Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

52 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Gonna summon @Biodegradable to playtest this bad boy

Couldn't get past the bit with the Archvile/Zombiemen ambush. I'm too underpowered and have nowhere to go. Trying to run away just leads me to being ambushed further by more enemies in a crowded tunnel. Feels really unbalanced given I only have a regular shotgun at this point.

15 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Couldn't get past the bit with the Archvile/Zombiemen ambush. I'm too underpowered and have nowhere to go. Trying to run away just leads me to being ambushed further by more enemies in a crowded tunnel. Feels really unbalanced given I only have a regular shotgun at this point.

On medium and easy there's a green armor in the archie room, with a secret plasma in reach. Did you find those? :^) 

Don't forget the chaingun as well.

Regardless, thanks for the help!

Name: Ederlezi

IWAD: Doom II

Map format: Doom II

Textures: stock only

MIDI: 'The Basso' (traditional Romani song)

Difficulties: HMP and UV. The latter can be rather unforgiving.

Anyone mind giving this a spin and tell me if something is utterly borked? I usually map almost exclusively for UDMF and am somewhat unfamiliar with visplane woes and complevels. The map is pretty basic so shouldn't really be incompatible with anything.

As mentioned, the concept for the map is 'facerocket'. Whether it's your face or theirs, you decide! It's map slot 23 so it shouldn't be busting but also not a complete pushover. Some spatial awareness required. 

s0yKxN5.png

4 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Name: Ederlezi

IWAD: Doom II

Map format: Doom II

Textures: stock only

MIDI: 'The Basso' (traditional Romani song)

Difficulties: HMP and UV. The latter can be rather unforgiving.

Anyone mind giving this a spin and tell me if something is utterly borked? I usually map almost exclusively for UDMF and am somewhat unfamiliar with visplane woes and complevels. The map is pretty basic so shouldn't really be incompatible with anything.

As mentioned, the concept for the map is 'facerocket'. Whether it's your face or theirs, you decide! It's map slot 23 so it shouldn't be busting but also not a complete pushover. Some spatial awareness required. 

s0yKxN5.png

I can playtest if for you today, lokk.

This one's perfectly vanilla-compatible, right?

Just now, Mr. Kong said:

I can playtest if for you today, lokk.

This one's perfectly vanilla-compatible, right?

Ahem.. caught an untagged door literally 3 secs after uploading XD new version on as we speak.

Thanks! Should be vanilla-compatible unless I messed something up fierce. Tested with a few complevels in DSDA Doom and LGBoom+ and everything was working fine. Chocolate Doom I could never get to run period, so didn't test. If you could, that'd be golden. 

3 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Big question: Are we allowed to intentionally use engine quirks (such as self-referencing sectors)?

@forgettable pyromaniac's MAP01 uses fake deep water, so I'd assume yes.

1 hour ago, Thelokk said:

Ahem.. caught an untagged door literally 3 secs after uploading XD new version on as we speak.

Thanks! Should be vanilla-compatible unless I messed something up fierce. Tested with a few complevels in DSDA Doom and LGBoom+ and everything was working fine. Chocolate Doom I could never get to run period, so didn't test. If you could, that'd be golden. 

Here's my demo, lokk: Ederlezi_fleabag.7z.

Tested in Choco 3.0.0, in UV. Got all 77 kills, but 0/ 4 secrets. Better get my eyesight checked.

Very cool, bite-sized and gimmicky map. I had to save and reload a couple of times though, as only using the RL in close-quarters, couple with some surprise Viles here and there, were a bit for me to try and do a saveless run with.

Couple of notes:

- The room with the trap that triggers teleporting HK and Pinkies is really random, so I found it easier to bottleneck the monsters through the front door. However, I had to constantly open it up just as it was about to close because, if it closes with the player on the outside of the room, it becomes impossible to open again, leading to the player getting potentially stuck in that section;

- As I decided to grab the Berserk pack before grabbing the yellow key, I once again became stuck and had to IDCLIP to resume my progress, as I couldn't get back up to the room with the key and the lift, so I had to go all the way around only to find a missing pillar. So that might be an issue as well;

Hope this feedback's useful.
Also, the old library's looking great, with all those blood soaked ancient tomes of knowledge and whatnot.

Good stuff.

PS: Also, this is how one of the messages shows up in Choco, with the new font:

DOOM00.png.f4bd7e15c5b1f6e3b0098b9107964f5b.png

20 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

Here's my demo, lokk: Ederlezi_fleabag.7z.

Tested in Choco 3.0.0, in UV. Got all 77 kills, but 0/ 4 secrets. Better get my eyesight checked.

Very cool, bite-sized and gimmicky map. I had to save and reload a couple of times though, as only using the RL in close-quarters, couple with some surprise Viles here and there, were a bit for me to try and do a saveless run with.

