Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Jeff

2 ENEMY COMMUNITY PROJECT [DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

If you guys haven't already, please go and read the feedback I posted about some of your maps in the RC1 thread. Plenty of maps in the wad are great already, however some still need some polishing and re-tooling. FYI, if I seem harsh on anyone's map in that post it's not personal it's just that I think you can do better.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

@Thatonespymain RC 1.5: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8ug6sqhz3yckjj/AACw0fduUwWb62qE_SFwQqDya?dl=0

- Changed Title screen music to "Ashtray" (by yours truly)

- Added 3 demo files so that it doesn't look weird when the demos autoplay on the title screen

Don't forget to compile the README.txt file. It's important for when it gets to idgames.

lemme update the release thread

RC1.6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sK0DUFLnGZtDrA7u6L0chqqwi5LYNebR/view?usp=share_link

Changes:

• Map 03 - new version 5 (from author)
  • Map 22 - fixed softlock in first room secret (added wall action to get out)
  • Map 25 - fixed softlock in BSK fight with key not teleporting in if destination blocked (now looping BSK inside the tp closet)
  • MAP 26 - fixed crushers in final fight, removed secret from plasma rifle (from author)
  • Map 30 - fixed broken extra secret sector in invuln secret (100% secrets should be possible now)
  • Map 39 - changed Romero head at the end to a walkover exit (it's a monster by project rules and we somehow missed that)
  • map 42 - fixed a HOM, fixed blue armor item bump at the "Hard" switch

The painful topic of map 38 needs a decision on what to do with it @Thatonespymain:

• edit it to make difficulty reasonable - I'm not into doing that, #notmyfuckingjob
  • boot it for unreasonable difficulty - quite honestly it trips my troll map senses given its state and author's lack of post history on DW outside this very thread
  • move to a secret slot with a "warning this is really unfair" text screen (I'm open to editing my own map for a secret exit) or idclev-only slot
  • keep it as-is - I don't see that as a good option, but if that's your call I'll follow suit
Edited by Doomy__Doom

Big thank you to @Vortale for his playthrough of 2-Enemy CP RC1.5 on Twitch. Here's the link to the vods. There's plenty of instances where some maps have some errors or softlocks or generally weird design decisions, so watch them and make edits to your maps accordingly (Thank You, Vortale, for uploading the vods to YouTube so that we can have an archive of it).

0:00 - Map01
13:17 - Map02
17:20 - Map03
37:46 - Map04
46:05 - Map05
1:12:19 - Map41
1:34:13 - Map06
1:38:57 - Map07
1:48:53 - Map08
1:59:39 - Map09
2:15:42 - Map10
2:26:13 - Map11
2:24:27 - Map12
2:41:00 - Map13
2:51:04 - Map14
3:07:46 - Map15
3:23:54 - Map16
3:47:08 - Map17
3:55:10 - Map18
3:58:37 - Map19
4:14:16 - Map20
4:26:00 - Map21
4:33:51 - Map22
4:41:24 - Map23
4:52:33 - Map24
5:07:19 - Map25
5:20:18 - Map26
5:30:46 - Map27
5:40:00 - Map28
5:44:13 - Map29
5:48:11 - Map30
6:01:43 - Map31
6:19:59 - Map32
6:24:07 - Map42
7:01:12 - Map33
7:19:22 - Map34
7:28:41 - Map35
7:43:10 - Map36
8:00:35 - Map37
8:05:47 - Map38
8:18:45 - Map39
8:24:41 - Map40
8:32:22 - Final Thoughts

(NOTE: he played the RC1.5 version of the wad at the time, so if there's some discrepancy between what mapping errors he found then and what is present in the most current version don't be alarmed.)

Edited by Emperor S P O O N : Vortale generously uploaded the vods to YouTube so now embeds work.

@Keyboard_Doomer @Custom Longplay @Zahid @Vortale
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. This helped me a lot in fine-tuning the map and, I hope, making it more fun for everyone.
I looked at the replays, Twitch VOD, YouTube videos and read the comments and made modifications. The map has far fewer switches, slightly fewer enemies and I hope it is more intuitive/fun to play.

As always, feedbacks are welcome. I'm sure the map is not perfect yet.

Changelog V5 :
-----------------

- Removed several switches.
- Removed a lot of unnecessary items. 100% items is now a lot easier.
* Made the Chaingun accessible a lot earlier.
* Corrected a cheese method at the circular teleporter puzzle.
* Corrected a monster closet that never worked. 100% kill is now possible.
+ Added bright blinking lights to indicate switches.
+ Added torches to guide player along the main path.
+ Added stairs that activate near the end of the level to make backtracking/searching for secrets easier.

