Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsda-dev

dsda-doom v0.25.6 [2023-01-15]

1 hour ago, Marcinyk said:

Two quality features and DSDA-Doom would be the best sourceport with vanilla support.

1. Launcher menu with options to choose IWAD, PWADS and complevel.

2. Really useful console with demo commands.

Is it possible to implement theese, even in far future ? Dragging and dropping or preparing executables with parameters is so unreliable.

You could consider getting a launcher program like Doom Launcher.

But yeah, DSDA Doom does have its own launcher. It's basic, but it does the job.

On 5/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, MrHellstorm17 said:

What are "wipe screen effect" and "view bobbing" settings, what do they affect?

Wipe Screen effect is the way the screen slowly "melts" when you restart or load a save game.

View bobbing is the way that your vision subtly bobs up and down when moving (this is independent from weapon bobbing, which is just the weapon sprite's movement).

1 hour ago, Marcinyk said:

2. Really useful console with demo commands.

1 - DSDA-Launcher, ZDL, Doom Launcher, etc.

2 - You're in luck, stuff like demo clipping either is a thing or is going to be a thing. You can find console documentation here.

4 hours ago, Marcinyk said:

Use this, it's really simple yet working

Sorry guys, a few weeks ago I tried to check out dsda-launcher, but probably I failed to use github's download and I forgot about the thing. I checked that out two hours ago. Maybe the design is a little too complex, but every option needed to launch original games, wads, multi-file mods (deh for example), record and play demos, setup the pace is there. During gameplay, idclev and demo attempt button are just enough. Sorry guys, my fault, I'm not the best organized person.

19 hours ago, Maribo said:

You're in luck, stuff like demo clipping either is a thing or is going to be a thing. You can find console documentation here.

Demo commands in console like in Quake would be great, but  I cannot use console for something more than idclev and other standard cheatcodes. I'm happy that it's being implemented.

Also it'd be great to implement support for Heretic's shareware iwad. From what I've tried - dsda-doom supports only release wad.

Also one question - is it possible for Pr-Boom derrivative to support multiplayer with joining after start without changing the code too drasticly ? I know, it's speedrun and TAS focused project, but I'm just curious.

7 hours ago, Marcinyk said:

is it possible for Pr-Boom derrivative to support multiplayer with joining after start without changing the code too drasticly

dsda-doom does not have any multiplayer support at all. For multiplayer I recommend checking out woof

Where is DSDA Doom commands? I dont see Usage filex... something I cant do slowdown while record, how to enable to TAS?  is there specific command?

Latest dev build of DSDA - does anyone else have the bug where some sounds don't overlap? As in, if I collect an item and kill a zombie man at the same time, only one of the sounds will play? 

Is there a fix for this? Cheers!

Ehum, not sure if to post this here, but I tried running dsda-doom on Windows 11 and the mouse is complete bonkers. Its sensitivity makes the game unplayable, and even if I crank it down on OS-level nothing really changes. I don't remember having this issue on older Windows, is this known?

fluidsynth: error: requested set value for 'synth.sample-rate' out of range

Any way to work around this in Windows without switching to PortMIDI or adjusting the sample rate in Windows?

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what's throwing this error and causing the music to sound like it inhaled loads of helium.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:04 PM, Cinnamon said:

Ehum, not sure if to post this here, but I tried running dsda-doom on Windows 11 and the mouse is complete bonkers. Its sensitivity makes the game unplayable, and even if I crank it down on OS-level nothing really changes. I don't remember having this issue on older Windows, is this known?

You can regulate sensitivity in cfg. file

# Mouse settings
use_mouse                      1
mouse_stutter_correction       1
mouse_sensitivity_horiz        25

or in game setting. Option - general 

image.png.0451f66ab6cdbe4742232b5ff1e7b90e.png

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

I noticed in the latest version the option to smooth the palette tone mapping in OpenGL is missing, making it look exactly like the software mode.

Is that normal or am i missing something?

Edit: It was the option "OpenGL Light Mode" and you could choose between "indexed" and "shaders". Is that option removed?

Edited by TasAcri

Had an error where a monster climbed a step more than 32 units high. I think it was pushed in to a corner by other monsters, so there is something with the movement code.

e1- I solved the issue, it wasnt dsda doom. thanks for your time.

Edited by NeedHealth

@dsda-dev

Okay, now I think I stumbled up on error. In dsda-doom-0.26.2 when using the -warp parameter or really any parameter it seems, i get an "x does not accept string arguments". I have an older version of dsda present and i tested by copying the same parameters i used there and it generated the same error in dsda-doom-0.26.2.

Edited by NeedHealth

6 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

@dsda-dev

Okay, now I think I stumbled up on error. In dsda-doom-0.26.2 when using the -warp parameter or really any parameter it seems, i get an "x does not accept string arguments". I have an older version of dsda present and i tested by copying the same parameters i used there and it generated the same error in dsda-doom-0.26.2.

For 0.26.2 there's this thread:

It'd be helpful to share the exact parameters and/or script you're using.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, NeedHealth said:

@dsda-dev

In dsda-doom-0.26.2 when using the -warp parameter or really any parameter it seems, i get an "x does not accept string arguments".

