Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Deatchmatch and Arcade Mode Live Stream Annoucement

NodEliteX5 said:

There is a "multiplayer" version of Final Fantasy XV it's called Final Fantasy 14 reborn.

And it's an MMO. Even if it weren't, you're comparing bricks and oranges. A JRPG is not an FPS and the audiences expect different things from them because they are different genres. Multiplayer JRPGs are a rare exception and not the norm.

Jaxxoon R said:

And it's an MMO. Even if it weren't, you're comparing bricks and oranges. A JRPG is not an FPS and the audiences expect different things from them because they are different genres. Multiplayer JRPGs are a rare exception and not the norm.

Ever heard of the phrase "tacked on multiplayer"? Resident Evil wasn't known for having multiplayer and yet it was tacked on anyways because of today's new generation of spoiled gamers. Same thing for goes for other games that weren't known for having multiplayer forced in like ninja gaiden, God of war, Dead space, Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted.

I don't see how that helps your argument against the multiplayer. It seems to instead reinforce the idea that Doom needed multiplayer if people will simply complain when it's not there, in addition to the fact that it's been in the series since the beginning.

And again, JRPGs are a niche genre, especially compared to shooters. And what one market wants is usually different from the others want. Quake fans for the most part would absolutely despise having Vocaloid music in the next game, for example.

Jaxxoon R said:

I don't see how that helps your argument against the multiplayer. It seems to instead reinforce the idea that Doom needed multiplayer if people will simply complain when it's not there, in addition to the fact that it's been in the series since the beginning.

And again, JRPGs are a niche genre, especially compared to shooters. And what one market wants is usually different from the others want. Quake fans for the most part would absolutely despise having Vocaloid music in the next game, for example.

How so? when I clearly insulted the new gen gamers, also since when were games like Resident Evil, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and Metal Gear JRPGs? And it does help my argument because these games were fine without the multiplayer and didn't need it to be good, as for DOOM's multiplayer from the original games it was just simply free for all 4 player deathmatch and co-op.....that's pretty much it.

I'd say you should think before you insult people, it wins you no favors after all.

Nowhere did I say those games were JRPGs, I was still focusing on the comparison you made to FF15, which was a pretty poor comparison to make. And multiplayer is multiplayer, Doom had it and Doom has it. The fact that is has more modes now doesn't make much a difference. In no way is this being "tacked" onto a series that never had it before, so it's also a pretty poor analogy to compare it to games that began without it. I won't bother trying to further reason with you, it seems you're very set in your ways. Whatever your opinion actually is, you're doing a pretty poor job of getting it across because I can't tell what the point of your argument is. Seems like you were defending the multiplayer previously, and suddenly you don't want it?

The words "tacked on multiplayer" is both parts equally laughable and insulting. Especially as it refers to online multiplayer, which unless you want to break in 5 minutes (if you're lucky, otherwise 20 seconds on average), actually requires a significant chunk of preparation and development work.
You don't just "tack on" multiplayer, your game engine will fuck you over every which way if you tried, if not the netcode itself. You basically need to plan for it from day 0 of engine development to make it even remotely possible, otherwise you end up with early Minecraft.

Metal gear had some good mp imo, Dooms mp is quite lovely I feel, but needs to be refined as of now, I strongly feel they need to open up the matchmaking cross country and contenent, narrow down the play lists to Team Deathmatch, Team objective, And Death match or an ffa play list. Keeping open to many options so limited in mind keeps players isolated trying to find each other in the objective modes, I don't think anyone would never play objective because there is a chance one mode they dont like might pop up. I think these steps alone would help matchmaking times give us more players. Doom's mp is far from dead, but deffinetly has gone into the niche catagory. Only reason I'v not been playing is because I'm so damn busy.

Edward850 said:

The words "tacked on multiplayer" is both parts equally laughable and insulting. Especially as it refers to online multiplayer, which unless you want to break in 5 minutes (if you're lucky, otherwise 20 seconds on average), actually requires a significant chunk of preparation and development work.
You don't just "tack on" multiplayer, your game engine will fuck you over every which way if you tried, if not the netcode itself. You basically need to plan for it from day 0 of engine development to make it even remotely possible, otherwise you end up with early Minecraft.

And I can't help but laugh at how you seriously believe I meant that literally, man you always look for a reason to argue with people here just so can talk about the fundamentals of technical things regarding computers and games. Seriously piss off and stop trying to change the subject.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'd say you should think before you insult people, it wins you no favors after all.

Nowhere did I say those games were JRPGs, I was still focusing on the comparison you made to FF15, which was a pretty poor comparison to make. And multiplayer is multiplayer, Doom had it and Doom has it. The fact that is has more modes now doesn't make much a difference. In no way is this being "tacked" onto a series that never had it before, so it's also a pretty poor analogy to compare it to games that began without it. I won't bother trying to further reason with you, it seems you're very set in your ways. Whatever your opinion actually is, you're doing a pretty poor job of getting it across because I can't tell what the point of your argument is. Seems like you were defending the multiplayer previously, and suddenly you don't want it?