Dissolution of the Flesh V5.zip

22 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Changelog V5 :

Added to the 1.6 (same post above)

What happened to the cave at the start though? I thought it was neat that map02 ends in a dark cavey path and map03 begins with doomguy emerging from the cave :)

3 minutes ago, Doomy__Doom said:

What happened to the cave at the start though? I thought it was neat that map02 ends in a dark cavey path and map03 begins with doomguy emerging from the cave :)

Several people were confused and tried to enter it multiple times. I just wanted to avoid unnecessary confusion.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:36 AM, Doomy__Doom said:

The painful topic of map 38 needs a decision on what to do with it @Thatonespymain:

• edit it to make difficulty reasonable - I'm not into doing that, #notmyfuckingjob
  • boot it for unreasonable difficulty - quite honestly it trips my troll map senses given its state and author's lack of post history on DW outside this very thread
  • move to a secret slot with a "warning this is really unfair" text screen (I'm open to editing my own map for a secret exit) or idclev-only slot
  • keep it as-is - I don't see that as a good option, but if that's your call I'll follow suit

@Thatonespymain Please check your Doomworld account more often. This, above, needs to be addressed.

EDIT: I have a map in the works just in case we do decide to outright replace Map38, so don't fret too much.

23 hours ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Big thank you to @Vortale for his playthrough of 2-Enemy CP RC1.5 on Twitch. Here's the link to the vods. There's plenty of instances where some maps have some errors or softlocks or generally weird design decisions, so watch them and make edits to your maps accordingly (Thank You, Vortale, for uploading the vods to YouTube so that we can have an archive of it).

I've got two small things I want to address. I'll add in an update soon.

Well, since it's been too long after we asked the project lead about Map38, I decided I should make a new map to replace it with myself. It utilizes the same monster combo without being trollish in the impossible sense. You'd still need fancy footwork to get through it, but it's not the tedious kind that breaks keyboards.

ChuggingWaste.zip

On 4/1/2023 at 9:46 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

0:00 - Map01
13:17 - Map02
17:20 - Map03
37:46 - Map04
46:05 - Map05
1:12:19 - Map41
1:34:13 - Map06
1:38:57 - Map07
1:48:53 - Map08
1:59:39 - Map09
2:15:42 - Map10
2:26:13 - Map11
2:24:27 - Map12
2:41:00 - Map13
2:51:04 - Map14
3:07:46 - Map15
3:23:54 - Map16
3:47:08 - Map17
3:55:10 - Map18
3:58:37 - Map19
4:14:16 - Map20
4:26:00 - Map21
4:33:51 - Map22
4:41:24 - Map23
4:52:33 - Map24
5:07:19 - Map25
5:20:18 - Map26
5:30:46 - Map27
5:40:00 - Map28
5:44:13 - Map29
5:48:11 - Map30
6:01:43 - Map31
6:19:59 - Map32
6:24:07 - Map42
7:01:12 - Map33
7:19:22 - Map34
7:28:41 - Map35
7:43:10 - Map36
8:00:35 - Map37
8:05:47 - Map38
8:18:45 - Map39
8:24:41 - Map40
8:32:22 - Final Thoughts

(NOTE: he played the RC1.5 version of the wad at the time, so if there's some discrepancy between what mapping errors he found then and what is present in the most current version don't be alarmed.)

I watched the part of the stream that contained my map & I decided I agree with @Vortale's thoughts (thanks for those & for playing bye the way...) on those frontal cybers needing to get crushed when you press that secret switch, so I made it happen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6q5pisp8oxy37b/Cyberdemonic sin - 2 enemy CP version_5.zip?dl=0

On 4/6/2023 at 7:32 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

Well, since it's been too long after we asked the project lead about Map38, I decided I should make a new map to replace it with myself. It utilizes the same monster combo without being trollish in the impossible sense. You'd still need fancy footwork to get through it, but it's not the tedious kind that breaks keyboards.

ChuggingWaste.zip

Massively better, big fan.

