenants and was promptly punched to death instantly.

Source port used: Woof!

11 hours ago, VisionThing said:

I see FIREBLU, I hit like. Nice sky texture too!

^
This

I played this sucker the other night at around 2am and much like Vert, I too was surprised that I actually beat it. I was severely paranoid and convinced the entire time I was going to reach a point of no return, but I beat it. I FINALLY beat a DarkMaster map! :^D

Edited by Biodegradable

@Biodegradable picked this map for me to attempt. I'm sorry to say but usually your maps are just way way too hard for me. But this is clearly my favorite map of yours. It even has a psychological torment aspect to it with the music and freaky face imagery.  But I genuinely enjoyed the combat. Trying to figure at these epic scenarios and pushing myself to the limit and then pushing myself further by going back and trying to get 100% kills which I achieved. There's also some really cool visual stuff I liked that whole walkway with the red wall demon faces and stuff just great stuff. Your map is cool. 

8 hours ago, Clippy said:

It even has a psychological torment aspect to it with the music and freaky face imagery.

I have no idea why the music sounds like that on your soundfonts XD. This is what it's meant to sound like:

Thank you for playing!