Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

I demand...

qauake3 said:

If I do not hear any of the of the old tunes in one form or another, that is not a Doom game I'm playing!

Hm, if you'd been a Wolf3d freak like me, you'd have been pissed off about RtCW.
RtCW did not have a single of the old tunes in it.
I don't expect ANY of the old tunes to return and I think it's ridiculous to hope for any of the old tunes to return as these wouldn't fit the new mood all that well - even the most sinister of Doom 1's tracks are too cheesy for the new game.

One thing that I demand (apart from other details that I wont post because you'd call me "crazy" or "stupid"): That you can save a game the same way as in the older id games (press F2 to call up the savegame menu, press F3 to load saved game). If Doom 3 has that same horrible savegame system as RtCW (press F5 for quicksave and F9 to load, exit to main menu and enter savegame menu to save to a specified file and go through a similar procedure to load a specific savegame file), I'll be pissed - that system downright sucks.

dsm said:

Hm, if you'd been a Wolf3d freak like me, you'd have been pissed off about RtCW.
RtCW did not have a single of the old tunes in it.
I don't expect ANY of the old tunes to return and I think it's ridiculous to hope for any of the old tunes to return as these wouldn't fit the new mood all that well - even the most sinister of Doom 1's tracks are too cheesy for the new game.

That's a lie! E1M5 would fit perfectly! A more dark and sinister tune does not excist. And how about E1M7? E1M8? Moody as hell, and not cheesy at all. For nostalgia value I must demand that they put in E2M1. How can a lousy midi file sound so good? Probably nostalgia..

Remember, I said in one form or another, so it wouldn't have to be a remix, but discretely put into the game music.. (God damnit, I want TUUNES when I play! That's what made the original Doom games soo good, and Quake so lousy (in terms of sound).)

PS: I was a tad disappointed with the music part of RtCW too..

FlatHead said:

Yeah the naked guy tied down to the burning pentagram was probably the coolest thing in the leaked video.

I read somewhere in one of those Gamespot-interviews that the pentagram-kind of stuff will be back for Doom III. I'm a little lazy, so look it up yourself people :)

Disorder said:

I read somewhere in one of those Gamespot-interviews that the pentagram-kind of stuff will be back for Doom III.

Of course it will be. There's a big fiery pentagram thing in the leaked video, remember ?

Ultimate Demon said:

Why do they make you scared?

He's joking (or trolling) as usual.

GS-1719 said:

There should definitely be pentagrams, but only on the Hell levels.

Why? Though I generally agree that the tech base levels should not be plastered in diabolic imagery a few pentacles hidden in the nooks and crannies would be cool.

One of the really cool things about Doom E1 was discovering that all that gate "technology" really was dark magic shrouded in weird machinery.

I have always believed that the Phobos/Deimos gate was magical from the very start.

Little Faith said:

I have always believed that the Phobos/Deimos gate was magical from the very start.

I always supposed the fabric of reality is so unstable in the proximity of the gates that both dimensions merged together.

Zaldron said:

I always supposed the fabric of reality is so unstable in the proximity of the gates that both dimensions merged together.

I had a similar idea.

Hmmm, o/t but I wonder who the voice is commanding the scientist not to worry about the stabilization field?

I think that it's either one hell of a demon (demon ruler? Does that even make sense?) or more likely, the Devil himself.

Hopefully, whatever that voice is, I hope that it'll take more strategy to take down than merely strafing left and right shooting,

Zaldron said:

hmm, yeah. That would explain why the whole damn moon is suddenly floating in another dimention.

Doom has no story.. pfffFFFFffft! You have to figure it out yourself. Fucking brilliant :)

DiSTuRBeD said:

Doom has no story.. pfffFFFFffft! You have to figure it out yourself. Fucking brilliant :)

Pfft. True doomers know the story by instinct. It cannot be explained... it just is.

Livo said:

Hmmm, o/t but I wonder who the voice is commanding the scientist not to worry about the stabilization field?

I think that it's either one hell of a demon (demon ruler? Does that even make sense?) or more likely, the Devil himself.

Hopefully, whatever that voice is, I hope that it'll take more strategy to take down than merely strafing left and right shooting,

Why would it be a demon? I think the new story is too complex for such a simple solution. It'll more likely be some cold-hearted UAC guy with a hidden agenda or something. Maybe a guy who was in brief contact with Hell and got "possessed"/"manipulated" indirectly (not like the possessed soldiers).

Fredrik said:

Pfft. True doomers know the story by instinct. It cannot be explained... it just is.

Young man! Are you pffting AT me or WITH me? :P

Fredrik said:

Both at once. :P

Thaets impossabal! Yuo have t3h evile plans! Reveal them at once!

DiSTuRBeD said:

Thaets impossabal! Yuo have t3h evile plans! Reveal them at once!

I intend to take over the word.

DiSTuRBeD said:

Young man! Are you pffting AT me or WITH me? :P

Well, I dunno if he's pfffting AT you or WITH you, but I'm pfffting AT you, pffft!
Why? Because you had the ignorance to say that "Doom has no story" - 'cause it has, just not as advanced as in some other games.

dsm said:

just not as advanced as in some other games.

You're wrong. I thought I knew you better.

DOOM's story is perfect. The advanceness flows from its simplicity.

dsm said:

Well, I dunno if he's pfffting AT you or WITH you, but I'm pfffting AT you, pffft!
Why? Because you had the ignorance to say that "Doom has no story" - 'cause it has, just not as advanced as in some other games.

Actually, i was pffting at the common claim among gamers that doom has no story. Dooms story implementation is a work of art IMO, superior to halflife. Doom is mysterious, you gotta do some detective work. Looking at the maps and reading the texts will reaveal it :)

DiSTuRBeD said:

Actually, i was pffting at the common claim among gamers that doom has no story. Dooms story implementation is a work of art IMO, superior to halflife. Doom is mysterious, you gotta do some detective work. Looking at the maps and reading the texts will reaveal it :)

Oh sorry, NOW I understand your other post further above :-)
Yeah, Doom has a brilliant story all right.