Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catfoolyou

[Community Project] - Wolfhound Release v1.1

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Congrats for the release! A map list of "who made what" Is much more appreciated imo

I agree. And there also isn't any indication that secret maps exist in either the .txt file or any part of the post.

I am having problems getting this to run properly on anything other than GZDoom.  Woof!, Nugget and DSDA Doom show garbled graphics when I start a game  Eternity shows chequerboard textures and Crispy just doesn't load (no error or anything).  Is this user error?  If so, what are the loading instructions?  I've tried drag and drop and initially I tried Doomrunner.  Cheers for any guidance.

EDIT:  To clarify, I am loading up the two extra files that are included along with the actual pWAD.

This works fine for me on Crispy Doom just dragging the files (minus the -deh patch) onto the exe. Playthrough of MAP01-04:

Its pretty good! Definitely has an air of 90s partial conversions and also reminds me of newer stuff like Rowdy Rudy. Some nice map geometry on display and solid MIDI choices. I noticed some misaligned textures, mainly switches. Would be cool to see mapper credits though! Will return to this soon.

What's the commandline sequence for this? Because on Eternity it's either crashing on startup no matter what the order of wads or showing lack of textures glitch if I try use -merge.

image.png.4b8bbe4c9b6e9cc2721274e43f3064e8.png

Please compile everything into one wad, splitting it into multiple required files is not very cool and problematic for the player. Otherwise it looks interesting. But so far it's unplayable for me.

Ok, Descent into Cerberon was an excellent choice, not to mention that map being a visual tour de force of the wad anyway!

23 hours ago, Average said:

I am having problems getting this to run properly on anything other than GZDoom.  Woof!, Nugget and DSDA Doom show garbled graphics when I start a game  Eternity shows chequerboard textures and Crispy just doesn't load (no error or anything).  Is this user error?  If so, what are the loading instructions?  I've tried drag and drop and initially I tried Doomrunner.  Cheers for any guidance.

EDIT:  To clarify, I am loading up the two extra files that are included along with the actual pWAD.

crispy-doom -iwad Doom2.WAD -file Wolfhound-doom2.wad WolfRecources2.wad d1gfxd2.wad works fine for me. Maybe you have an older version?

@CatFoolYou: Loving it so far - really good as far as I'm concerned. Only one small issue so far: Map 6 has some texture issue in the area where the blue keycard is located. At the bottom of the area, to the right of the lift, some of the textures have gone missing. Not giving you grief - that's the last thing I wanna do ... I just play doom mods, and love the fact people can do this and I can't!

Please keep modding - I love this stuff!

Cheers!

missing_textures.jpg

It seems you accidentally included Doom2 IWAD and an older backup of Wolfhound-doom2.wad in the zip file.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, LadyMistDragon said:

Ok, Descent into Cerberon was an excellent choice, not to mention that map being a visual tour de force of the wad anyway!

Very nice 👌 

19 hours ago, NovaRain said:

It seems you accidentally included Doom2 IWAD and an older backup of Wolfhound-doom2.wad in the zip file.

Fixed.

20 hours ago, Night Crawler said:

@CatFoolYou: Loving it so far - really good as far as I'm concerned. Only one small issue so far: Map 6 has some texture issue in the area where the blue keycard is located. At the bottom of the area, to the right of the lift, some of the textures have gone missing. Not giving you grief - that's the last thing I wanna do ... I just play doom mods, and love the fact people can do this and I can't!

Please keep modding - I love this stuff!

Cheers!

missing_textures.jpg

Will definitely patch in the next update.