Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kebab_Hill12

Twitter is rebranding to X

On 8/19/2023 at 9:58 PM, Panzermann11 said:

Looks like I made my choice, then. It's better Jack or Parag than Elon for me. At least he'll probably leave the site alone rather than ruining it with unnecessary decisions and changes.

I personally think Eugen is a better bet.

...and i've never used twitter or whatever it calls itself these days... my attention span requires more lasting insults and verbal slights; too short a format for me...  and far far too many idiots.... keep clear of the asylum best you don't hear crazy voices...

On 7/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, Herr Dethnout said:

I mean, Disney rebranded Fox as Star in almost the entire world...

*corneia music stars playing*

Spoiler

BRUM

BRUM BRUM

BRUM BRUM

BRUM BRAM

BRAM BRUM

*guitar solo*;

Spoiler

wedooledoolitooddee

dwahow danna

danna duh duah dah 

mi di bit

BRUM

BRUM BRUM

BRUM BRUM

BRUM BRAM

BRAM BRUM

sorry for the text onomatapoeia of the starfox corneia theme.

1 hour ago, coderamen said:

Please don't bombard me with rubbish please. I'm just sharing my viewpoint and I don't want a flood of angry commentary from Elon Fanboys/right wing folks.

Fortunately for you, this isn't Twitter and the mods will annihilate any harassment. Incidentally, if there were any Muskrat fanboys looking to shit up the thread with disingenuous, bird-brain logic and get it locked, they would've done it months ago. Feel free to criticise the world's richest idiot and laugh at his antics with the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Fortunately for you, this isn't Twitter and the mods will annihilate any harassment. Incidentally, if there were any Muskrat fanboys looking to shit up the thread with disingenuous, bird-brain logic and get it locked, they would've done it months ago. Feel free to criticise the world's richest idiot and laugh at his antics with the rest of us.

I actually made a thread asking about any lgbt people on the site because I'm lgbt myself and wanted to gauge how friendly it is here, and some ppl got pissy about it, getting that whole thing locked. I just don't want that here on my other content.

47 minutes ago, coderamen said:

I actually made a thread asking about any lgbt people on the site because I'm lgbt myself and wanted to gauge how friendly it is here, and some ppl got pissy about it, getting that whole thing locked. I just don't want that here on my other content.

The overwhelming majority of Doomworld members won't give a toss who you consensually have relationships with. It's your business, and is of no relevance here in most discussions. Don't be a dickhead, give respect, and more often than not you will get it in return around here. The thread got locked most likely because your initial post was very vague, open to interpretation and flamewars. The moderators have seen that before and often prefer to head such discussions off at the pass before they go bad. I understand why you may have initially been reluctant to be up front, but I am sure you can understand it from their perspective if you think about it.

29 minutes ago, Ash4ash said:

I don't think THE USER WHO WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF DOOMWORLD'S CREATION AND MADE A MOD THAT WILL NEVER COME OUT AND IF I SAY HIS NAME HE WILL LOCK THIS THREAD AND BAN ME got the part saying that you are lgbt, well, I mean he did say "and you are another one on the list" which does sound like he is stuck in the mid 2000s and using gay as an insult.

Antagonising a moderator is disrespectful and not very smart. I know who you mean, so will he, and the vast majority of people who read this will too. This guy and I go back a long time. He's not like that. You're misreading an attempt to head off a potentially dodgy situation developing.

4 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Antagonising a moderator is disrespectful and not very smart. I know who you mean, so will he, and the vast majority of people who read this will too. This guy and I go back a long time. He's not like that. You're misreading an attempt to head off a potentially dodgy situation developing.

sorry, now I regret the post.

I am getting really stressed out I don't want to be banned from DOOMWORLD.

