Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

I guess I get what the problem is with my map. Most likely SSG shots don't spread vertically on Boom-esque ports, just from the Z-engine on.

Is it a possible option that:
1. either I make a correction patch and send it to Lingyan203;
2. or he will play and record the level on ZDoom with a warning that it is necessary because of that one secret?

It's up to you. Also, map 16 it's not possible to get the yellow key without cheats. Also, the door to the crusher with the arachnotron, you can't open that door from the other side.

Louigi Verona said:

MAP04 is gorgeous. I played it several times in a row today. I also just love its layout. A great setting! Amazing!

I'm a bit late, but thank you :)

Can map29 be finished without cheating? It appears that the teleporter where you get teleported to where all the chaingunners in the south end of the room with the red key has an exit teleporter that cannot be reached without the noclip cheat. The lift that is supposed to lower to get out of that room cannot be lowered, making the exit teleporter unreachable without cheating.

Also, map30 has some lifts that don't work in PrBoom+, which prevents progressing through the level impossible without IDCLIP.

Map29: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbE0JBrj2U @55:26
Map30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExphtp9Fv4 @11:41 and @13:42

Hey, i never thought i would touch map 30 again, but here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?s9kznj2p4rfbjrg

Nice catch and my apologies for the broken lifts, i fell once again victim of the zdoomism of using a zero-tag elevator.

EDIT: You are a darn meticulus guy, when i build up map 22 and map30 i never thought to see someone actually trying to uv-max them, i can imagine it was really tedious to do.

Cacowad, I too try to get 100% kills/secrets whenever possible, and your maps are very max-unfriendly to me with all that space.

This update was a long time coming. I had to fix the bug with the inescapable blood that you can so easily fall into, plus I made the encounters much easier on all difficulties. Finally the BFG finally appears in the final courtyard in UV (which it was supposed to but I had an oversight).

(not sure if either of our updates will end up on the idgames link though)

@Cacowad, it's okay, no worries. Thanks for the fix. Also, map22 has a secret that cannot be tagged, making only 83% secrets possible.
@Getsu Fune, I had that same problem in map18 when I tried to play this I fell in and was like how do I get out in my earlier attempts at that map

Cacowad said:

EDIT: You are a darn meticulus guy, when i build up map 22 and map30 i never thought to see someone actually trying to uv-max them, i can imagine it was really tedious to do.

Oh well, I tried it in late 2012, when I just spent about 50 minutes sniping all the Imps off the high pillars.

Eh,today i'll never do something like those two. Now i see them more as a bet (how much i can strecth 5 rooms?) than anything else.

Forgive the bump but is there any reason why the first version of my map was included and not the latest? I saw Lingyan's playthough of this before and I am pretty certain that the last room had two cybers in order to prevent in-fighting.