Do you ever pay attention and read carefully to what people say? I never said DOOM didn't need multiplayer in fact I'm one of the few that loves the game completely for what it is. As for comparisons so let me get this straight because all the games that I mentioned that are mostly SP are not shooters then it suddenly means that it's a terrible comparison? sounds like someone's opinionated.

Wait, does this mean they're adding "real" deathmatch? Like as in, grab your gun and go, no fucking around with teams, no objective bullshit other than point and shoot, no wankery, just pure free-for-all frags? If so that's fucking awesome and has rejuvenated my desire to play Doom2016's MP. Even if it still has loadouts and whatever, the thought of a game just focused on aiming, shooting, dodging and moving without any other fairy-ass goals strapped on almost sounds like a pipe dream these days, but a damn good one.

NodEliteX5 said:

And I can't help but laugh at how you seriously believe I meant that literally, man you always look for a reason to argue with people here just so can talk about the fundamentals of technical things regarding computers and games. Seriously piss off and stop trying to change the subject.

How am I changing the subject? Are we not talking about "tacked on multiplayer"? Sounds more to me like you don't want anybody contesting your way of thinking.

Doomkid said:

Wait, does this mean they're adding "real" deathmatch? Like as in, grab your gun and go, no fucking around with teams, no objective bullshit other than point and shoot, no wankery, just pure free-for-all frags?

Pretty much. I believe this includes private lobbies as well and various customizations they entail.

Doomkid said:

Wait, does this mean they're adding "real" deathmatch? Like as in, grab your gun and go, no fucking around with teams, no objective bullshit other than point and shoot, no wankery, just pure free-for-all frags? If so that's fucking awesome and has rejuvenated my desire to play Doom2016's MP. Even if it still has loadouts and whatever, the thought of a game just focused on aiming, shooting, dodging and moving without any other fairy-ass goals strapped on almost sounds like a pipe dream these days, but a damn good one.

Yup, even though it technically was already in snapmap they're just adding it to mp now which is better late than never.

NodEliteX5 said:

Do you ever pay attention and read carefully to what people say?

Yes, but evidently you don't. Because nothing anyone has said here has gotten across to you. You seem to be creating a debate for literally no reason other thaaaan...

Edward850 said:

you don't want anybody contesting your way of thinking.

And nowhere did you say anything about not wanting the multiplayer, because you never actually said what you wanted. You went at length talking about tacked-on multiplayer and the modern gamer boogeymen and games that didn't need multiplayer and comparing them to Doom, and you're surprised when people infer that you don't like Doom's multiplayer, when all you're talking about is games that didn't need multiplayer in a thread about Doom's multiplayer?

Jaxxoon R said:

Yes, but evidently you don't. Because nothing anyone has said here has gotten across to you. You seem to be creating a debate for literally no reason other thaaaan...
And nowhere did you say anything about not wanting the multiplayer, because you never actually said what you wanted. You went at length talking about tacked-on multiplayer and the modern gamer boogeymen and games that didn't need multiplayer and comparing them to Doom, and you're surprised when people infer that you don't like Doom's multiplayer, when all you're talking about is games that didn't need multiplayer in a thread about Doom's multiplayer?

So when anyone gets into a discussion with you and when the conversation starts to become a disagreement then it suddenly means they're the ones starting the debate just because they have a different viewpoint than you do? wow man just...wow.

MrGlide said:

There are some trolls and such around, but some of the people I see post seem to be just consistently Dumb.

It really is exhausting Going over and over some of these conversations, again, and again. Some of you don't/refuse to, listen when these members speak.

Please for the love of everything good in the universe, PLEASE let this deathmatch mode be selected alone without it being in a mode cycle like the last few modes. Goddamn I hate that.

NodEliteX5 said:

So when anyone gets into a discussion with you and when the conversation starts to become a disagreement then it suddenly means they're the ones starting the debate just because they have a different viewpoint than you do? wow man just...wow.

That's BuffoonR for ya. Spot on. 'SUperiority complex' and 'passive agressive' definitions in the dictionary both refer to his username on doomworld.

@:Sig You would really pirate doom16 for 10$ or less if it didnt have MP? MP was never a forte of the doom series, and when people think of doom they never think 'hell yeah that game known for its awesome deathmatch'.

I know there is a clearcut distinction between objective and subjective, but there is also something called 'let's be effin real'.

MrSkeltal said:

I feel like it's too little too late when it comes to the MP.