Updated to RC 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_FWs3ZjBdJq6DmXHarcMdGT7WuHBPoq/view?usp=share_link

Changes (from 1.5, since that's still up in the release thread):

Map 03 - new version 5 (from author)

Map 22 - fixed softlock in first room secret (added wall action to get out)

Map 25 - fixed softlock in BSK fight with key not teleporting in if destination blocked (now looping BSK inside the tp closet)

MAP 26 - fixed crushers in final fight, removed secret from plasma rifle (from author)

Map 30 - fixed broken extra secret sector in invuln secret (100% secrets should be possible now)

Map 38 - replaced with new map - Chugging Waste. Old map 38 now resides in slot 50 (idclev-only).

Map 39 - changed Romero head at the end to a walkover exit (it's a monster by project rules and we somehow missed that)

Map 40 - added crushers to frontal IoS cyberdemons (from author)

Map 42 - fixed a HOM, fixed blue armor item bump at the "Hard" switch (from author)

Map 43 - new short credit/thanks for playing map (entered after map 40) with each monster and a list of authors that used said monster

On 4/8/2023 at 7:50 AM, Doomy__Doom said:

Updated to RC 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_FWs3ZjBdJq6DmXHarcMdGT7WuHBPoq/view?usp=share_link

Changes (from 1.5, since that's still up in the release thread):

Map 03 - new version 5 (from author)

Map 22 - fixed softlock in first room secret (added wall action to get out)

Map 25 - fixed softlock in BSK fight with key not teleporting in if destination blocked (now looping BSK inside the tp closet)

MAP 26 - fixed crushers in final fight, removed secret from plasma rifle (from author)

Map 30 - fixed broken extra secret sector in invuln secret (100% secrets should be possible now)

Map 38 - replaced with new map - Chugging Waste. Old map 38 now resides in slot 50 (idclev-only).

Map 39 - changed Romero head at the end to a walkover exit (it's a monster by project rules and we somehow missed that)

Map 40 - added crushers to frontal IoS cyberdemons (from author)

Map 42 - fixed a HOM, fixed blue armor item bump at the "Hard" switch (from author)

Map 43 - new short credit/thanks for playing map (entered after map 40) with each monster and a list of authors that used said monster

@Thatonespymain Don't forget to update the RC thread with this version.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

@Thatonespymain Don't forget to update the RC thread with this version.

oh shit sorry i forgot i had doomworld

Ok, @Thatonespymain, it's been too long. Don't take this the wrong way, but we need a final release. Now or never. Hack up a README.txt file, rename the wad to fit into 8 characters, and push it to the Idgames archive. We can't put it off any longer.

If you need a tutorial about how to do all that, here's one:

On 6/8/2023 at 2:12 AM, Emperor S P O O N said:

Hack up a README.txt file, rename the wad to fit into 8 characters, and push it to the Idgames archive. We can't put it off any longer.

Considering @Thatonespymain has not logged in for a month, I went ahead and submitted current RC as the upload. Will update when it's up.

I didn't find some of the music credits in 27 pages of dev hell, but quite frankly yet another comb through all the pages is not on my schedule any time soon.

42 minutes ago, Doomy__Doom said:

Considering @Thatonespymain has not logged in for a month, I went ahead and submitted current RC as the upload. Will update when it's up.

I didn't find some of the music credits in 27 pages of dev hell, but quite frankly yet another comb through all the pages is not on my schedule any time soon.

I followed up with him on Discord and let him know of this. Seemed fine with it. Thanks for trying to move this forward.

I never did get that update in, but no bigs. It was minor stuff for what equates to a relatively quick speedmap, on my part. Cheers!

Just now, Death Bear said:

I followed up with him on Discord and let him know of this. Seemed fine with it. Thanks for trying to move this forward.

Thanks for doing that for me I really appreciate it 

On 6/15/2023 at 11:08 AM, Doomy__Doom said:

I can't seem to find the wad on idgames. Can you check to see if you have an email regarding the upload? If so, check to see if it says anything about a problem with the upload.

7 minutes ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

I can't seem to find the wad on idgames. Can you check to see if you have an email regarding the upload? If so, check to see if it says anything about a problem with the upload.

I replied to the standard procedure upload confirmation email ~18 hours ago. Last time I uploaded something to idgames, it took a couple days after that, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Just now, Doomy__Doom said:

I replied to the standard procedure upload confirmation email ~18 hours ago.

Okay. Just seemed like it was taking a hot minute. Sorry.

I know it's too late, but there is a bug in MAP20: the first yellow skull key can be opened from the other by the nazis, thus you can skip the key. Fortunately, you can still finish the map if you choose to use such opportunity.