Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lonespacemarine

Hello moblie doomers

Hello guys so I'm new here. Is there any moblie doomers here if yes let's talk about the worst and the best things about playing doom wads in phone 

delta touch is genuinely one of the most convenient ways to play doom and i wish the frontend was ported to pc so i could play on my steam deck, aside from that the dev is a chad

Yeah but the freedoom moblie app is also fine for running zdoom compatible wads and mods but yes the only problem is no multiplayer support cuz gzdoom and the gzdoom file in the app in also quite old so new mods would not work and also forget about total conversions because they ain't gonna work

But yes it can run iwads. Just after downloading that iwads paste it from the download folder in the freedoom/config folder and you can play it without freedoom textures. It can also run old games which were made in the doom engine life strife and heretic (I played the entirety to strife in it)

Screenshot_20230319-211841.png

Lonespacemarine,

I replied to your other post so no need to repeat it here. Delta touch worth every dime, even the non updated Freedoom is still worth the time and effort. So far both surviving not being buried or removed by Google from pressure by Bethesda. Only time will tell if mobile dooming can get even better.

On 9/26/2023 at 5:35 PM, Scottier681 said:

Lonespacemarine,

I replied to your other post so no need to repeat it here. Delta touch worth every dime, even the non updated Freedoom is still worth the time and effort. So far both surviving not being buried or removed by Google from pressure by Bethesda. Only time will tell if mobile dooming can get even better.

I agree, i brought it 

Freedoom would be a good app if the gzdoom wasn't stuck in gzdoom 2.1.1

I once emailed him, he said he just can't update the app somehow. Well the app would be find if it had like the latest version gzdoom and a few old versions, along with a gzdoom version switch 

Well, the failure to update the Freedoom app would be Google's decision. Why? Who knows what "technical" excuse was given, I'm sure with some leaning on by Bethesda and having their own ports buried on the play store had a lot to do with it. I guess if folks weren't happy enough with their ports, just hide them away and try to make sure no one else can make an alternative. 🙄

I have to deal with the iOS port. No wads for me. Just the main game and some add-ons. That’s it. That’s the life I live.

7 hours ago, DiceByte said:

I have to deal with the iOS port. No wads for me. Just the main game and some add-ons. That’s it. That’s the life I live.

That port is garbage in general, not just the Mobile version, but it doesn't even support the Boom format.

To make a wad work there you have to put all the IWAD of the wad you want into the PWAD and change the name to "doom" and replace it with the existing one

9 hours ago, Downcologo one said:

That port is garbage in general, not just the Mobile version, but it doesn't even support the Boom format.

To make a wad work there you have to put all the IWAD of the wad you want into the PWAD and change the name to "doom" and replace it with the existing one

That sucks, but it is what it is

7 hours ago, DiceByte said:

That sucks, but it is what it is

Try to hack Delta touch, I don't recommend playing doom on a cell phone.

Delta touch has Woof?

I've been playing Doom on an android based handheld retro emulator and the Freedoom app is excellent once you map the controls to physical buttons.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:52 PM, Downcologo one said:

Try to hack Delta touch, I don't recommend playing doom on a cell phone.

Delta touch has Woof?

The fuck is delta touch? I use an apple iPad and iPhone. They are hard to mod.

I have not tried Delta Touch, but it looks VERY VERY promising with so many engines to play around with. 

Freedoom is great to play once you turn off freelook and fix the touchscreen controls (or with a controller). Its a massive shame that it's not being updated anymore. I even play some wads on it occasionally.

7 hours ago, IHave10Shells said:

I have not tried Delta Touch, but it looks VERY VERY promising with so many engines to play around with. 

Freedoom is great to play once you turn off freelook and fix the touchscreen controls (or with a controller). Its a massive shame that it's not being updated anymore. I even play some wads on it occasionally.

I brought delta touch and it sure is promising

I've been trying to play Doom on the Steam Deck without subjecting myself to the Bethesda port. I got gzdoom running in desktop mode and I can play Doom, Doom 2 and Freedoom just fine but I can't figure out how to play PWADs. 

Doom on mobile? well, there is mighty doom, and one time i looked up doom free online mobile and i found one with mobile controls - it was painful

Posted (edited)

I play the Bethesda port on iOS and I honestly have no idea why people hate it so much. A Bethesda net account isn’t required, sound pitching can be turned off, there’s a pretty solid list of addons, you almost never notice the green healthpacks or the missing Nazi symbols, and it plays identical to the original. Also  the master levels, final doom, sigil, and no rest for the living come with doom 2. Only major downside is the very small buttons.

oh yeah forgot to mention that the sound pitching doesn’t sound like the BFG edition’s sound pitching 

Edited by ALilGrayBoi

Simply put, you were not there when all the fuss is happening. When it came out, the Unity port is super bad and I got to play it in its hideous glory on my newly-bought Switch Lite. The intrusive beth-net account, no addons and all that crap was all there. It took until much complaining that the logins were made less intrusive and the massive addon update made the port actually good.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:07 AM, ZeroTheEro said:

Simply put, you were not there when all the fuss is happening. When it came out, the Unity port is super bad and I got to play it in its hideous glory on my newly-bought Switch Lite. The intrusive beth-net account, no addons and all that crap was all there. It took until much complaining that the logins were made less intrusive and the massive addon update made the port actually good.

The unity port needs massive changes like custom addon support, freelook and other stuff. Better and customisable controls are a also i thing that needs to be added in the port. if these things are not taken into question, then it's a decent vannila port

Most of the stuff you listed is pretty much out of the scope of vanilla coding tbh. Underneath all the Unity exterior, the interior is pretty much still Doom's code. Best it can do is DEHACKED and limit removing, but I'd still agree for customizable controls.