Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArcheKruz

Quake 1 Stuff Ultra Reloaded - v1.2 Final

Recommended Posts

Huh, I just finished replaying Quake E1 before seeing this post. Glad to see this being updated again.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2017 at 10:38 PM, ∞Phantasm said:

This is pretty dope. For Ultimate DOOM, the Read This! option on the main menu still has the original font.

What source port and build version? This option has been gone in Zan 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ArcheKruz said:

What source port and build version? This option has been gone in Zan 3.0.

Oh, must have been GZDOOM. Didn't realize this was made with Zandronum in mind specifically, which is a good thing for co-op/mp. I'm seeing too many mods neglect this like SmoothDoom.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ∞Phantasm said:

Oh, must have been GZDOOM. Didn't realize this was made with Zandronum in mind specifically, which is a good thing for co-op/mp. I'm seeing too many mods neglect this like SmoothDoom.

Oh yeah, one of the original reasons for the mod's creation was for multiplayer co-op play. GZDoom may have more features, and it certainly would have been a good opportunity to learn ZScript, but being able to play it with friends online takes precedence.

Share this post


Link to post

I found out about this mod thanks to RetroAhoy's Quake video, and it's pretty damn awesome, the original version I tried out anyway. I'll have to check this one out!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you and sorry for being silent about this. I had been swamped with work and life, and I hadn't been able to really dig in and work on it much since. I promise that there will be an update eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Screenshot_Doom_20180502_091425.png.17f7846e1bfce70b1e3c6f351b46f876.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180502_094349.png.c5ebd80afe26c4528c2d2f504122a27a.png

 

Here's a preview to show that I have not forgotten about the project. :3

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the mod, when I play it in multiplayer I can see that other player fire animation is using an axe, no matter what weapon is being held.. I do remember Q1 having axe for axe and one fire animation for everything else. Any idea how to fix it on gzdoom?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Yeah, it felt right that the preview was being done with Slipgate Complex. :D

 

EDIT: So it's just for Zandronum, or will it run in GZDoom albeit with some errors?

Edited by Gideon020 : Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2018 at 6:07 AM, ChrisVR said:

Thanks for the mod, when I play it in multiplayer I can see that other player fire animation is using an axe, no matter what weapon is being held.. I do remember Q1 having axe for axe and one fire animation for everything else. Any idea how to fix it on gzdoom?

This will be fixed in the next update.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, Gideon020 said:

Yeah, it felt right that the preview was being done with Slipgate Complex. :D

 

EDIT: So it's just for Zandronum, or will it run in GZDoom albeit with some errors?

It should work on GZDoom and Zandronum.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×