Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epicyolomaster420

[Community Project] Cleanout – A slaughterish Boom compatible Ultimate Doom megawad [ALL SLOTS TAKEN!!!]

Hello there ! Here comes the map. This is not a definitive edition, I think I'll add some visual effects or one/two rooms. It's pretty fast to finish (not even 10 minutes). So, I'm waiting for your comments ! ;) @epicyolomaster420

P.S : The music is the one I'll be inspired for the track of this level. And I put a wad that I made to replace all of the original sounds effects as an extra. 

Blood_Factory_1st_Version.zip

1 hour ago, R0rque. said:

Hello there ! Here comes the map. This is not a definitive edition, I think I'll add some visual effects or one/two rooms. It's pretty fast to finish (not even 10 minutes). So, I'm waiting for your comments ! ;) @epicyolomaster420

P.S : The music is the one I'll be inspired for the track of this level. And I put a wad that I made to replace all of the original sounds effects as an extra. 

I'm seeing a lot of missing flats, even when I load this up with cleanout and OTEX, so could you include them in the wad for me (I've attached a screenshot of the map in the editor that should show you what's missing - all the white stuff...)?

Also what exactly was your intention with the sound effects (did you imagine these as only playing in your map or in all of cleanout - cause I can only insure the working of the latter)?

2022-11-08.png

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : forgot to include some information...

34 minutes ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

I'm seeing a lot of missing flats, even when I load this up with cleanout and OTEX, so could you include them in the wad for me (I've attached a screenshot of the map in the editor that should show you what's missing)?

Also what exactly was your intention with the sound effects (did you imagine these as only playing in your map or in all of cleanout - cause I can only insure the working of the latter)?

2022-11-08.png

I tested that and indeed, I saw the problem. I've put my map directly inside your wad file and that was working (with the Otex and Cleanout textures of course). Could you tell me if it's the same in your case ? ;)

Cleanout_with_my_level.zip

23 minutes ago, R0rque. said:

I tested that and indeed, I saw the problem. I've put my map directly inside your wad file and that was working (with the Otex and Cleanout textures of course). Could you tell me if it's the same in your case ? ;)

For some reason it's not. The textures still don't show up!

1 hour ago, R0rque. said:

You tested the maps in GZDOOM? Because GZ doesn't use te TEXTURE1/2 Lump when loading, so You can load múltiple resources without major errors (thats the reason why i'm using ZDoom for maps testing), although with flats shouldn't be a problem since it doesn't use that lumps, loading múltiple TEXTURE wads in another sourceport can lead to errors ir missing textures for that reason.

21 minutes ago, Herr Dethnout said:

You tested the maps in GZDOOM? Because GZ doesn't use te TEXTURE1/2 Lump when loading, so You can load múltiple resources without major errors (thats the reason why i'm using ZDoom for maps testing), although with flats shouldn't be a problem since it doesn't use that lumps, loading múltiple TEXTURE wads in another sourceport can lead to errors ir missing textures for that reason.

I don't know if he did but I certainly did (use GZDoom).

And I've been wondering for a while why I got those errors when I tried to load Cleanout up with OTEX in DSDA. I guess I know now why...

Also does this mean I'll have to include all the OTEX textures in manually in the WAD if I want things to work (in source ports other than GZ) ?!?! (finding individual textures in OTEX is a nightmare...)

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : forgot to include some information...

16 minutes ago, R0rque. said:

For the sake of gosh, tell me this is working this time ! >_< @epicyolomaster420

Blood Factory 2nd version.zip

It isn't!

