Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

Thor: Ragnarok tribute to Doom?

I was reading some trivia for "Thor: Ragnarok" and it would appear that the director was inspired by Doom's box art for a scene...

Spoiler

...where Skurge is gunning down a lot of undead warriors.

skurge_ragnarok.png.9e239986fee69fcba617fc0f67ec9c50.png

I kinda see the resemblance and I think it's pretty cool! Not so visible in this screendump, but moreso in the movie.

Just thought I'd share it with you :)

Makes sense, they really like Doom down there in New Zealand. Also it's the same actor, who played in the (crappy) Doom movie.

The whole time I was watching it, I was thinking if someone was to make a Doom movie again it would have to have this kind of vibe to it.

Over the top, against all odds with metal music playing. 

Now this is something I missed completely when I watched the movie. But now that you think about it, considering he played in the Doom movie such a reference isn't a surprise, except for the movie it's seen in (no I would have never expected a Doom reference in a superhero movie like Thor Ragnarok).

Yeah, the Doom movie... wauw. I like Karl Urban and he's doing alright in Thor with the few lines and appearences he has. But the Doom movie was such a huge let down for me that I've never watched it a 2nd time. It's almost as if Taika Waititi felt the same way and wanted to give Urban a proper Doom like scene. And I totally agree with you @pulkmees, that an entire movie with over the top scenes like this is what many of us would like to see! I'd sure as hell watch it and most certainly enjoy it!

You know..... yeah, it does resemble Doom box art, not to mention that it's karl urban lol

I didn't liked ragnarok that much since it was way too comic for my taste, but this was a nice easter egg