Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

DOOM REVIVAL : BEGINS NOW!!

i'm sure someone is gonna aim a bfg at my crotch when they see this, but to not be a 'n00b', you have to prove that you're good.

deathz0r said:

i'm sure someone is gonna aim a bfg at my crotch when they see this, but to not be a 'n00b', you have to prove that you're good.

Agreed! When/where...? ;-)

deathz0r said:

BOOM!!!

Heh, srry. I like to mess around with people's minds. Even if it's a bit difficult to find some of them... *looks at the red hooded freak*

I'm like, a semi-newbie myself. Been a member two years and all, but my activity here is very rare. Although, in terms of being a llame 'n00b' or not and proving I'm good - I'll let my next WAD project, Murderous Intent 2 decide that.

ALTHOugh, with older (Than I) members gone, like deadnail an Zaldron, I'm beginning to feel kinda old.

Heh, I'm a nwbie oldschooler who isn't really a newbe or oldschool.

Archaeo said:

I am a new member but I had doom when it first came out and it was the only thing I played for at least two tears. My friends thought I was an idiot for loving it so much. Then I found a big fat book at the store with a cd in it full of wads and best of all wad editors. It was the book with the blue demon on the front and it had around 900 pages.

Hey it's the Doom God's gaming guru! or something like that

Archaeo said:

I am a new member but I had doom when it first came out and it was the only thing I played for at least two tears. My friends thought I was an idiot for loving it so much. Then I found a big fat book at the store with a cd in it full of wads and best of all wad editors. It was the book with the blue demon on the front and it had around 900 pages. Then I was making tones of doom levels and by then my friends thought I must have brain damage but finally I got some of them to get into the game and those same friends are helping me with ideas for my new TC project and hopefully I will get at least parts of some levels from them.

I am afraid of Doom3. It just doesn’t look like it has the same feel to it and I’m scared that I’m going to hate it. I hope that it will still be doom to me. Oh and I hope they make it easy to edit.

Ditto to that first part, I'm a bit apprehensive myself and I don't think so, for that second half, editing it would intimidate me beyond reason at this point.

Well, I am a new user on this forum and the Doom community. :)
But I have played the game on and off since summer 96 (IIRC). The first years I only had the original Doom II, then I got Doom. (well, I found the episode 1 on some cd back there, and played 100s of times and still play it... :P).
I should have come some years before. But I first got Internet like 3years and I did't know that anybody else than me was playing the good old Doom. :)

A little story from me... :)

Well i've been here for a while, but i only have 201 posts as of the completion of this one (Got penalized for posting where i shouldn't have once...i don't know if many of you remember that...i think IMJack and Disorder also had the same thing happen to them.

Aside from that, my postcount isn't stellar, mostly because it ofter takes ~30 seconds for my comp to load up a DW page for some reason. I've also been pressed for time lately :( What i really want to do is to get to 250 to get a shiny new avatar, however, i'm gonna try not to spam in order to acheive that.

It was Tricks of the Doom Gurus. I have that and the second one, 3D Game Alchemy, which is just as thick and is sort of reddish with a big green dragon on the cover.

I got the 3D Game Alchemy book. Too bad it fell apart in half. Besides, scotch tape will only hold for so long, Shoulda used duct tape...

Edit: I learned a lot from that book, probably why I know some of the technical stuff. (too bad not much)