Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I want the map to be about as difficult to complete as MAP09 in TNT: Evilution. It shouldn't be too easy, nor too hard, making it a nice middle ground for the wad.

TrueDude, I love the idea.

Matt534Dog: The map is hard but it takes nearly 5 minutes to complete. Is it ok? Also shall I add deathmatch starts?

C30N9 said:

TrueDude, I love the idea.

Matt534Dog: The map is hard but it takes nearly 5 minutes to complete. Is it ok? Also shall I add deathmatch starts?

Sounds more like a linearity issue to me. Why not add some more optional areas?

As long as it's better than The Pit, I'm fine with it. Also, what would be the point of a map without deathmatch starts? It's like bread without butter!

Every map submitted to this project should contain DM and Coop starts!

EDIT: I agree with Marnetmar. More optional areas would do you good!

Matt534Dog said:
As long as it's better than The Pit, I'm fine with it. Also, what would be the point of a map without deathmatch starts? It's like bread without butter!

Every map submitted to this project should contain DM and Coop starts!

Well gee, I just got around to creating a Deathmatch-only area for my map; even though I have no Deathmatch experience whatsoever. Will send the map to you momentarily.

What kind of Hell maps are you looking for? Any certian style of Hell maps? I've got one or two that I've been working on and off for a while that I might want to throw into the mix.

I have an idea for the underground city sky, perhaps a gigantic cavern with a large hole exposing the sky on top?

@Marnetmar: I was thinking more lanterns hanging from the ceiling, which look like stars. Maybe a few holes in the roof could be cool, but keep in mind that nobody is supposed to have found this city.

If anyone wants to do the hell sky, PM me for details.

@spaztacus: It should be able to be played from a pistol start, but also keep in mind that the player could have all the weapons. You have to have a nice difficulty balance between pistol start and entering with weapons.

Pottus, I don't think colored clouds will do a good job. I mean just clouds? There should be something that presents more hellish area.

Uhhhhh... Matt534Dog, if you didn't make plans for MAP04, how about we switch slots? It would be ideal for the map for its length, if no I'll take Marnetmar's advice.

Also I'd like to claim MAP25 if claiming 2 slots possible.

@C30N9: Sure. Yes, you can have MAP25 as well.

@Pottus: No they aren't. There was a big dispute about it a few pages ago.

Hey there, I was wondering if I could try a hand at one of the secret levels. I was thinking something really off the wall so...

I'm not sure I've ever seen a hellish-looking city; I've only seen city levels. Are there any good examples out there you could direct me to?

Also, I'm wondering if you have anything specific planned for MAP11. I have a couple maps I *might* contribute to this project. I've been debating whether I should make it a mapset or actually as part of this megawad cause I know it might do better as part of a megawad but I'm not sure if it's the kind you would want. Otherwise, I could always make something original, which is also good.

valkiriforce said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a hellish-looking city; I've only seen city levels. Are there any good examples out there you could direct me to?

Something like E3M6.

I was thinking a mix between E3M6 from Doom and MAP13 from Doom II. Or, it could be like MAP13, but with more hellish textures like marble or bloody walls. I want them to have tall buildings like MAP13, but they aren't necessary. So when I said city maps, I was thinking of maps with the MAP13 style.

Also, MAP11 should end with an entrance to a cave. If you want to send me any premade maps, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I was out of town. I hadn't done much progress, I'm also bored a little. I'll try to return mapping.

I like the pic.

Matt534Dog said:

I was thinking a mix between E3M6 from Doom and MAP13 from Doom II. Or, it could be like MAP13, but with more hellish textures like marble or bloody walls. I want them to have tall buildings like MAP13, but they aren't necessary. So when I said city maps, I was thinking of maps with the MAP13 style.

Also, MAP11 should end with an entrance to a cave. If you want to send me any premade maps, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Don't forget to mention that the city is underground