Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Kama Sutra Demopack [Released!]

Richie:
I exited map14 in 9:42 on a first try so I i'll send it to you to beat, no doubt that 7mins shouldn't be so hard here (keyboarder or mouser, in that map it's everything about rocketing and dodging)
Anima:
If I remember well, some time ago, Method had a 0:26 speed for map21, that one looked very nice!
Map28.. Angus said he will do it so I trust him :)

Gusta said:
If I remember well, some time ago, Method had a 0:26 speed for map21, that one looked very nice!

Until you find that demo (or, if that one de-syncs with the final version), this 0:27 might be used as a placeholder..? :-)

Improved Map28 NM Speed to 0:10 (also pacifist). Recorded with doom2.exe (first demo with this after a looong time, which means no sound, but it doesn't matter on such a short run).

Searcher said:

Radek's 09 max demo desyncs on my machine, does it for anyone else? I have tried almost every port I own to run it. No Joy.

Same here :(

Probably I'll delete Radeg's demo, seems it don't working anywhere..
I don't know that Method have :26, but my time is :27 - by the way, FatalDoom sent me before a moment :31 with nice 'it's pretty lame' comment :)

And yet another 3rd episode level is downed by me...map23 UV-Max in 10:33. I pretty much came with a route on the go, so the time can probably be improved a fair deal. Oh, and you get a crash course in what not to do with a rocket launcher ^_^. Sending to Ops now.

... and with some Cyberdemon cooperation: Map28 UV Pacifist in 0:11.
With more luck UV Speed time possible, but now I'm tired of doing this RJ for hours and hours and hours.

Gusta said:

Richie:
I exited map14 in 9:42 on a first try so I i'll send it to you to beat, no doubt that 7mins shouldn't be so hard here (keyboarder or mouser, in that map it's everything about rocketing and dodging)

SWEET! I'll watch it as soon as I get home. Then I'll take a whack at an improvement! Can't wait to see this one!

today's demo #4: Map28 NM100S improved to 0:45
#5: Map06 UV Speed improved to 0:09
#6: Map06 NM Speed in 0:12

EDIT:
#7: Map21 NM Speed in 0:30
#8: Map21 UV Speed improved to 0:28
I'm not very happy with these, but it's time to go to bed.

Oops, posted in the thread in the Wads and Mods section on accident. Just redid map14, time is 8:45. Sending it to Ops and Gusta now.

Another rather obvious intentional shortcut for those interested... the archvile near the start of map13 can enter the teleport that's placed behind him, which leads him to a ledge overlooking the helipad (the exit).

Just wondering: has anyone found any shortcuts yet that weren't deliberately allowed by Gusta and Method?

Anyway, here's a crap UV Speed/Pacifist on map10 in 0:07. That's a full 4 seconds slower than my NM on this map, but I'll be damned if I can get the same method to work (or the method I use here to work faster than this).

ragnew said:

Oops, posted in the thread in the Wads and Mods section on accident.

No problem - splatted.

Hmmm I did map14 in 8:47, nearly uploaded... thanks Rich for nice competition, I think we'll do 7 mins soon here :)

For map03 I did a 1:34 max, but it's lame so I will try to improve the time.. but people this map is hell on quick max, I really don't have any luck with it.

Grazza: Not yet, and many shortcuts remains :) Even your AV+RJ trick in map3 was originally the trick I made this map for (even I never performed it myself). The main Rocket Jump was later found by Method.

Heh, I tried to improve my UV-Max for map23 just a while ago...and did, by 1 measly second (10:32). Not worth sending since it just looks ugly all around.

OTOH, I'd like to see someone bring the time on this map under 10 mins. It shouldn't be tough at all to achieve, so get to it please :).

dobberman said:

No, it isn't...

The file is there and the link Opulent gave works. However, on your site, the link given is to the wrong file (kc04nm002).

Gusta said:

Hmmm I did map14 in 8:47, nearly uploaded... thanks Rich for nice competition, I think we'll do 7 mins soon here :)

For map03 I did a 1:34 max, but it's lame so I will try to improve the time.. but people this map is hell on quick max, I really don't have any luck with it.

That was a great demo Gusta! Hehe, I tried a few more runs on it last night, but the only "good" time I got was 8:49. For some reason, the monsters wouldn't "sit there" and let me kill'em, and the Spider Mastermind didn't go quietly either (imagine that).

Also, I didn't send a txt file with that last map14 demo, it was recorded in Prboom 2.2.6 complevel 0 again.

SWEET map23 demo Anima, definitely a bit of a monster mash in there isn't it... :)

ragnew said:

SWEET map23 demo Anima, definitely a bit of a monster mash in there isn't it... :)

Yeah it is. And rocketing myself in the face was sure good :P.

BTW, that map14 demo was very good. Under 7 mins??? Wow, that's gonna be sweet if that happens! I have a couple ideas for improving the time...not sure if you're aware of them, but here they are:

A. Skip the Green Armor and Backpack in the very beginning. Doesn't seem to make much sense to get those 2 items when the backpack and a Megaarmor come up quickly after that, assuming the route will stay the same.

B. Leaving the first group of revs you fight for the cyber that teleports up there to deal with later on. Not sure if this would be a good idea or not, depending on how annoying they'd be while you're doing other things in the map (Or if they would slow the teleportation of other monsters on the map).

And that's all I can think of right now. There might be more improvements from there, but who knows :)? Good luck on improving it even further!

And now, another UV-Max demo from me...this time for map19. Time is 10:29. I'd try to improve it some more, but this was the only exit I got after...82 attempts (1st Cyber...I don't like him >_<!).

Sending to Ops now.

Cool cool! Thanks for the help Anima. I just sat down and did yet another map14 maxdemo, we're getting closer to the 7 minute mark, this one is 7:38.

I think it order to get below 7 mins, we're going to have to have a lot of luck as far as the infights are concerned. Man, oh man, that 38 seconds feels like an eternity... :)

Well, sent the demo off to Ops.