Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Sir what are you planning to do with MAP06? I really adore that map and the midi that comes with it. That isn't that much of a difficult map to be moved way towards the end of the maplist.. just saying :|

MAP06 is filled with GSTONE and other hellish textures, but the rest of the first "episode" (i.e. MAP01-MAP11) with the exception of MAP04 and MAP07* are techbase-style maps. It could of course be re-textured, but I think that would be doing it an even bigger disservice than moving it.

How about this: MAP06 gets merged with the current MAP28. MAP22 and MAP28 are then swapped over. The new MAP22 uses the MAP06 music, and the MAP28 music remains the same.

* MAP07 gets a pass because of the precedent set by Doom 2 MAP07, and of course the Arachnotron/Mancubus effects don't work in other slots.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

20 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

How about this: MAP06 gets merged with the current MAP28. MAP22 and MAP28 are then swapped over. The new MAP22 uses the MAP06 music, and the MAP28 music remains the same.

Alright. Also, the screenshots of your new MAP04 and MAP06 look really cool!

Added some monsters in my previously extended caves in MAP15, and added an extra small cave extension with an Archvile closet trap and the blue key card.

NEGATIVEONE_v2.13.rar

Edited by Rosh Fragger

40 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

changed pistol sound since the old one was very annoying when firing repeatedly

The old pistol sounds were better imho. These new one's don't seem to sound very pleasing coming from the Chaingun. The old pistol sound had that realistic empty bullet shell falling sound toward the end as well which this one lacks.. Anyway, let's wait and see what others have to say on the new sounds..

Also, do we reeeeally need the Freedoom Archvile sprites? :p Doesn't seem to blend in very nicely with the rest of the more polished looking enemies.

Edited by Rosh Fragger

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Also, do we reeeeally need the Freedoom Archvile sprites? :p Doesn't seem to blend in very nicely with the rest of the more polished looking enemies.

I agree. Unfortunately due to the amount of frames the Arch-Vile uses, it's difficult finding existing custom monsters than can easily replace it (unless its behaviour is drastically changed in DeHackEd of course). Personally I would prefer a recoloured Diabolist over the FD Arch-Vile. There's also the "Octaminator" that raymoohawk was making for Freedom, but I don't know if that was ever finished?

Edited by NiGHTMARE

3 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

The files getting big so we might have to use dropbox links now.

anyway I changed the ssg graphics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzs5uobrzjcxwuc/NEGATIVEONE_v2.15.wad.zip?dl=0

we should probably standardise a website for files now it's too big to put on doomworld comments

i agree, ill try getting a geocities for hosting up and running soon

6 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

i agree, ill try getting a geocities for hosting up and running soon

maybe we should stick to dropbox? less complicated and most people will have already used it

can the next person to edit please revert the commander keen changes, it doesn't fit at all and might break the rules on dumb stuff being added

6 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

can the next person to edit please revert the commander keen changes, it doesn't fit at all and might break the rules on dumb stuff being added

ill do you one better--i'll move the changes to another actor entirely and they'll only show up in map32

38 minutes ago, CBM said:

done...

added myself to hall of fame (map 32)

NEGATIVEONE_v2.16.zip

https://ufile.io/uxz6r21i

can you please link through dropbox, that site is very sketchy and windows blocked the download as a virus

23 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

can you please link through dropbox, that site is very sketchy and windows blocked the download as a virus

installing dropbox now... it is taking ages

Hey, I might do some additions to Map04 if nobody has claimed it - it looks like it was just started, tbh (based off the version from above)

EDIT: Yeaaa this really is a small map, we can definitely extend this more considering the length of the other maps before and after it

Just now, Obsidian Plague said:

hold off before making any edits i have to fix 2.17

what's the issue with it, it works perfectly fine for me

3 minutes ago, Athel said:

Hey, I might do some additions to Map04 if nobody has claimed it - it looks like it was just started, tbh (based off the version from above)

EDIT: Yeaaa this really is a small map, we can definitely extend this more considering the length of the other maps before and after it

please make it a racing map!

Can somebody add my avatar as a texture? (i totally dont know how to use slide :c )

Just now, waciej said:

Can somebody add my avatar as a texture? (i totally dont know how to use slide :c )

i will do it! ^.=.^