Couple of notes:

- The room with the trap that triggers teleporting HK and Pinkies is really random, so I found it easier to bottleneck the monsters through the front door. However, I had to constantly open it up just as it was about to close because, if it closes with the player on the outside of the room, it becomes impossible to open again, leading to the player getting potentially stuck in that section;

- As I decided to grab the Berserk pack before grabbing the yellow key, I once again became stuck and had to IDCLIP to resume my progress, as I couldn't get back up to the room with the key and the lift, so I had to go all the way around only to find a missing pillar. So that might be an issue as well;

Hope this feedback's useful.
Also, the old library's looking great, with all those blood soaked ancient tomes of knowledge and whatnot.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the playtest! There is actually meant to be only one secret, probably tagged multiple sectors by mistakes and didn't notice the number (maybe *I* should get my eyesight checked lol). Notes sound good, will get to ironing out the kinks asap.

I'm usually accused of making my maps too easy, hopefully I didn't overzeal in the other direction this time XD 

Edit: just uploaded a  version with a couple of fixes if anyone else feels like giving it a try. 

Edited by Thelokk

1 hour ago, Thelokk said:

It do need to run in choccy doom, so might need to figure out what's up. This happened to someone else earlier, too.

3 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Big question: Are we allowed to intentionally use engine quirks (such as self-referencing sectors)?

go for it, mate.

SR, gonna look at the Map02 in a sec, it was late when you tagged me lmao

14 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

Also, this is how one of the messages shows up in Choco, with the new font:

.deh fixes that by making the message shorter.

@forgettable pyromaniac I made some very minor changes to the map since I submitted it, but the older version is completely playable. Biodegradable was able to get though it just fine on UV. There's a couple slime trails because UDB's node builder is a bit goofy, but no visplane overflows, and it sticks to the soft limit of 100

12 minutes ago, Shibainumaster said:

while it's not too late,@Forgettable Pyromaniac can you tell us what's the deadline?

I second this. 5 maps is a lot on my plate, haha. I'm gonna start the meat grinder that is MAP29 tonight.

47 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

https://litter.catbox.moe/bh67gu.lmp for map02, damn that's tough. I like it :)

Also good super metroid music :D

For 
Ederlezi:
https://litter.catbox.moe/cj6j1w.lmp
https://litter.catbox.moe/z6ls53.lmp

I got the same bug in chocolate doom twice.

(Both of these are chocolate doom 3.0.1)

Playing back demos on Choco goes a little beyond my tech knowledge - I literally use Choco, like, once a month at the most and never playbacked a demo. Any tutorial so I can take a look at the runs? :)

Playing back demos on Choco goes a little beyond my tech knowledge - I literally use Choco, like, once a month at the most and never playbacked a demo. Any tutorial so I can take a look at the runs? :)

.bat file (make it from a .txt file)

it should be something like

chocolate-doom.exe -iwad doom2 -file (wadname).wad -deh (dehacked).deh -playdemo (demoname).lmp

5 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Map05 is finished! I'm more than willing to update the map if anyithing feels off, this is a community project afterall 

MMDW.zip

Need it playtested?

9 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Map05 is finished! I'm more than willing to update the map if anyithing feels off, this is a community project afterall

https://litter.catbox.moe/of977c.lmp

2 megas and a soul feel like a bit much for such a small amount of enemies, but I like the layout you got goin on here!

Just now, forgettable pyromaniac said:

https://litter.catbox.moe/of977c.lmp

2 megas and a soul feel like a bit much for such a small amount of enemies, but I like the layout you got goin on here!

Maybe i should replace one of the megas for another soul? The last mega is mostly there for people who dont pistol start and want full health for the next map

OH SHIT I JUST REALISED I FORGOT TO ADD DEATHMATCH PLAYER STARTS 1 SECOND

So, I fixed the issues pointed out in my map, except for one. I noticed all of the demos didn't have any music, and I imagine it's because my dear old MAPINFO lump does not play well with vanilla ports. Should I use the good 'ol D_RUNNIN thingy? or is it a different issue?

So, I fixed the issues pointed out in my map, except for one. I noticed all of the demos didn't have any music, and I imagine it's because my dear old MAPINFO lump does not play well with vanilla ports. Should I use the good 'ol D_RUNNIN thingy? or is it a different issue?

Mine had music, as far as I remember.

55 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

MMDW.zip Alright i updated it to add multiplayer only weapons, and a few more deathmatch starts

Here's my demo, noob: MMDW_kong.7z

Played on Choco 3.0.0, skill 4, got 75/ 76 kills, and 1/ 3 secrets.

I definitely see it working as a DM map. Overall, I liked it.

Felt a little like an original DOOM map, which's a good thing, in my opinion.

I am sadly total shit at DM, so I would be very little help in making one that's even halfway decent. If it's absolutely necessary, I could still give it a spin.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

Mine had music, as far as I remember.

Ah ok, probably some setting error on my end. Was it too, ahem, jarring compared to usual doom fare?