I suggest you copy paste the problematic textures into the wad manually. To help you out I've compiled a list of these textures:

0IROND00

01DMDA01

09DMDA02

04DMDA01

0BKMTA04

0BLODA01

03DMDA03

03DMDA05

08DMDA01

0LLLLA06

0BASEN01

0POOPY04

01DMDA07

01DMDA06

01DMDA04

0NUKEA01

02DMDA05

0WOODE12

0GRATE02

(all of these are flats)

I can't understand. I've only used the Otex textures and the vanilla Doom's ones. I just don't get why this cannot works. I've launched GZdoom with "Otex" and "Doom" only and there were no problem. By the way, I've copy-pasted the problematic textures and in my side, I cannot found anything about these. I only had a "?" wall. What the heck is goin' on !? This makes me so much angry ! >_<

14 minutes ago, R0rque. said:

I can't understand. I've only used the Otex textures and the vanilla Doom's ones. I just don't get why this cannot works. I've launched GZdoom with "Otex" and "Doom" only and there were no problem. By the way, I've copy-pasted the problematic textures and in my side, I cannot found anything about these. I only had a "?" wall. What the heck is goin' on !? This makes me so much angry ! >_<

I think I realized why these may not show up on my end. As is evident from the list I've compiled all these texture names start with a 0, but in my OTEX.wad at least they start with an O, so I think I'm just going to copy paste them in myself manually and should in doing so fix the problem. I'll get to it and ping you once I'm done with that...

@R0rque. I've now fixed the problem with the textures and then went on to give your level my findings:

On the plus side I liked the level's theme, gameplay and music. I wouldn't really change much in these areas.

On the minus side though I did notice used SW2 switch textures for switches that haven't been pressed and are suppose to be, and SW1 texture on the one switch that isn't (the one behind you when you start the level). I would like for you to change that...

Also if you're going to add rooms like you said you will, than I would ask that you do not add more than 100 monsters on UV (hard), 75 on HMP (medium) and 50 on ITYTD/HNTR (easy).

I've included your level directly into cleanout.wad and will be pushing it out with a bunch of other new content in update 20 soon, but for the time being I'm sending you the wad as it is, in case you want to work on your level before then:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j0f20x0gpq59eu/Cleanout_19.5.zip?dl=0

I would also ask that you work on your level in this wad from now on, as I don't want to do all that texture renaming again... (I had to first manually copy paste all those textures from OTEX and then rename each and every single inproperly named texture (flat) in every sector in which it was used in your level to what it's OTEX name is...).

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : replaced zip with dropbox link to it...

Roger that. I hope the players will like it too then. <3

I'm doing the changes and I'll send you back the wad with the MIDI file. ;)

16 hours ago, R0rque. said:

Great, know I can give to my level a better end to give consistency between e1m1 and e1m2 heh

10 hours ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

@R0rque. I've now fixed the problem with the textures and then went on to give your level my findings:

On the plus side I liked the level's theme, gameplay and music. I wouldn't really change much in these areas.

On the minus side though I did notice used SW2 switch textures for switches that haven't been pressed and are suppose to be, and SW1 texture on the one switch that isn't (the one behind you when you start the level). I would like for you to change that...

Also if you're going to add rooms like you said you will, than I would ask that you do not add more than 100 monsters on UV (hard), 75 on HMP (medium) and 50 on ITYTD/HNTR (easy).

I've included your level directly into cleanout.wad and will be pushing it out with a bunch of other new content in update 20 soon, but for the time being I'm sending you the wad as it is, in case you want to work on your level before then:

Cleanout_19.5.zip

I would also ask that you work on your level in this wad from now on, as I don't want to do all that texture renaming again... (I had to first manually copy paste all those textures from OTEX and then rename each and every single inproperly named texture (flat) in every sector in which it was used in your level to what it's OTEX name is...).

Just a recordatory that if somebody wants to claim e1m9 then you can give it. Otherwise I will finish the map that I have for it.

8 hours ago, R0rque. said:

Roger that. I hope the players will like it too then. <3

I'm doing the changes and I'll send you back the wad with the MIDI file. ;)

Welp, after playing your map I will say that is actually pretty great, good layout and look and like some ideas and the use of enemies

Spoiler

The platforming towards the yellow key and the fake exit was really great :P

But I find some things odd:

• Theres not way to escape from the pits on the platforming part, or at least for the part that I fall, I needed to use noclip to get out.