Not at all, deathmatch is just what it needs now.

massivefanofdoom said:

The logic of id/bethesda is something I don't get. MP on the whole is not wanted/desired nor needed, while more SP which is all doom is about = tons more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the company.

Single player content degrades very rapidly in the current market, especially DLC often has poor return buyer rate. and no Doom isn't "All about sp". All of this has been in the making for years, it's impossable to just whip this stuff up over night.

massivefanofdoom said:

I think they made enough sales and right now they don't care and are doing whatever they want to cuz they simply don't have to gaf.

No, this is so ignorant I can't even... They're back at work crunching on multiple projects right now, I'm in aw at this statment alone. It's been in development for 8 years, The amount of money that has gone into this and marketing for it is easily over 100 mill

massivefanofdoom said:

sorry if i sound so and im also not naive enough to expect more campaign in a couple of months. Xmas 2016 or summer 17 sounds more realistic, but my original point is that otoh i dont get them focusing all their energy on 3 mp dlcs and mostly mp fixes/addendums when from my perspective there just isnt a huge demand or need for it and doom2016 was mostly if not mainly, praised for its sp campaign.

As for single player content, we've had this discussion... You don't listen. As for the map packs, it was the plan, it is the plan because that's what they promised, and they are going to follow through and deliver like professionals. Just because you don't play mp, doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

massivefanofdoom said:

Not disagreeing with anything you are saying per se, it just weirded me out how they already had 3 mp packs planned before release when the mp beta was getting soooo much crap from ppl and then the game got released and while some players warmed up to the mp more.

As a personal note - yea im grateful for anything free or their hard work in general, obviously. I just personally have no use for both and just some news or headsup of work on sp or whats gonna come in the near or distant future would be sweet, instead of being left in the dark almost 5 months later.

You don't sound grateful to me, and we've been through this, more single player content that they would be confident as a smart business move is going to take some time, They won't announce it until they're entirely sure they can get it out and thats if they have the manpower to do that and quake champions at the same time, but you don't listen.

NodEliteX5 said:

The game plays nothing like COD and as for the halo comparison it was even worse, because DOOM is sci-fi then suddenly it means that it's a "rip-off" of halo when DOOM was actually responsible for giving Halo it's inspiration especially Master chief. I swear man this generation is terrible at comparing games with each other and lacks respect for franchises that inspired other shooters to come into existence.

Halo came down the line from marathon, which only came out a year after Doom. as someone whom has 1000's of hours into the halo games, yes, the new doom does play quite a bit like halo, just faster, kinda like if halo and quake had a baby. I'm a fan of both though. Id for some weird reason thought it would be a good idea to intergrate some of halos weapon/range system into dooms mp aka burst shot, hell shot, making it even more in leu with Bungies prefered weapon/range balance system.

NodEliteX5 said:

as for DOOM's multiplayer from the original games it was just simply free for all 4 player deathmatch and co-op.....that's pretty much it.

Ya except the part where Doom invented online deathmatch, Simply? Do you understand what a feat that was back then? What a craze it was? It's stupid to not have mp with Doom, How do you not know the roots of this?

NodEliteX5 said:

And I can't help but laugh at how you seriously believe I meant that literally,

You're being disrespectful to any of the devs whomed worked on these games, and It seems doom it's self right now, So you could think before you type like a functioning adult rather then spewing on about an industry you apparently No nothing about, something you and massivedoomfan prove over and over again.

NodEliteX5 said:

For those with an iq abouve 3 digits it's called an intellectual discussion, which you've failed at.

MrGlide said:

Not at all, deathmatch is just what it needs now. Single player content degrades very rapidly in the current market, especially DLC often has poor return buyer rate. and no Doom isn't "All about sp". All of this has been in the making for years, it's impossable to just whip this stuff up over night.

No, this is so ignorant I can't even... They're back at work crunching on multiple projects right now, I'm in aw at this statment alone. It's been in development for 8 years, The amount of money that has gone into this and marketing for it is easily over 100 mill As for single player content, we've had this discussion... You don't listen. As for the map packs, it was the plan, it is the plan because that's what they promised, and they are going to follow through and deliver like professionals. Just because you don't play mp, doesn't mean it doesn't matter. You don't sound grateful to me, and we've been through this, more single player content that they would be confident as a smart business move is going to take some time, They won't announce it until they're entirely sure they can get it out and thats if they have the manpower to do that and quake champions at the same time, but you don't listen. Halo came down the line from marathon, which only came out a year after Doom. as someone whom has 1000's of hours into the halo games, yes, the new doom does play quite a bit like halo, just faster, kinda like if halo and quake had a baby. I'm a fan of both though. Id for some weird reason thought it would be a good idea to intergrate some of halos weapon/range system into dooms mp aka burst shot, hell shot, making it even more in leu with Bungies prefered weapon/range balance system. Ya except the part where Doom invented online deathmatch, Simply? Do you understand what a feat that was back then? What a craze it was? It's stupid to not have mp with Doom, How do you not know the roots of this? You're being disrespectful to any of the devs whomed worked on these games, and It seems doom it's self right now, So you could think before you type like a functioning adult rather then spewing on about an industry you apparently No nothing about, something you and massivedoomfan prove over and over again. For those with an iq about 3 digits it's called an intellectual discussion, which you've failed at.

