Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyman

My vision of doom3

Guest tonyman

First for system requirements. The footage shows your going to need a DAMN fast computer to run this game.(Well at least with all the graphics turned up). I have a 560Mhz PIII 256MB ram Geforce2 Ultra. Hopefully it will be playable without it looking like total shit.

I don't see why everyone wants 100's of stupid monsters to kill. Doom2 was fun because of the lack of other 3d games. If half-life existed when doom was out and the graphics were of equal quality I would still pick half-life over doom2 because it's just a more involving game. AI is good, 1v1 with a monster is good, exploring a leve without a constant barrage of enemies is good. I would rather be walking down a dark hallway fearing for my virtual life (damn I sound really lame now) than knowing that there are probably going to be 20 monsters around the next corner.
I really hope id tries to make the game really scary. I would like to see dark shadowy environments with fucked up things happening around you. Like in that video where that zombie thing gets up off the ground, that really adds to the mood. I really think id will make a great game deserving of the name doom. I can tell by what I've seen that this game will be best when it finally reaches the store chelves. They just need to make it long enough(so you can't beat it in 3 days), and involving enough.

Guest PFCGray

"Shelves" not "Chelves"

Goddamn, it HAS been a long time since a non-rpg game took me longer than 3 days to beat!

tonyman said:

I don't see why everyone wants 100's of stupid monsters to kill.

BECAUSE WE ARE ALL BLOODTHIRSTY MOTHERFUCKERS WHOSE ONLY SATISFACTION COMES FROM SPENDING HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS KILLING AND KILLING AND KILLING AND BLASTING ANY AND EVERY LIVING CREATURE TO BITS AND PIECES AND SEVERING LIMBS WITH CHAINSAWS AND CUTTING OUT INTESTINES AND ENTRAILS AND BATHING IN THE CESSPOOL OF GUTS AND GORE AND MAGGOT-INFESTED CORPSES WE'VE CREATED!!!1

C'mon, it's just fun. Settle down a bit, I'd think you were gonna go on a killing spree or something.

deadnail said:

Goddamn, it HAS been a long time since a non-rpg game took me longer than 3 days to beat!

Damn right. I miss the old days when games absorbed more time of your life than the whole downloading patches/mods scheme.

Guest Dark_Fox

Upgrade you lamer..
I have a 800mhz Anthlon..
Thats the minium so toughen up..

Lüt said:

Man you really ARE crazy.

You think he Crazy??
No No No.........Me Crazier!

PII 350.
112 MB RAM
Nvidia Riva TNT2

Need any more proof?

<Seriously need an Upgrade, don't I? Heh Heh>
<<Any One Care To Lend Me $750 US. ($1,500 Aus)>>
<<<Literally>>>

That system is pants now. The industry's current recommended minimum PC spec is something like a P3-800, 128 megs RAM and a GeForce 2 MX (which is, incidentally, roughly the rumoured minimum spec for Doom 3).

Seeing as Doom 3 won't be around until at least next year (yeah, I know some people are saying Christmas this year, but that's way too early), it will be even higher.

I'm currently running an P3-700, 384 megs RAM and a Voodoo 3. I _know_ I'm gonna have to upgrade...

Guest JudgeDooM

I hope it will run fine on this config:
-Pentium III 800/133
-320 megs SDRAM
-3D Blaster GeForce 2 GTS

Guest Hell Crusader

I think the fun part of doom is killing hundreds of enemies,
so I really hope doom3 doesn't turn into game such as halflife

Guest Dark_Fox

Thats old, the days of being thrown in a room full of retarded AI creatures is over, there will be good number, 3 to 4 per room is what Zaldron has said. that decent.. I perfer smart, deadly enemies over a swarm of stupid ones.

Guest UAC stockholder

Some people just miss the whole point of doom. Doom is superior because it is a more realistic simulator of real combat. in real
life, you would not spend time in a gunfight looking up or down,
or jumping or any of that bull. Doom is suppose to test your reflexes, and your instinct, not cooranation. I play doom because the only thing that gives me a REAL ADRINELIN RUSH, is running awawy from a reverent's homing missile. Thats why I hate DooM levels that start you off with hundreds of bullets and every weapon under the sun. I Don't play action games so i can activate computers and talk to scientists and security guards.

deadnail said:

Yeah, I bought Gunman Chronicles and played it in a day! Damn it was over before it got really even started...

No see, you don't understand. The reason all of us still play DooM is because a better game hasn't come out yet. Now the game you(and everybody that can't handle 20 monsters per room)seem to wan't is another Quake because that's what you just asked for. Tha creators of DooM(id, for you newbies)are trying to make an engine that can handle 10+ monsters per room. Yes, that is actually one of their goals.

That's funny......my system has those specs but instead of a GeForce2-Ultra, it has a VooDoo5.
Why don't you go play Half-Life, and leave us DooMers alone?