• Pretty low ammo for the ammount of enemies, probably impossible to beat in a pistol start way. heh

• I still don't understand the point of the yellow card room switch probably a secret that I didn't find :/

• Talking about switches, whats the point of the first room switch? If its because my level end with a switch, well... that was for testing purposes :P

• The ending of the map is a teleport, I'm saying this because the start of the E1M3 is in a door and behind it a bridge (I suppose heh)

Spoiler

1217286025_SlimeBaseEpicyolomaster420.png.2f545d179b17bb1e41a13ea8f7ec6524.png1617776292_SlimeBaseEpicyolomaster420(1).png.11d6ce6c4010e18913d134ed16b59923.png

Probably will be best if you will add more room that one of the room will be the "bridge" so I has consistency with the next map :P

On 11/9/2022 at 4:02 AM, Herr Dethnout said:

Welp, after playing your map I will say that is actually pretty great, good layout and look and like some ideas and the use of enemies

Hide contents

• Theres not way to escape from the pits on the platforming part, or at least for the part that I fall, I needed to use noclip to get out.

• Pretty low ammo for the ammount of enemies, probably impossible to beat in a pistol start way. heh

• I still don't understand the point of the yellow card room switch probably a secret that I didn't find :/

• Talking about switches, whats the point of the first room switch? If its because my level end with a switch, well... that was for testing purposes :P

• The ending of the map is a teleport, I'm saying this because the start of the E1M3 is in a door and behind it a bridge (I suppose heh)

Hide contents

1217286025_SlimeBaseEpicyolomaster420.png.2f545d179b17bb1e41a13ea8f7ec6524.png1617776292_SlimeBaseEpicyolomaster420(1).png.11d6ce6c4010e18913d134ed16b59923.png

Probably will be best if you will add more room that one of the room will be the "bridge" so I has consistency with the next map :P

That's a great idea actually, so @R0rque. I think I'm going to ask you to do that (the whole bridge thing...). And in case you don't feel like it I've made the "bridge" for you:

2022-11-09.png.0b9e0bf2bed55046613dd360791b14fe.png

926168696_2022-11-09(1).png.29d0367caaf936d53f69b9731ebbf326.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwzgd9n1nwxrgg7/bridge.zip?dl=0

All you need to do is just copy paste it in, change the player1 start to a teleport destination, give it a new tag and make you exit teleportor teleport you to it instead. And please whatever you do, don't change it much as I've made it the right height, length, theme and everything - you can detail it if you want, but that's about it...

(also I won't take credit for it as it's something you could have easily made yourself...). 

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : replaced zip with dropbox link to it...

@epicyolomaster420 Ooooooooooh craaaaap ! I've already done something to make the link between the two levels (E1M2 & E1M3). I'll give you that as an edit in this post so you can tell me if it's good for you. If it's not it's okay I can fix that. ;)

By the way, here is the E1M2 MIDI file plus some changes that I made in some tracks (only audio mixing and some notes added). 

Tracks repaired + E1M2 MIDI file.zip

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ue25kyvg0b7zc9/Cleanout+E1M2+changes.zip/file

Edited by R0rque. : Map added.

8 hours ago, R0rque. said:

@epicyolomaster420 Ooooooooooh craaaaap ! I've already done something to make the link between the two levels (E1M2 & E1M3). I'll give you that as an edit in this post so you can tell me if it's good for you. If it's not it's okay I can fix that. ;)

By the way, here is the E1M2 MIDI file plus some changes that I made in some tracks (only audio mixing and some notes added). 

Tracks repaired + E1M2 MIDI file.zip

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ue25kyvg0b7zc9/Cleanout+E1M2+changes.zip/file

No problem! 

I'll just take this room you've made:

Spoiler

1044328791_2022-11-09(2).png.d3ad3f2d6336d451f822ec465ee99644.png

and transition it into the halway I made and call it. I'll send the wad back to you once I've done that.

44 minutes ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

No problem! 

I'll just take this room you've made:

Reveal hidden contents

1044328791_2022-11-09(2).png.d3ad3f2d6336d451f822ec465ee99644.png

and transition it into the halway I made and call it. I'll send the wad back to you once I've done that.

https://tenor.com/bSrsw.gif

@R0rque. There. Done!

I've included the halway and even made it a bit better (curved it 90° to get the orientation right, made it get progresively darker as you go - light variation and turned the curved portion into a mini staircase - height variation).

