Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia round 4 - DAY 5 Town Victory!

Oh, sorry, my bad. Sarcasm is tough to convey over text, after all. Though, Krispy would make a fine prostitute, I'm sure.

i think several roles could be implemented in the next game:

NEUTRAL:

Hermit - Bulletproof. Hates being visited. If anyone performs any action on him at all, he loses a point. He can survive night kills as long as he has points. He has four points and if all are used, he dies.

Bandit - neutral player. His goal? Survival. He wins regardless of which team wins IF he is alive at the end of the game. Abilities: Night-kill.

Insane One - Gets a random new ability each day. Must survive to win. Can use the ability on anyone anytime.

MAFIA:

Bulletproof Mafia - like the bulletproof townsperson, but is a mafia. He cannot be night killed and must be lynched.

Betrayer - Appears to work as a detective for the town, but is actually part of the mafia. He has the ability to investigate one persons role to his fellow mafia.

TOWNIES:

Kamikaze MkII - like the regular but also kills anyone who night kills him. Possibly has the ability to night kill someone at the cost of his own life.

Jailor - Can jail a person for a night. This person is immune to night- kill but also loses his ability. The jailor also can investigate.

Town Gossip - Can force one persons role to be revealed next day. The person is alive. This ability works only once.

Necromancer - Can resurrect a dead player one time. However, he also has illusion magic and nobody will know any dead players role for the entire game or until he dies.

Energizer - Has the ability to recharge a players ability if that player has a one-use ability. For instance, he can enable the vigilante to kill again. This ability can be used once every other day - starting at day 2.

Clonehunter said:

Couldn't they technically be a Menne Fatale? I mean, why does the prostitute have to be a girl? Something wrong with gay diversity in a Mafia game?

Non-white-gender bender-lesbian-Jehova's witness-prostitute.

Looks like we have the aliens in game afterall... Where is the FBI?

flubbernugget said:

We're still on this whole new role thing?

New Role: Mafia Role-Criticizer

He has the ability to drain the abilities of one of the townspeople. Permanently. Wins with mafia.

I feel like people really aren't participating as much all the sudden. did the new Dwarf Fortress release hit everyone here, too?

Well I still stand by my vote, even if it doesn't have any backing. Early in the game there's no way to tell, usually. Although... Actually:

Unvote whoever I voted for

Vote Pure Hellspawn for stupid spamming role shit.

ok i'll shut up about the roles now so i hopefully don't get lynched day 1 two days in a row. otherwise there's no point in playing lol.

Don't keep your head down entirely. We all still need to be scumhunting. After all, there's onemafia member that can only be found through honest nose-to-grindstone sleuthing.

Membrain said:

I feel like people really aren't participating as much all the sudden. did the new Dwarf Fortress release hit everyone here, too?

Interesting, I didn't know Dwarf Fortress had isometric 3D mods.

They still make new games? I just started playing Heroes of Might and Magic III.

I'm goin' down to the pizza shop. Perhaps I can glean some info on the mafia? The place has been hopping since the new hooker started working upstairs.

Membrain you're mega eager to have some mafia fun. Have you gotten onto Mafiascum yet? It's still in the middle of a server migration but it's up.

I've actually played a game on Mafiascum, but I cannot log in for some reason. I think my cookies are messed up, but I've cleared them and reloaded to no avail. It says I'm successful and immediately logs me out.

Anyhow, that's best left for PM. We need to continue hunting. What's the deadline for the day, TheCupboard?

Membrain said:

Yup. And it hit pretty hard for me.

Voting Superluigieth1 because let's rile folks up

Haven't heard from RUSH yet, so might be time for another wake-up call.

Unvote bytor

Vote RUSH

Been watching everyone with no avail. On one hand, I feel Membrain could be leading us astray with all his Pro-Town enthusiasm. He may be Mafia behind all that. Although, losing an important role this early in the game would really suck - not to mention Membrain is an active player.

I feel Superluigieth1 is sort of acting like General Rainbow Bacon from Mafia 3. Probably doesn't have much importance to this game, but if he's Mafia we're all screwed for ignoring him, so:

Unvote Membrain

Vote Superluigieth1

PH, if you're town again, you should be a little more careful. We lynched you last round because of similar scummy behavior. If you're mafia, though, please continue. :D

Lynch Tally (with 13 alive it takes 7 vote to lynch)
Superluigieth1: 5 votes (Cacatou, Pure Hellspawn, CorSair, Krispy & RUSH)
GreyGhost: 1 vote (Membrain)
bytor: 1 vote (Kirby)
Pure Hellspawn: 1 vote (Clonehunter)
RUSH: 1 vote (GreyGhost)
undecided: Superluigieth1, Jimi, flubbernugget & bytor

DAY 1 continues. At the Town Hall, the ancient fax machine hums to life. Two brief messages are printed out in faded ink: "MISSING PERSONS REPORT. STOP. SUPERLUIGIETH1'S WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN. STOP. CONTACT MAYOR'S OFFICE WITH ANY INFORMATION. STOP. LAST SEEN WHEN FIRST SIGNING UP IN THIS THREAD. STOP."

After the Town reads this urgent message, a thunder cloud seems to roll into Town, serving as a reminder not to edit your posts, or else.

Deadline for your lynch votes is 72 hours from this post. If a majority is not reached, the Town will put away the torches, pitchforks, and lynch nobody on Day 1.

*Sigh*

We need a lynch, and I'm pretty sure we won't get one unless we take out the silent guy. He's not going to help the town even if he is not mafia.

Unvote
Vote Superluigieth1

The thundercloud has passed by, letting a half-moon illuminate the sky. The mob has made its decision and a reticent superluigieth1 is marched to the gallows. When asked by the minister whether he has any last words, he is silent, his haunted eyes apparently empty. What could he possibly be thinking? How could he stop such violence directed toward him?

The Town decides to donate the dead man's land and bank account to the local almshouse. After reviewing his possessions, you can only conclude his identity was an innocent Townsperson. Such is the way things go during troubled times for common folk.

NIGHT 1 begins and 12 players remain. Go to sleep, everyone. You have done a hard task today.

a) Doctor, tell me who you are protecting tonight via PM.
b) Detective, tell me who you are investigating tonight via PM (also include a backup player in case your first choice dies)
c) Mafia family, discuss among yourselves who you will attempt to murder this Night. Whoever sends me the PM I will assume is the killer.
d) Psychopath, which player would you like to interact with tonight, include a back-up just in case.
e) Vigilante and Prostitute, do either of you have any targets?
f) All other power roles, I'll talk to you as necessary.

It is now DAY 2.

The pitter-patter of rain against the window panes lulls you from sleep. All concerned parties of Doomworld gather under the old oak tree, murmuring in distress. How could something so terrible have happened so soon to another innocent? You all discuss what to do next as one of you lays a sheet over a dismembered Krispy. There is a tomahawk embedded in the base of his skull, leaving splattered brain matter over a wet bed of leaves of dead grass. Krispy was an innocent Townsperson and the Mafia's first murder victim. Who could be responsible for this gruesome killing?

Lynch Tally (with 11 alive it takes 6 vote to lynch)
undecided: Jimi, Cacatou, Membrain, flubbernugget, Pure Hellspawn, CorSair, RUSH, bytor, GreyGhost, Kirby & Clonehunter

vote Jimi
He hasn't made any real appearance yet so hopefully this will get him out of the woodwork.