Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

[Community Project] Morior Invictus (It's fucking done, finally.)

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Cool to see this project made, good luck with it! Theme can be anything time travel related, right?

it's time travel related so that the theme could be anything - so nobody has to stick to a specific theme for an episode or anything.

one level could be a jungle, and the next could be a techbase, for instance.

5 hours ago, King Know-Nothing said:

Mentioned it in the other thread, but figure I should put my hat officially in the official thread. I am down for this project.

well, you gotta let me know what you wanna help make so I can put you on the post :p

I decided on what the first level should be:
Not quite Jungle, but more of a Jungle-Base.
You start in a wall so when you open the door, you're slightly inside the walll, and I made little bricks to better show that:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.1b44f0183e1f6a7bd4ba954f2d6d4297.PNG

I also made the view from the window... Not so impressive :p

Spoiler

Capture2.PNG.ac0bf954467955e7767947ca20b4147f.PNG

But yea, I think this'll turn out pretty good already.

3 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

well, you gotta let me know what you wanna help make so I can put you on the post :p

My apologies there. Taken by tiredness last night, my brain must have omitted writing that part down for some ungodly reason haha. But yeah, will take an early map slot, map 04 if specifics are needed.

I'll take Map12, if you don't mind. I love seeing projects spontaneously come together like in the last thread. It's how Community Chest came about too. Beautiful stuff.

30 minutes ago, King Know-Nothing said:

My apologies there. Taken by tiredness last night, my brain must have omitted writing that part down for some ungodly reason haha. But yeah, will take an early map slot, map 04 if specifics are needed.

Up on the list!

21 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'll take Map12, if you don't mind. I love seeing projects spontaneously come together like in the last thread. It's how Community Chest came about too. Beautiful stuff.

Alrighty, Map12 it is!

15 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

I'll take MAP03, if that's ok.

Map03 it be

5 minutes ago, Shibainumaster said:

Can i take MAP07?

Gotchu too!

11 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

- SSG and Pistol muzzle flashes fixed

What's to fix for the pistol flash frame? By default it's the correct duration.

17 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

What's to fix for the pistol flash frame? By default it's the correct duration.

it is 7, but the pistol frame for shooting is 6. I lowered the flash frame to 6 to compensate.

11 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

@forgettable pyromaniac I'll do map 10.

I'll throw you on the list!

11 minutes ago, LGmaire said:

Think I have the time to make a map, this really interests me. Especially with that whole time travel theme.

I'll take the map09 slot, if that's okay.

Completely fine with me :)

Hey, @forgettable pyromaniac.

I'm no mapper, but this seems like my kind of jam. Plus Gibs and Dusty signed up, and they're my proverbial Doomers-in-arms.

I'd like to pitch in as a playtester for this Megawad, if you're interested.

Edited by Mr. Kong

13 minutes ago, Mr. Kong said:

Hey, @forgettable pyromaniac.

I'm no mapper, but this seems like my kind of jam. Plus Gibs and Dusty signed up, and they're my proverbial Doomers-in-arms.

I'd like to pitch in as a playtester for this Megawad, if you're interested.

That sounds like a plan, my guy. I can throw you up as a playtester so you can see what's up before inital release.

8 minutes ago, Shibainumaster said:

I hope you'll like this M_DOOM patch:M_D..png.3acd56840c4ce62cb684b59387b79071.png

BRUH HOW THAT LOOKS AMAZING
(Whippity wine, your png is mine)

6 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

MAP23 if I might.

MAP23, if you may!

38 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

it is 7, but the pistol frame for shooting is 6. I lowered the flash frame to 6 to compensate.

This actually isn't necessary despite seeming so. If you test it out in a non-ZDoom port you'll discover that setting the flash frame to 6 actually causes it to disappear juuuust before the next frame begins. For whatever reason flash frames tend to last a tic shorter than their duration (maybe half a tic?) so changing the pistol muzzle flash isn't necessary.

5 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

This actually isn't necessary despite seeming so. If you test it out in a non-ZDoom port you'll discover that setting the flash frame to 6 actually causes it to disappear juuuust before the next frame begins. For whatever reason flash frames tend to last a tic shorter than their duration (maybe half a tic?) so changing the pistol muzzle flash isn't necessary.

I'd still perfer it under flash than over flash, personally. ever since i saw that, it kills me. same with the SSG.

To get the M_DOOM to look proper, I had to cut it. It does still look pretty good!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.f4ef7c4f8344873ee7a5e4e55b27c0b6.PNG

On a different note, what do you guys think of this midi i threw together for the titlescreen?
A Skate Through Time.7z

This is really intresting, Id love to make a map for this. However i didnt fully understand the "story", so if im going to make a map im gonna need some help from you (forgettable pyromaniac) to understand it. if you have the time to do that i think this could be something fun to map

May I have MAP 17? Also, two questions:

1) What's the timetable for this project? A due date would help me juggle my time and (in the worst case scenario) give enough warning if I can't complete my map.

2) You base wad is a 7z file, which I'm unable to open on my end. Is there another format you could save it in?

EDIT: Got it downloaded, no need for further accommodations.

Edited by MtPain27 : Update

Just now, noob_killer012345678 said:

This is really intresting, Id love to make a map for this. However i didnt fully understand the "story", so if im going to make a map im gonna need some help from you (forgettable pyromaniac) to understand it. if you have the time to do that i think this could be something fun to map

Quite literally just going through time & space to get Daisy's soul back from the demons.

They go forward in time to take the soul as they know they're going to lose to give Doomguy a nice "Screw you, this is ours!"

1 minute ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Quite literally just going through time & space to get Daisy's soul back from the demons.

They go forward in time to take the soul as they know they're going to lose to give Doomguy a nice "Screw you, this is ours!"

If you don't mind, might I be credited on the forum post and the WAD .txt file for the story? :^)