Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Should I remaster Dark7 or leave it alone?

A remaster of Dark7  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I remaster Dark7 with GZDoom effects?

• Yes
    • No. Leave it alone

As long as the original is still around and as long as it generally stays faithful to the original, I'd say go for it, seems to be a remaster year this year after all.

Go remaster it, I say. Many new players deserve to know older mods through the means of a remastered version of them.

As for GZDoom effects, as long as they aren't so abundant as to slow down several devices, go for it as well.

Hey, I just redownload this! I do enjoy replaying this one with gameplay mods, so maybe updated difficulty for UV would be neat.

7 hours ago, Salahmander2 said:

As long as the original is still around and as long as it generally stays faithful to the original, I'd say go for it, seems to be a remaster year this year after all.

^This. I say go for it.

I loved the original, it would be great to see updated lighting and some flash with the effects.

If you decide to remaster the Mission Pack, I honestly had a very frustrating time on UV thanks to a severe lack of ammo in most of the maps. I'd say that could use a repass for balancing issues. Unless I was supposed to be punching barons and archviles.

This is what I posted over at zdoom.org on what I plan to do:

Dark7:
-More arches and slopes to give it a more realistic less boxy design.
-Remove all sector and color based lighting in place of dynamic lights.
-Make the train using 3d floors (so it wont be attached to the ceiling and floor).
-A little more varied textures here and there (OTEX Textures). Thanks for the find irukanjji !!
-Replace the low res Titlepic, Interpic, and the Sky texture for high res texture skybox.
-Add a few decorate stuff(snow effects, laser beams).

Dark7mpk:

-Remove sector and colored lighting in place of dynamic lights.

-High res Titlepic, Interpic

-Varied textures

-Fix a music glitch

-Add decorate stuff

Also I will keep the core games untouched so not to take away from whats been established....