Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny Cruelty

Doom 2 In Song Only -[SUBMISSIONS CLOSED] A Community Experiment Megawad

25 minutes ago, Antiquated said:

Sorry to ask, but I think the available slots should be updated, since at least map28 and map30 are taken (along with some others on page 15's tracker by doomgappy that are not on the main page's) despite not saying so on the tracker. Excited though for this community project to be ready! @Johnny Cruelty

I think @Johnny Cruelty will update things in a while. I'll talk to him in the DMs. Thanks to all who are still contributing to the project even after so long!

17 minutes ago, Antiquated said:

I like the theming so far, but as a form of constructive criticism, the second room's lighting is pretty flat, which causes the large amount of texture variation to look especially jarring to me. Also, I think that perhaps the ceiling shouldn't be grey rock since the contrast between it and the rest of the room also feels somewhat jarring. Those are just my personal thoughts though, keep at it!

Thanks, I´m working on the details after everything is playable.

v0.4 is up. Learning the ropes with UMAPINFO. I tried to make the automap display the mappers' names and the maps' name but I think it didn't turn out like I wanted. I've added all the maps that were available on the thread that I could find. If you find that your map is not here, or that it's an older version without some type of bug that you have since fixed, you can quote me or send a DM with the necessary info. 

Download: Doom 2 in Song Only v0.4

Edit: With UMAPINFO, levels show the name "Mapper - Map name" in ports that support the label feature. Doesn't work in GZDoom, but works in DSDA, woodf and maybe other ports.

image.png.cde5a2fb20dc5ef0070f8a01a04ebac2.png

Edited by DoomGappy

hey, whats up with the start of my map (MAP13) in v0.4? thing positions are completely messed up and you cant even start the map without IDCLIP, and even when using it, most monsters and pickups are hard to kill and get, and some monster places are different from the map I submitted. I've included a few images (being run in DSDA-Doom v0.25.6)

start of the map
doom01.png.c14b62df9cf84687e48679fdc37598bc.png

middle of the map
doom02.png.b29cace5b2cfd5871b333822a13d1134.png

21 minutes ago, DoodlesGDX said:

hey, whats up with the start of my map (MAP13) in v0.4? thing positions are completely messed up and you cant even start the map without IDCLIP, and even when using it, most monsters and pickups are hard to kill and get, and some monster places are different from the map I submitted. I've included a few images (being run in DSDA-Doom v0.25.6)

start of the map
doom01.png.c14b62df9cf84687e48679fdc37598bc.png

middle of the map
doom02.png.b29cace5b2cfd5871b333822a13d1134.png

That shouldn't have happened. I'll repack it, one sec.}

Edit: OK, I think it's fine now. I replaced it with the latest version of the map. Tested it in DSDA and seems to be okay. If anyone else finds problems with their maps, let me now. I still haven't done extensive testing in those. 

Edited by DoomGappy

Since we're here, I'm updating the list with information. Here is the link to the google drive again: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12LSz8YX3HFbFIkVoSmVNZthphd58rTtZ?usp=sharing

I'm going to quote all of the mappers who haven't submitted maps even though their status was completed in the previous list. 

Maps already packed in WAD. These are the maps in v0.4. If your map is here, please check it in the WAD for bugs and report them. I'll take a look when I have the time.

MAP01 - RUNNING FROM EVIL - @Scileboi - Completed 

MAP02 - THE HEALER STALKS - @SilverMiner - Completed

MAP03 - COUNTDOWN TO DEATH - Kinatuk - Completed

MAP04 - BETWEEN LEVELS - @Scileboi - Completed

MAP06 - IN THE DARK @Kuro_mahoh - Completed

MAP07 - SHAWN'S GOT THE SHOTGUN @DiR - Completed

MAP08 - THE DAVE D TAYLOR BLUES @Santito2k3 - Completed

MAP10 - THE DEMON'S DEAD @Johnny Cruelty - Completed

MAP11 - SWEET LITTLE DEAD BUNNY @Clippy - Completed
MAP12 - FACING THE SPIDER @Dubbag - Completed

