Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Quake Night

Krispavera said:

I had a problem like this once, are you playing in software or opengl mode?

Come to think of it I had this problem too, I fixed just by switching over to opengl.

KMQuake 2 doesn't seem to like my video card as all the models have hideous shading problems that make them almost appear cel shaded. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this.

I have Quake 2 up and running just fine with R1Q2, though.

arrrgh said:

Is this happening today or tomorrow?

Monday. Huy goes to this weird place for smart people called College and can only play on Monday and Wednesday.

I might show up late tomorrow if it's still going on. I probably won't be home and settled in until 6 west coast time, but if you guys are still going...

Depends on who's hosting. I currently have Quake 2 and its expansions installed along with the CTF mod. I can install Quake today and get it up and running if necessary too.

Edit:
What I mean by this is that I'm willing to play an Quake game as long as I know who is hosting and what needs to be setup.

It should work by setting the -game parameter. So if you have the first expansion which was by Hipnotic, your command line should look like "darkplaces.exe -game hipnotic". Unless you're running under Linux, in which case I'm not as sure how you load the expansions.

Bucket said:

And how do we set the path?

My bad, but the -game parameter is supposed to point to the directory that the mod is in. So if you have a Quake mod in "C:\Quake\AMod", than using "-game AMod" in the command line should set the game to use that mod.

Unless that's not what you're asking.

Technician said:

My suggestion would be Quake 2 co-op.

Quake 2 coop sounds great, especially since I have Quake 2 setup. Not that I can't play Quake, but I need to install it, the expansions and then setup Darkplaces.

Edit: According to the Darkplaces text file, it has built in support for the mission packs using the command line parameters -hipnotic and -rogue.