Oh please do explain in full detail on how I'm disrespecting game developers when the only people I've "insulted" were new gen gamers that act like elitists and Edward. IQ? You seriously wanna go there pal? Citation please

@Mr glide: I don't have the patience, time or will to answer everything you posted, but it is things that you and BuffoonR post like 'you don't listen' (to who exactly? you are my teacher or what?) or 'that is so dumb I can't even....' that really irritates people like me or NodEliteXS. I am in awe that you just can't understand this simple concept: you are not a god and just because we disagree on something it doesn't mean you are automically right and know it all. It's this condescending and passive aggressive attitude of you people who think that a 10yo joindate means you are automatically in the right in every segment of this forum that pisses people off.

i'VE stated multiple times that SP DLC will take at least till xmas 2016 or summer 2017, and all I wish for is news, like they announced the 3 mp dlcs a long time ago? SO tell me again, who doesn't read / listen?

And I will insist that doom was NEVER about MP. Those hardcore 4p LAN games when internet cost a fortune and you were lucky it didnt disconnect 50 times a night were what made doom a hit back in the day? come on.

Jaxxoon R said:

If you were a mature human being you wouldn't be insulting anyone.

Take your own advice pal, you forgot when you called me a retard and obnoxiously ignorant?

Quite the perfect example of a perfect forum member, you.

Hypocrite.

massivefanofdoom said:

And I will insist that doom was NEVER about MP. Those hardcore 4p LAN games when internet cost a fortune and you were lucky it didnt disconnect 50 times a night were what made doom a hit back in the day? come on.

Actually, yes. It infamously, even after the broadcast packet bug was fixed, continued to drag down university/office networks that had entire IT departments playing Doom multiplayer. It basically became the game to sneak into your office for after-hours tournaments.
It was also pretty much the major selling point of Dwango, which offered 4 player online Doom multiplayer over modem (the only thing that could, as there was no TCP/IP packet driver and the modem driver... well you should know by now how a phone works), and again running major tournaments as well. Shit was hot until Quake was released, and even then it's not like Quake even stopped it.
It's pretty much the key reason why there's so many multiplayer ports today.

NodEliteX5 said:

Oh please do explain in full detail on how I'm disrespecting game developers when the only people I've "insulted" were new gen gamers that act like elitists and Edward. IQ? You seriously wanna go there pal? Citation please

#1. I'm not your pal, And with the amount of jackassery you've spewed nor will I.

NodEliteX5 said:

Ever heard of the phrase "tacked on multiplayer"? Resident Evil wasn't known for having multiplayer and yet it was tacked on anyways because of today's new generation of spoiled gamers...

First off when you call a piece of a game that many had to crunch on and bust their fucking balls for doing 12 hour shifts to try and ship on time "tacked on" that's pretty fucking disrespectful, and in the second part of this post you blame other players, not the devs aspiration or creative desires, you don't know the whole story yet you act like you understand all of this. Some of the very games you've listed were designed with multiplayer in mind from the design team, not just marketing and suites. sometimes shit doesn't work out.

Jaxxoon R said:

If you were a mature human being you wouldn't be insulting anyone.

And if you were "mature" you wouldn't be trying to change the subject into a personal debate over a simple disagreement, every human being has different perceptions in life on how they view things; just like ideas which are never exactly the same, it's human nature for people to debate, even things like heated arguments but regardless even I get tired of them eventually, especially when you get people who like to keep dragging it on and on. I wouldn't be surprised if you try to pull a reversal on me based on what I said just so you can prove a point when in reality you would only be shooting yourselves in the foot since it would only prove me right. My first comment on this thread is basically expressing my annoyance with DOOM's multiplayer being unfairly criticized when most of the complaints about it were very ignorant and yet blind sheep who didn't try it themselves (for free) jumped on the bandwagon.

Jaxxoon R said:

Link.

Ask the moderator who deleted the topic to bring it back from the dead lol. Doesn't mean it didn't happen because you are smartass enough to use that loophole. Plus I've seen you piss off other members with your high browed snobby passive aggressive shit and get them fuming because you are good at it. It is sooooooo annoying lol. I know you are really happy I am admitting this.

I said what I had to say anyway. Stupid forum arguments are just that, and I had enough and will be productive elsewhere instead of being bait for nasty insidious superiority complexed people like you and glide.