MAP13 - DOOM 2 - @DoodlesGDX - Completed

MAP15 - WALTZ OF THE DEMONS @DootMyRev - Completed 

MAP16 - UNTITLED - @Walter confetti - Completed

MAP17 - THE HEALER STALKS - @GermanPeter - Completed

MAP19 - SUSPENSE - @RastaManGames - Completed

MAP20 - MESSAGE FOR THE ARCHVILE - @MortisCausaDonatio - Completed

MAP22 - THE DAVE D TERRY BLUES @Walter confetti - Completed

MAP24 - IN THE DARK (2) - @GermanPeter - Completed

MAP26 - MESSAGE FOR THE ARCHVILE (2) - @DootMyRev - Completed 

MAP27 - I SAWED THE DEMONS - @sq. Tiramisu - Completed 

MAP29 - AT DOOM 2'S GATE - @JacaCaca - Completed

MAP31 - EVIL INCARNATE - @LoatharMDPhD - Completed

MAP32 - THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE/CONQUEST - @LoatharMDPhD - Completed

Maps to be packed for next version. If your map is here, it will be packed for the next version.

Maps pending. If your name is here, send me a DM with your map if it's finished, or the status of your map. You can quote me below so I can update this list. 

MAP05 - DOOM - @mr-around - Pending

MAP18 - WAITING FOR ROMERO TO PLAY - @Bochnik Chleba - 75% Completed

MAP23 - BYE BYE AMERICAN PIE - @DoomGappy - Pending

MAP25 - ADRIAN'S ASLEEP - @NaZa - Pending (30%)

MAP28 - GETTING TOO TENSE - @Antiquated -  75% layout + combat, 30% decoration

MAP30 - OPENING TO HELL - @Scileboi - Pending

Not taken maps. If someone has taken them, please quote me so I can update them and move them to the previous list.

MAP09 - INTO SANDY'S CITY - Not taken

MAP14 - NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT ID - Not taken

MAP21 - ENDGAME - Not taken

List of next steps:

- Need to add the custom graphics that were posted here, mainly the title and titlepic by @Santito2k3

I'm sorry, again, but my memory sucks, so please quote me if something looks weird or wrong here.

Edited by DoomGappy

1 minute ago, Antiquated said:

@DoomGappy

I did not take opening to hell, I think scileboi did. I have Getting Too Tense

Thanks, Antiquated. Sorry about that, fixed.

2 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Thanks, Antiquated. Sorry about that, fixed.

Thanks! Also, they haven't replied in this thread since, but ThatKidBobo did offer to do map09. Maybe ask them about it if needed.

Edit: They said they can start work on it in 2 weeks since like, the 27th, so they should be starting on it in 1 week?

2 minutes ago, Antiquated said:

Thanks! Also, they haven't replied in this thread since, but ThatKidBobo did offer to do map09. Maybe ask them about it if needed.

Edit: They said they can start work on it in 2 weeks since like, the 27th, so they should be starting on it in 1 week?

Thanks, Antiquated, you're a godsend. I sent him a message, and according to his reply I'll update the list. Let's get this thing done, boiiiiis!

1 hour ago, DoomGappy said:

MAP18 - WAITING FOR ROMERO TO PLAY - @Bochnik Chleba - Completed

Hi DoomGappy, my map is mostly done (75%). I 've been kinda stuck on making one part of the map, so that's probably why it's been taking so long for me, sorry. Anyways I will send some screenies of finished bits:

Spoiler

657155840_2023-11-05(1).png.eeafca1dd38e68144765b9e28a5820f4.png

779855048_2023-11-05(2).png.b4344973234074c00a033c23c2b39d52.png

1414995216_2023-11-05(3).png.e56d831d373989fd16e6c45df536b474.png

14 minutes ago, Bochnik Chleba said:

Hi DoomGappy, my map is mostly done (75%). I 've been kinda stuck on making one part of the map, so that's probably why it's been taking so long for me, sorry. Anyways I will send some screenies of finished bits:

Hide contents

There's absolutely no rush, I've also not even started working on my map due to other projects and stuff. If you need any help with testing that or anything of the sort, you can send me a DM. It's looking really good so far!

Edited by DoomGappy

1 hour ago, Bochnik Chleba said:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks awesome! thanks for sharing

@DoomGappy

Updated main post looks great for the most part, but In The Dark (2) still doesn't say that it's taken, but from DoomGappy's personal tracker it said it was completed by GermanPeter? Is that an error with the main post?

