Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownloadTheseSweetViruses

how do you make a building in Doom Builder

You make a sector that goes from the floor to the ceiling for the general shape. For the corridors, you just create sectors with appropriate ceiling and floor levels.

10 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Alternatively, you can try following the more compact tutorials hosted on Doom wiki.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Editing

1 hour ago, Stabbey said:

I think you might want to check out these basic tutorials:

Thank you guys, also I hope I don't anyone with these stupid questions just got started doom wadding like 2 weeks ago

5 hours ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

Thank you guys, also I hope I don't anyone with these stupid questions just got started doom wadding like 2 weeks ago

dw about it, it's good to see more people getting into modding, and the forums are here to help people out.

I usually draw a sector the size of a building and then delete it and start making interior rooms starting with entrace. That's assuming I didn't start with interior and then drew the outdoors.

1. Make an outdoor area with F_SKY1 as the ceiling.

2. Draw a sector within the outdoor area.

3. Delete that sector, this turns the two sided lines into one sided lines.

4. You can add doors, rooms, to where that former sector existed. That is your building.

Your question reminds me of my first unreleased map ever, where I wanted to make a city-like part. Lets just say I don't think I even knew about the room-over-room limitations when I started editing...

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

dw about it, it's good to see more people getting into modding, and the forums are here to help people out.

Thanks, also I saw your video on how to make custom doom level names (atleast I think it's you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfQWZNliozM

5 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I usually draw a sector the size of a building and then delete it and start making interior rooms starting with entrace. That's assuming I didn't start with interior and then drew the outdoors.

2 hours ago, pcorf said:

1. Make an outdoor area with F_SKY1 as the ceiling.

2. Draw a sector within the outdoor area.

3. Delete that sector, this turns the two sided lines into one sided lines.

4. You can add doors, rooms, to where that former sector existed. That is your building.

Thanks for the tutorial. But what will deleting it do? (Just Curious).

1 hour ago, DSC said:

Your question reminds me of my first unreleased map ever, where I wanted to make a city-like part. Lets just say I don't think I even knew about the room-over-room limitations when I started editing...

How old where you when you made it?

3 hours ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

How old where you when you made it?

It wasn't that long ago, I only recently started mapping.

A basic way of thinking: everything you see in from is made of little regions called sectors. When editing, you just make the shape of the sector and choose the floor and ceiling height.

Windows are sectors with a higher floor and lower ceiling than those around them.

Highly advise that one you've got the basics you find and watch some mapping streams. Dragonfly's were incredibly helpful to me and taught me a lot of tricks that improved my skill. You can find them on YouTube. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/Dragonfly_Doom