Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[Release] Broadsword Jim Saves Christmas

When I was extracting the zip through 7-Zip 22.01, I noticed there's headers errors for BroadXmas.pk3 & BroadXmas.txt.179051183_Screenshot2023-12-24204205.png.3fe0d33c72e88f5b4345c4dae8bc51d9.png

I just told myself a few days ago that it's been a hot minute since I've played a Jimmy map.

Excited to try this one out.

22 hours ago, S3M_XM said:

When I was extracting the zip through 7-Zip 22.01, I noticed there's headers errors for BroadXmas.pk3 & BroadXmas.txt.

I also get an error using the unzip command on my computer: "file #3:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  22495107"

BroadXmas.txt fails to extract but the others seem to come out fine.

Just finished playing this, was a lot of fun! Cool weapon mod too, hadn't heard of it before this. Only real trouble I had was that I got stuck for a while in the part where the power gets cut.

Spoiler

Took me embarrassingly long to realize you're supposed to blow up the doors with cracks in them, guess it's been too long since I've played The Adventures of Square.

Damn it! James Paddock has released a Level for the "Broadsword Jim" Mod! I thought only DrPyspy could do this (Baphomet's Entryway). You surprised me!

If you consider that this is also a Birthday Gift for Baratus, then this is an awesome Cool Gift! Yes, only One Level, but WHAT a Level! It makes full use of all the features of the Mod.

And these Cutscenes in the spirit of "Winter's Fury"... Damn, you and Baratus need to create a Collection of Maps for "Broadsword Jim" with a Funny Plot! I even recommended this job HERE.

I've never heard of Broadsword Jim before, but I had a fun time with it through your wad. I could see more maps with the Broadsword Jim mod.

3 hours ago, S3M_XM said:

I've never heard of Broadsword Jim before, but I had a fun time with it through your wad. I could see more maps with the Broadsword Jim mod.

In fact, I hadn't heard of this Mod before either, until I started diving into DOOM Projects completely. But when I found out about the Baratus Mods, I consider "Broadsword Jim" to be the Best Mod of all the Works that this Creator has created.

And it's more insulting that he wasn't noticed. Maybe it's just because "GMOTA" from Combine_Kegan came out. Although now that Mod is waiting for a Rework. Although "Broadsword Jim" also made a Rework...

But "Broadsword Jim", as for me, is worthy of a separate Collection of Maps, since it is problematic to make MEGAWAD under "GMOTA" (Yes, the point? It fits well with Any WAD's).

Edited by Blacklight

This wad is great, it features a new boss encounter that tests players' skills to the limit, set in a moody, atmospheric environment with highly detailed structures

But for realies, good stuff Jom Ribbiks (and happy late birth Marian!)

Would you ever consider releasing an AoS texture pack that can be used with any map (or at least most)? They're some of my favorite textures ever and look great on everything.