7 minutes ago, Antiquated said:

@DoomGappy

Updated main post looks great for the most part, but In The Dark (2) still doesn't say that it's taken, but from DoomGappy's personal tracker it said it was completed by GermanPeter? Is that an error with the main post?

It is Johnny's post, so I can't edit it all the time. I'm keeping track of things here and mine is more recent. I'll ask him to copy and update my most recent listing in the main post if possible. 

Edit: Just DM'd him. Should be updated soon. Hope we fill the missing slots!

Edited by DoomGappy

5 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

It is Johnny's post, so I can't edit it all the time. I'm keeping track of things here and mine is more recent. I'll ask him to copy and update my most recent listing in the main post if possible.

Yeah of course, just wanted to mention it to make sure I wasn't getting confused.

Yeah of course, just wanted to mention it to make sure I wasn't getting confused.

Sorry if my message sounded harsh, Antiquated. It was not the tone of it at all, but these things tend to get lost in writing as they wouldn't in speaking. I'm a bit tired from all these ordeals, but I'm also fairly happy that they seem to be coming along quite nicely. I'll try to pay attention to my messages better.

MAP28 Progress:

Area 1 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 80% Decoration required: Lots
Area 2 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 99% Decoration required: Decent bit
Area 3 Progress: Layout: 60% Combat: 50% Decoration required: Pretty simple
Area 4 Progress: Layout: 40% Combat: 40% Decoration required: Decent bit
Area 5 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 60% Decoration required: Decent bit

total: 75% layout + combat, 30% decoration.

MAP28 Progress:

Area 1 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 80% Decoration required: Lots
Area 2 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 99% Decoration required: Decent bit
Area 3 Progress: Layout: 60% Combat: 50% Decoration required: Pretty simple
Area 4 Progress: Layout: 40% Combat: 40% Decoration required: Decent bit
Area 5 Progress: Layout: 100% Combat: 60% Decoration required: Decent bit

total: 75% layout + combat, 30% decoration.

Updated in my post for now. Hope to playtest this soon!

On 11/4/2023 at 5:59 AM, Antiquated said:

I like the theming so far, but as a form of constructive criticism, the second room's lighting is pretty flat, which causes the large amount of texture variation to look especially jarring to me. Also, I think that perhaps the ceiling shouldn't be grey rock since the contrast between it and the rest of the room also feels somewhat jarring. Those are just my personal thoughts though, keep at it!

// send me your map, i wanna try her...

I'm now going through all the maps checking to see if all decorations and teleporters are present in all difficulties. It can happen that these things get confused when a mapper is working. If there is any specific decoration in your map that indicates a secret or an item or teleporter that is supposed to exist only in one difficulty, now would be a good time to warn me, though I'll probably understand if that's the case. I think the only one that uses a timed crusher and teleporter is countdown to death. You guys can also reach out to me on discord at doomgappy_1357. I like to check for details with each mapper so things don't end up broken or messy.

Edited by DoomGappy

Hey @DoomGappy when you are making the textfile can you please change my name from SuyaSSS to Kinatuk. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, SuyaSSS said:

Hey @DoomGappy when you are making the textfile can you please change my name from SuyaSSS to Kinatuk. Thanks!

I've just updated the list with the new name. It'll be a while before a full release, but I'll keep it in mind.

Many people have been reporting bugs with the latest versions, as well as what seem to be softlocks and other types of issues. I'll take a look at all of these in the weekend, but I just wanted to thank you guys in the thread for helping with making WAD turn out well. That's what makes a community effort so delightful.

12 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

Screenshot-Doom-20231108-203904.png

@Scileboi the lift doesn't lower further than this [Map04]

That one is intentional! Also had me stumped a bit, but this one is quite a delightful little map. Scileboi's mapping styles is very interesting. Hint: Read the name of the level.

Edit: It should be between levels, not the focus. The hell. Read the song title in that case. Between levels.

Edit 2: This one doesn't work on DSDA. I'm going around and fixing missing tags in doors and lifts so that the project can work on as many ports as possible. Added it to my to do list.

Edited by DoomGappy

5 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

fits well

Screenshot-Doom-20231108-204740.png

UMAPINFO was missing for this level. But wait, are you playing it with the TNT IWAD?