Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Post your demos!

Grazza said:

"Post your demos!". Thread, barely alive. But we can rebuild it....

We can rebuild it, we have the technology.......But we don't want to spend a lot of money. :D

here's a rather amusing demo of me and others attempting the worst doom2 speedrun ever in Doom2 history.

link here

runs on legacy, and you can press f12 to switch between viewpoints.

It cuts out on MAP09 when I watch it, but it's interesting.

Say, that gives me an idea though. We should get a 4 (maybe 3) player coop of Doom II with a bunch of us demo-goers. I'd want to play! I love coop. I have a 56K modem though. =/

I'd like to be in such a demo though. =) Maybe in a "lame Legacy" speedrun where you jump over walls and cheat your way through the levels like that one. ;)

Please be aware of the following: If you're watching a multiplayer game-demo in Legacy, and use <F12> to watch someone else, the demo will end when this person leaves the game.

There are three people in the game, and one leaves halfway through MAP09, but about a minute after that point, it quits (with no error) at the same time no matter who I'm watching at that point.

My best guess is that he forgot the -maxdemo xxxx and it quit recording at that point.

Nanami said:

My best guess is that he forgot the -maxdemo xxxx and it quit recording at that point.

Yep, have a look at the file size.

Grazza said:

"Post your demos!". Thread, barely alive. But we can rebuild it...

Wow, that sounds awesome. I'd deliberately made the Par and "Doomgod" time estimates a bit generous, but had no idea that 3:30 would be feasible (due to health and ammo issues).

BTW, the par time I gave in DRR#2 can be halved as well ;)

I think that mines.wad could be completed in 3:00 or so. You'll just have to run past every monster that is possible to left unkilled. The part with the elevator up is the hardest. You'll need very much luck to get past that. The first two times I tried that i succeeded, but after that I've tried it dozens of times and succeeded only a couple of times. I'll send the demo now, watch it and you'll see. There are many annoying little mistakes in it so it could be done much better.

And yes, I hope people still have interest for this thread.

Wah. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with Mock2 (I joined teh team. ^_^). I'll update later if I get around to quitting the laziness.

w00t indeed. DooMer 4ever's Mines demo is certainly pretty cool and well thought-out, though I see what he means about possible time improvements (and the luck that would be needed to achieve them!). There is also a little SR50 jump very near the end that should save about ten seconds.

Grazza said:

w00t indeed. DooMer 4ever's Mines demo is certainly pretty cool and well thought-out, though I see what he means about possible time improvements (and the luck that would be needed to achieve them!). There is also a little SR50 jump very near the end that should save about ten seconds.

Yep, luck is indeed needed. Just for fun here's where I died and the chanse to survive:

The first arena, 50% chanse. The spider or a chaingunner usually kills you.

The mancubus you have to kill. 50% chanse. I know, I'm not really good when I have to kill monsters and there are other monsters around. This kill was quite slow.

The elevator part. 10% chanse. Very difficult to get past those monsters.

The jump out of the window. 40 % chanse of getting it right at the first time. Well if you are good at jumping out of windows, this should be easier, but I'm not. Less monters could be propably killed in this area.

The ending. Don't know the chanse of surviving because I didn't get this far very often, only five times or so, two tries were succesful, three were not. I really had luck I survived in this demo :)

Well, now I'm working on world.wad MAP01. I've done 3:02 UVmax this far IIRC, but I would like to get under three minutes. EDIT: or to be more accurate I WAS working on it, but played the whole wad through just for interest :P

Added Magikal's stuff to the site.

http://xfury.net/doom

I didn't have a chance to watch any of it because I'm at school. I won't be home until late, so I might not get a chance to watch them then either. I think three or four were updates of existing ones which weren't in the tables yet. Anyway, I put them all (Except Grind2) under Max, so if you want me to add anything next to it, like "Style," let me know. This applies to everyone, actually.

Enjoy!

DooMer 4ever said:

Well, now I'm working on world.wad MAP01. I've done 3:02 UVmax this far IIRC, but I would like to get under three minutes. EDIT: or to be more accurate I WAS working on it, but played the whole wad through just for interest :P

Wow. 3 minutes... I haven't got it much under 4 minutes myself. Are you just running past the first baron until you get the rocket launcher? Or getting a lot of infighting?

Grazza said:

Wow. 3 minutes... I haven't got it much under 4 minutes myself. Are you just running past the first baron until you get the rocket launcher? Or getting a lot of infighting?

No, I killed the first baron with shotgun, but I did run past it to the stairs so that the door wouldn't get in your way when closing. I didn't get much infighting either, but I did get some in the stairs after the baron by not killing the caco before activating the trap. I used a lot of rockets to kill the chaingunners, I guess that saved some time too. Three minutes was fairly easy I think, I got that in the third time I reached the exit IIRC.

Nanami, could you update the front page so that I would know what are the Magikals new demos, I cannot remember and it's kinda hard to just search for them.

I uploaded UVmax for maps, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10 and Ruma.wad. Also a speedrun for Grind2. IIRC map02,10 & Ruma were previously up.
Yep, under 3mins is definitely achieveable for World map01. I've just started on it with a 3:11.
D4E we're gonna miss you, when do you go into the army?

I've just posted another Demo Recording Recommendation. I think the most fun ways to play this map are the short and painful way (NM100S Pacifist) and the long and painful way (UV Fast Tyson).

I guess I'll just have to try harder with World Map01, but UV Max isn't a category I tend to be very good at (more often I play UV Fast Max, where a more cautious approach is generally necessary). Next week's will be a difficult UV Max where I am thinking of giving the Par Time as 16 minutes. Maybe I should cut that down to something like 10 minutes, even though I can't begin to imagine how that might be possible :)

D4E: Hope the army stint goes OK. Perhaps you'll make a good marksman?

EDIT: w00t! 500th post in this thread!

I recorded firewrks.wad the other day in UV Max in 5:44. I'm sure that could be improved on.

magikal said:

Here we are, World magikal.supanet.com/magikal-world-259.zip]map01 2:59 UVMax, still much room for improvement.

Thanks for that; I've now managed a 3:01, and that included a fair few mistakes (it could indeed go well under 3 minutes). I'd just been a bit too cowardly in my previous attempts... My route at the start was to run past all the troopers and the baron, and I think this is a good idea.

Rich said:

I recorded firewrks.wad the other day in UV Max in 5:44. I'm sure that could be improved on.

I hadn't tried UV Max... I've just had a few goes, and did a 6:44 Max (ugh), and a 5:31 where I must have missed one monster - a spectre maybe?

magikal said:

D4E we're gonna miss you, when do you go into the army?

Four hours now. Thanks for the support everyone, keep on with the demo recording stuff and playing Doom (obviously) when I'm gone. How I wish this would be over already... :(

Aw man, I missed DooMer4ever. =/

Anyway, I updated the site. http://xfury.net/doom

I uploaded everyone's demos. That means, uh, Grazza and Torn. I think Magikal? Heck, I don't know what I just did. ^_^;