Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

[waiting] bloody rust.

Layout, bottom right (square acid room) room is about to undergo drastic change. Nothing is totally finished. Haven't even started to mess with big shit on left.

Texturing not finished, just figuring out what I want.

Texturing going to change, with possible architectural changes.

I do not know why the map looks familiar, but the second screen-shot looks great ! The map overview looks interesting too, and everything is moody and on theme, while ignoring the third W.I.P. screen-shot. :)

Everybody is taking his or her time as it should be for this wad. It is something somebody chooses to do, or quits doing. I even try to avoid the act of bumping this thread, lol.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

@FireFish; I'm making progress all I have left is implementing difficulty.

Nice ! take your time.

So it's called bloody rust and yet all I see in the screenshots is rust but no blood.

To Kill a Mockinbird didn't have any mockingbirds, I'm going to write Harper Lee an angry letter.

There are bloody monster corpses in my shots.

WIP layout shit

Because I love small maps.

This was meant for another project at first, but it wasn't really meeting the criteria for that so I converted it.

EDIT: couple in-game shots:

@AD_79: Looks good. I think MODWALL stands out as slightly ugly compared to the rest of the scene (although not that badly), and I'd definitely replace that SUPPORT3 up inside the ceiling window.

scifista42 said:

@AD_79: Looks good. I think MODWALL stands out as slightly ugly compared to the rest of the scene (although not that badly), and I'd definitely replace that SUPPORT3 up inside the ceiling window.

Yeah, I forgot to change the support3 up there before i took those screenshots. I'm probably going to keep the modwall though (at least most of it), I kinda like it.

Hopefully it fits the wad.

link removed

Was a map I made years ago, lost and had to rebuild some areas and remove cc4 textures.

Might need adjustments, all difficulty/multiplayer starts are implemented.

Spoiler

Looks nice, AD and Du Mhan Yhu. I'm jealous about making a working layout and do the detailing stuff later.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

Hopefully it fits the wad.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gd1apfuqqifz3ho

Was a map I made years ago, lost and had to rebuild some areas and remove cc4 textures.

Might need adjustments, all difficulty/multiplayer starts are implemented.

I certainly looks ok, but i am currently struggling my my trough the bare start of the map, lol.

Du Mhan Yhu, I think your map isn't OK. Here is my FDA recorded with -complevel 2 (vanilla combatibility), I've encountered illusio pits in nukage that never raised, and I've ended up stuck inside the plasmagun room. I also didn't like the start position, looking into a wall and away from the active monsters. Also the cage with archviles, they were skippable way too easily, specially for their "high rank" in the bestiary.

I'll address the bare start and rework the viles and other issues.

Edit:I forgot to move player 1 back to spawn, testing....

I'll have a fix soon.

Does anybody have a layout to post, or anything to mention ?
this is a chill and take your time hobby thing but it feels kind of dead now.

I've had a couple false starts that I've scrapped, finally on to something I like, but yeah going hella slow.

I'm slowly making progress, being in the Army takes much of my time though. I'll have a finished/polished map in the coming days.

No problem Vorpal and DU MHAN YHU, i just wanted to see a sign of life to know if this thing was still brewing. :)

Now, shake that booty, and lets all fly. *cough*

because it is an alpha and i barely pm - SPOILERS for the alpha map03;

played it until i died 2 times when the rev's appear, the monsters teleport in, the chaingunners where behind the corner, and whatnot. The level itself looked nice up to the point i have seen, rusty base with an environment around it, nukage, lighting, etc.

1 - the starting location ;
you can run over to the borders on the left and right, so i could see a wrong flat on the small crate its top.

The stairs on that same starting location visually look nice. :)
But in the corners towards the platform the player wants to stick to that spot so it jitters when the player tries to unstick / collision detection. the stairs have a hole behind them between the starting location platform and the steps.

Thanks for feedback. Yea that area's unfinished, and I forgot to warn that maybe play it on easier difficulties until gameplay is finished, the two revs ambush is a bit brutal at the moment. Along with a few other parts.

No problem, chill and do whenever you want lol. no pressure, if people want pressure then they need to do this as a living for a company.

Whooooot ! 2600+ views.

I would kindly like to ask for some information about any type of progress made by mappers with a slot but no additional posts in this topic.

Flesh 420, Du Mhan Yhu, AD_79 , you all have a bussy life and have shown something to go on so please ignore this.

DoomKid, Superluigieth1, walter confalonieri, General Rainbow Bacon, if any of you are still interested kindly show a sign of life (not maps, take your time.) this way i could at least know if any slot needs to be changed.

Sign of life
http://i.imgur.com/O9oGaBl.png

I really only get about 15 useful minutes a day on mapping lately, mainly for (lack of) focus. I'm serious about carrying on with this, I'm thinking/planning stuff for it every day, life will eventually get less chaotic at some point I'm sure and I'll be poised to speed things up.

edit: I'm shooting for vanilla for now, btw, to keep things from spiraling into complexity.

Here's map03. Misaligned textures abundant, but allot aligned too. Probably beta, game-play finished but will be tweaked for progression after map02 is posted. DM and Coop compatible, all difficulties implemented for pistol start and UV designed challenging, hopefully, but not stupid hard or slaughterfestish. Only small (and test) fixes here and there, a few tweaks, and it'll be 100% done. I kinda feel it's not "rusty" enough, it was inspired by D3 though. And I still need to fix your first finds, FireFish, but gameplay is ready for testing.

Beta2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j6q3zq3k5kxdr9/Map03.wad?dl=0

Oops, this slipped my mind after the system on my PC crashed / corruption on the file system. I will play it soon and update the wad.