I also couldn't understand why the teleporter leading to the area that now joins up with the halway had a step texture rather than a teleporter one so I fixed that too (it's a proper teleporter now). I would also ask that you don't change it back as it makes more sence leaving it this way (the P1M3 building is quite far away from this map's one on the intermission screen afterall, so a teleporter is a much more sensible way of covering that distance...).

Here is a screeny of what I've done:

Spoiler

393063014_2022-11-09(3).png.40ff9db687c7f0f793d3b13deb52b35b.png

And here is the wad file (inside the zip):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdn1k3cyr4vc43s/Cleanout_19.75.zip?dl=0

Also I had to delete the levels music cause the file was too big (doomworld's max file size limit keeps changing on me for some reason...), so add it back in afterwords (talking about the mp3 inspiration song here - I haven't checked out your MIDI yet...)

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : replaced zip with dropbox link to it and reincluded picture

On 11/9/2022 at 4:02 AM, Herr Dethnout said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hello there. Here's my answers to the "odd" things :

- Well, normally it's almost impossible to fall off. I did many attempts and it never happened to me. By the way, I've changed the number of enemies in the first platform to avoid this kind of accident. Because with the pinkies and the DOOM's "physics", I agree this may happened to some newbies. :P

- I changed it too. Now, there're more ammunitions and health packs ! ;)

- It leads to lower the "barriers" which stop you to reach the red card.

- I didn't know how to do a clean link between my level and yours. >_<

- I changed it too. Now it's fixed and approved by the community leader. ;)

Here it is. Oh and for @epicyolomaster420 , here ! The modified MIDI files plus the MP3 inspiration one. https://www.mediafire.com/file/t8kqgzvym0xdms7/MP3+inspiration.mp3/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m13wi2amb5t086w/Tracks+repaired+++E1M2+MIDI+file.zip/file

Oh. And I cheated a bit for the E1M2 MIDI file, I remastered one of my very first MIDI files that I made for a map which took place... in a factory. I've heard that I've done many improvements since this one (which is pretty inspired by the tempo of "Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight") ! B)

I started on a little hell village for E2M2 - there's a trick in this map that I'm hoping to be able to pull off in Boom!

image.png.ba684074c76899deffbdf03e89906c6b.png

On 11/10/2022 at 3:00 AM, R0rque. said:

- I didn't know how to do a clean link between my level and yours. >_<

Make a fake teleport, my level will end with a teleport :P

Since @DavidN seems to have forgotten to share these here, I figured I may as well do so myself:

also since I'm talking talking about these and I've probably gotten DavidN's attention at this point I may as well share some feedback while I'm at it:

I like where the map is going but I would suggest using a bit less tudor textures from now on (since if you asked me I'd say you've used enough already...) so that the map doesn't turn to something completely medival or something that would belong more in Heretic than in it does Doom...

Hello there. After reading the Herr Dethnout explanation, I've done some minor changes in my map. I think this will be the definitive edition. It's only the second map of the wad, I don't want to make more "spectacular" effects and keep this for the rest. :P @epicyolomaster420

Here it is. https://www.mediafire.com/file/z6747vvur51rql4/Cleanout+minor+changes.zip/file  

Oh. @DavidN@Philnemba, @clamgor and @AnArchaicApparatus, do you want me to do the music for your maps ? I want to have "Cleanout" as a complete Original Soundtrack you know. If you disagree it's okay, this is not the end of the world. :P

Eooo, E1M1 is coming to the end (finally!)

New screenies!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20221115_232202.png.84b2b967be421adfb4275f42763f4118.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221115_232236.png.d0e512057d6d76529ae1af9f6112ad2e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221115_232221.png.5150db55f7214364ca51fd0ec27ada0a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221115_232213.png.9d11ef0eec76c78a24828cdc59ab01a4.png

Just need, 2 or 3 more Major rooms, connecting all sectors to give it a "no linear" layout, adding more enemies, decorations, items and it's done. :P

Here's the preview of the layout preview.

E1M1 NEW HEH.zip