Hello. This is technically not a bug but a WIP feature. -warp does not accept strings because it only accept numbers. Reading this from kraflab/dsda-doom:

int dsda_DoomResolveWarp(int* args, int arg_count, int* episode, int* map) {
  const doom_mapinfo_map_t* entry;

if (!doom_mapinfo.loaded)
    return false;

entry = dsda_DoomMapEntry(*map);

if (!entry)
    return false;

*map = entry->level_num;
  *episode = 1; // TODO: warp episode

return true;
}

If you play DOOM 1 you can only warp to the first map of any episode (just by doing -warp 3 you will be warped to E3M1). But it will work correctly if you want to warp to map 13 in DOOM 2 (-warp 13).

Also you can warp to any episode by using the level table. It's easier and for now a good solution.

1 hour ago, docktorDoom said:

If you play DOOM 1 you can only warp to the first map of any episode (just by doing -warp 3 you will be warped to E3M1). But it will work correctly if you want to warp to map 13 in DOOM 2 (-warp 13).

In Doom 1 you can warp to other levels by passing the episode and mission as separate numbers, e.g. -warp 3 2 for E3M2. This is how it's worked since the vanilla executable. There was some input validation added in dsda-doom 0.25 to reject invalid arguments, but if you're getting that with every parameter you must be doing something wrong in passing the arguments. Plenty of people (myself included) are able to use these parameters without a problem.

Prboom-plus supported the +map parameter to which you could give ExMy or MAPxx string, like in ZDoom and some other ports, it seems it has been removed in dsda-doom unfortunately, probably part of the command line cleanup and refactoring.

Might be a good idea to have it back because it can be helpful to warp to maps that have non-standard names.

13 hours ago, Shepardus said:

if you're getting that with every parameter you must be doing something wrong in passing the arguments. Plenty of people (myself included) are able to use these parameters without a problem

Absolutely not! It's just that in dsda-doom it's still a work in progress thing unfortunately. Mostly because of code cleanup and refactoring. However, prboom is still archived today so maybe I could edit dsda source and fix it myself.

6 hours ago, docktorDoom said:

Absolutely not! It's just that in dsda-doom it's still a work in progress thing unfortunately. Mostly because of code cleanup and refactoring. However, prboom is still archived today so maybe I could edit dsda source and fix it myself.

MAPINFO support is a work in progress, being able to use the -warp parameter is not. If it happens to be broken in the latest commits on GitHub, check out one of the stable release tags instead (e.g. v0.26.2).

21 hours ago, docktorDoom said:

Reading this from kraflab/dsda-doom:
<code>

That code isn't reachable unless you're debugging and isn't present at all in any released version of dsda-doom. Please don't post portions of code you don't understand and make claims about features you don't know anything about. That will only confuse the people that are looking for help.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, dsda-dev said:

That code isn't reachable unless you're debugging and isn't present at all in any released version of dsda-doom. Please don't post portions of code you don't understand and make claims about features you don't know anything about. That will only confuse the people that are looking for help.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I just skipped reading this poortion of the source code without realizing it isn't called in release. My mistake.

Reading now the correct called function, dsda_LegacyResolveWarp(), inside src/dsda/mapinfo/legacy.c the warp function works as follows:

-warp <episode> <map>

or for wads containing just one episode, like Doom II:

-warp <map>

So dsda_DoomResolveWarp() can be removed?

19 hours ago, docktorDoom said:

So dsda_DoomResolveWarp() can be removed?

It's part of a work in progress feature, not sure why you're proposing to remove it.

Edited by Shepardus

sorry if this is a silly question but is there a full documentation of all the available launch options? there are a lot of convenient features like longtick, recordfromto, dsdademo etc. but they don't seem to be mentioned outside of patch notes sometimes

9 minutes ago, Renbot said:

sorry if this is a silly question but is there a full documentation of all the available launch options? there are a lot of convenient features like longtick, recordfromto, dsdademo etc. but they don't seem to be mentioned outside of patch notes sometimes

Launch the executable with "-help" or "--help" and it'll print a list of the launch options to the terminal.

As I slowly rebuild my source port collection on my steam deck, I am curious: does a Linux build of DSDA exist? I know Luxtorpeda has a version but I would prefer standalone or an appimage/discovery store install if such a thing exists, if only for archiving purposes.

I know Woof is getting an appimage with the next release per Fabian, but curious if anyone has made one for DSDA. Couldn't find anything from a cursory google search on my phone. Please let me know if I should be looking elsewhere for one and thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, nickxcom said:

As I slowly rebuild my source port collection on my steam deck, I am curious: does a Linux build of DSDA exist? I know Luxtorpeda has a version but I would prefer standalone or an appimage/discovery store install if such a thing exists, if only for archiving purposes.

I know Woof is getting an appimage with the next release per Fabian, but curious if anyone has made one for DSDA. Couldn't find anything from a cursory google search on my phone. Please let me know if I should be looking elsewhere for one and thanks in advance!

Maribo's shared a package for Debian-based distros; the latest version is here:

I once tried to put together an AppImage for dsda-doom, but it didn't go well owing to my not knowing how any of it works. Great to see it being set up for Woof; I imagine it wouldn't be too different for dsda-doom since the dependencies and build procedure are similar.