Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Exit Switches and Toxic Waste

I've never seen these mentioned, maybe I've missed them, but how does everyone feel about flipping exit switches and wading through toxic waste. I haven't actually noticed either of them in any of the movies. IMO, these are two features that made Doom, Doom. I'm sure they can be cleverly incorporated into the new game somehow. Exploding barrels would also make that list, but it seems inconceivable they would leave them out.

We've seen barrels with warning signs on them... unthinkable that those wouldn't explode when shot at.

You can forget about exit switches. Doom 3's levels are going to be flowing into one another a la Half Life.

The_Aeromaster said:

I can live without the exit switches... they're classic, but I think this game needs to be more flowing.

We need waste though.

yup we deffinatly need the toxic waste back in it gave the game a great feel, like what the hell am I doing in this shithole.... could it get any worse?.

I guess there will be waste, a lot of it, whole tunnels of deadly green toxic slims. And we all will die in it once.

In the video at the cool scene where he tosses a grenade at the chainsaw zombie, you notice 2 or 3 barrels behing him as you turn around. They gotta be combustable.

Toxic slime and waste is a must. I am dying to see what id has done with liquids in this game. We haven't seen any yet but to pull doom off and to pull hell off successfully, we will need good slime/blood
I know there was like lava/slime/ooze/bio matter in the originals but I wonder if they do get some cool looking liquid effects going, will they put in large bodies of flowing blood??? That would be cool. Kinda like in the Shining when the cooridoor fills up.

I also wonder if they will put in some creatures that live in the slime, Imagine crossing a long bridge-over-slime type structure only to see up ahead something resembling the birdman climbing out, dripping with waste and turning around with yellow glowing eyes and smiling at you, just before pouncing forward to kick the living snot
out of you....hmmmm dammit, need this game.