Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Ater Fieri - A hellish episode for Doom2: Oneiros, first map for testing

First map of a hellish episode, the maps are already sketched and their main ideas, this one is based on a dream I had and feels more like a mix of E2 and E3. I like cement-gstone combination, I've used that concept in reticula.wad map03 too.

The themes will be varied, ancient temples, medieval citadels, haunted buildings and forests, tech-hell etc so expect more hellish maps than this one for the next time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cbzjov8nlcl08sx/oneiros00.wad

TAyIcV5.png

yaa3kja.png

M2VvN7a.png

Ater Fieri

Will this take me to Flavortown??

Haha only joking, this looks fantastic!

2 minutes ago, RjY said:

Will this take me to Flavortown??

Haha only joking, this looks fantastic!

Lol didn't know about that, nor Guy Fieri, I had to google it.

Ater fieri is latin, it means "to become dark".

Pretty nice map, the music makes it also good to be the opener if that's your intention. I'm looking forward too se what you will do with the rest of the episode with the hellish themes. I have attached my fda, I didn't finish the map perhaps there could be some more health along the way. The only thing that I didn't like was the final cyberdemon,  it's a thing that you do very often and in this case I feel that it isn't necessary, also to have more variety since I was kinda expecting it.

I spotted only a couple of problems: the lines 1388-1399-1400 (lifts at the secret berserk pack) aren't textured so you see some homs. And the secret invisibility is unreachable, the passage to the teleporter in the nukage is too narrow and you can't pass.

oneiros00_fdagaspe.zip

On 9/19/2017 at 7:20 AM, gaspe said:

Pretty nice map, the music makes it also good to be the opener if that's your intention. I'm looking forward too se what you will do with the rest of the episode with the hellish themes. I have attached my fda, I didn't finish the map perhaps there could be some more health along the way. The only thing that I didn't like was the final cyberdemon,  it's a thing that you do very often and in this case I feel that it isn't necessary, also to have more variety since I was kinda expecting it.

I spotted only a couple of problems: the lines 1388-1399-1400 (lifts at the secret berserk pack) aren't textured so you see some homs. And the secret invisibility is unreachable, the passage to the teleporter in the nukage is too narrow and you can't pass.

oneiros00_fdagaspe.zip

Nice, I'll fix that and see what can I do with the final fight.

About variety yes, there will be, it's guaranteed, even roman aqueducts and no joking.

10 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

@nicolas monti complevel 2 or 9? im guessing 2 but wanted to make sure.

I should run with complevel 2, that's how things are planned.

Edited by nicolas monti