• HECK NO
  2. 2. Do you feel satified with the poduct

• Yes
    • NO
    • HECK NO
  3. 3. Would you recommend this product to a friend

• yes
    • no
    • I SAID NO NOW GIVE ME A REFUND OR I GRAB AN IMPS HEAD AND SHOVE IT IN A SHOTGUN

I have a new wad, I made it, i made the maps in it, the gender of the wad is "The ultimate doom". there are 4 maps. map 3 has a big boss. enjoy. If you hate this wad please dont put your anger out in the comment section with mean words (im not saying anyone has yet)

UPDATE: weapons have been changed, or at least the textures of some of them has been, im going to be honest, i was serious about the level design, i was new, im not good at designing levels, but the weapons THEY ARE MEANT TO BE MEMEY. except the shot gun. i will explain the shot gun. Doom guy grabbed an imps head and put it in the barrel of the shotgun because why not. He kinda forgot it was there. So when you fire the gun blood kinda spurts out, but oh well some people like that so yeah. 

EVEN NEWER UPDATE: added more levels, and no there is no super secret thing that happens if you load it in chex quest.

WHYYYYYYYYY UPDATE.zip

Edited by superboo07 : its clearly getting out of hand

I don't get it. Is it a wad you created yourself or was this made entirely with Oblige?

Also why is the wad only available for 14 days?

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

It'd be available for a lot long if you just told us the seed/settings you used to generate the map. It's not like we don't know what Oblige is, we could just generate the map ourselves. ;)

15 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

we could just generate the map ourselves. ;)

That's also why sharing generated maps here is rather frowned upon. Remember what happened to /idgames after Slige came out?

Downloaded it because I've never actually played an Oblige map.

First of all, you made me warp through 30 levels just to discover it was for Ultimate Doom.

Second, the custom monster that is what looks like a trooper, but shoots a volley of 17 rockets (By volley, I mean like how the Cyberdemon volleys 3 rockets then pauses).

Not for me.

I believe when SLIGE was released dumb people spammed SLIGE maps and Doomworld banned them. They should do the same with OBLIGE maps. You didnt make it, you generated it. Please make your own maps.

im still learning slade, i will upload my own, but slade isnt easy for someone that was building there wads in unity and converting the map into a doom one

Edited by superboo07 : made a mistake

10 hours ago, Magicana said:

Downloaded it because I've never actually played an Oblige map.

First of all, you made me warp through 30 levels just to discover it was for Ultimate Doom.

Second, the custom monster that is what looks like a trooper, but shoots a volley of 17 rockets (By volley, I mean like how the Cyberdemon volleys 3 rockets then pauses).

Not for me.

i know its ultimate doom, it doesnt change the fact that it is ultimate doom, even if i had made the map it would be made with ultimate doom. for the trooper thing, i dont even know, i beat doom, i beat doom 2, i beat doom 2016, but this wad, NOPE

I think Doomworld people are interested only in maps, where things like OBLIGE, SLIGE etc. was NOT used at all. Respect yourself, respect Doomworld and share maps which were made only by you. I have heard of Doom Builder 1, Doom Builder 2 programs to build maps.

I have seen older threads where some guys wanted to share their OBLIGE maps. After many bad comments they switched to: "i will make OBLIGE map with part of my own work". NO ONE cared, NO ONE wanted or needed that.

51 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

i know its ultimate doom, it doesnt change the fact that it is ultimate doom, even if i had made the map it would be made with ultimate doom. for the trooper thing, i dont even know, i beat doom, i beat doom 2, i beat doom 2016, but this wad, NOPE

The point is that if its an Ultimate Doom map you should say so - because the default assumption is Doom II

21 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

I believe when SLIGE was released dumb people spammed SLIGE maps and Doomworld banned them. They should do the same with OBLIGE maps. You didnt make it, you generated it. Please make your own maps.

My words exactly. I've got nothing against Oblige or random level generators as a whole (hell, I actually like them a lot), but passing generated levels off as something you made yourself is a big no-no. Think of it more as a "for personal use only" type of thing.

As far as using said maps as a base goes, I haven't seen any examples of people tuning up an Oblige map to look more man-made, so I can't say for sure. However, this wad is not that.

If that's the case, then it would've been better if you deleted this thread and made a new one. I just finished playing it and honestly, it's like something out of a mid-90's shovelware disk.

I hate to come off as rude, but I can't tell if you're just new to mapping, or if you're trying to troll us.

12 hours ago, superboo07 said:

im still learning slade, i will upload my own, but slade isnt easy for someone that was building there wads in unity and converting the map into a doom one

Use Doom Builder, simple as that.

7 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

im new

In that case, my best suggestion would be to take some time to learn about Doom Builder, and how it works. There are some tutorials elsewhere on Doomworld as well as on Youtube. Once you've gotten to grips with it, remember to not rush yourself when making your maps. Speedmapping is cool and all, but at the end of the day, refining your maps is crucial to making them look and play well.

I did, that was what i used to make the maps in the wad i just uploaded, IM not talking about the GOOD one that AN AI MADE, im talking about THE BAD ONE I MADE, also can someone tell me how to edit the textures of weapons in slade and have it show up in doom

im trying to change the weapon textures but i cant. They wont show up in doom, can someone tell me how to change the textures of the pistol weapon in doom, no matter what i do with the weapon textures they wont change in doom, can someone please just tell me how to change the textures of the pistol without editing my original doom wad. im trying to make custom textures for the pistol in this wad

1 minute ago, superboo07 said:

I did, that was what i used to make the maps in the wad i just uploaded, IM not talking about the GOOD one that AN AI MADE, im talking about THE BAD ONE I MADE

@superboo07 it's good that you now added it's for Ultimate Doom, but to get more people interested in your maps, it's best practice to follow the advice of this thread:

2 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

im trying to change the weapon textures but i cant. They wont show up in doom, can someone tell me how to change the textures of the pistol weapon in doom

You have ridiculously high expectations. You are not immortal. Step by step.

25 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

i wasnt saying it was mine, i just replaced this post with a new post. This time it contains a wad I made

Thank you for changing that.

This WAD is just one big shit post. This is the "big boss" at the end of E1M3

image.png.66312c7b7ec9f00051ba8fa32770e912.png

Also there is a 4th level which wasn't mentioned in the OP, and this is what it is.

image.png.c3cdc7243e86891cccab6c5e51bbf640.png

I'm both delighted and sad that I wasted 5 minutes playing this WAD.

Oh, i must have mixed up map 4 with map 3

also im going to realese a new update to the wad soon. sorry bout that. This update isnt too serious and its a bit memey but who cares cause doom guy has a shotgun and he put an imps head in it so yeah

It's all good, but I dont get how this is supposed to test to see how "realistic" maps can be with oblige, considering the last level is just one big square room.