2 minutes ago, Ash4ash said:

Just relax. You've apologised. You will probably be fine. It's easy to be a bit quick off the mark on this topic because of the amount of insane bullshit the LGBTQ community has had to endure from asshats who cannot wrap their head around the basic idea of "not my life, not my fucking problem". Just try not to be so quick to judge in the future. Moderators have to deal with a lot of shit, and thinking about the situation from their perspective will often help show the logical reason behind their actions.

Community notes says it's fake news, based on a misinterpretation of pricing tiers for the blue checks. I'm putting this down under "everyone will forget about this in 2 weeks" again.

Think about it guys, how many social media platforms actually charge the average user for basic access? None, because even the most braindead idiot knows it doesn't work. It's not happening here, this is just made up drama.

Edited by RDETalus

8 hours ago, Ash4ash said:

Oh damn it wasn't for me thank God. Also we should get back on topic before mods get mad.

Edited by coderamen

3 hours ago, coderamen said:

Oh damn it wasn't for me thank God. Also we should get back on topic before mods get mad.

I don't give a shit one way or the other. If the mods consider this a shitpost, my aopologies. It's not meant to be.

11 hours ago, coderamen said:

It's because your thread contained no substance other than "Just asking because my brain is random like that", which can make it appear to be insincere and/or flamebait. I'm all for people being able to discuss whatever they'd like to, as long as they're willing to actually take part in the discussion they're creating. When you make a topic that is guaranteed to create controversy, you need better reasoning than just "lol random thought" or people are naturally going to assume that you might be trolling, even if you meant it as a sincere question. Asking a question like that isn't going to be an accurate gauge of anything either way, on any website.

8 hours ago, RDETalus said:

Community notes says it's fake news, based on a misinterpretation of pricing tiers for the blue checks. I'm putting this down under "everyone will forget about this in 2 weeks" again.

Think about it guys, how many social media platforms actually charge the average user for basic access? None, because even the most braindead idiot knows it doesn't work. It's not happening here, this is just made up drama.

I mean, many people are thinking he's just doing a LowTax speed run. 

I dumped Twitter before Musk took over because like Facebook, I could feel that using that site wasn't great for my mental well-being.

Since Musk took over I've been following the decline of Twitter/Xhitter second-hand. I'm hoping that Musk starts charging all users and thus burns up even more of the 44 billion he paid for it. I know there are good arguments for not doing it, but there were also good arguments for not buying a company for at least twice its value, as well as good arguments for not throwing away the Twitter branding. But Musk has done both of things anyway. So I wouldn't rely on "it's a fucking stupid idea" as a reliable indicator that he won't do it.

lnYhP9p.jpg

New privacy policy changes are supposedly going to be implemented real soon. The biggest one being that, following the WeChat model to the absolute letter, Muskrat wants you to log into X by providing a selfie and government ID. There's no mention of this being just for Twitter Blue/X Premium users. I think this shit might affect literally everyone if it goes through. Part of me thinks this is far too stupid, even for Muskrat, to actually happen. He has an embarrassingly long list of lofty ambitions he's never followed through with. I also have no idea how he could possibly make this work for international users and I've no doubt the EU would raise hell over it. If it does happen though, it would really test the meddle of even the most hearty and dedicated of Muskrat sycophants because they'd literally be the only ones left. The man will have effectively created the world's most expensive echo-chamber. And even if it goes THAT far, he might just backpedal on it and pretend it didn't happen. After all, he's done plenty of that too.

If there was ever a move to kill Twitter in one fowl swoop, this might be it. Or not. Who the fuck knows anymore.

33 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

There's no mention of this being just for Twitter Blue/X Premium users.

I did a quick search and other articles from August suggest it is legitimate, and yes it will be just for premium users. 

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

I did a quick search and other articles from August suggest it is legitimate, and yes it will be just for premium users. 

Can you link one of 'em here, mate?

4 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

https://gizmodo.com/twitter-x-verification-government-id-selfie-1850756394

"which is currently only offered to/forced on premium"

Keyword I suppose is "currently"...

Yeah, okay cool. At least I won't be locked out of my account tomorrow then.

1vU33RC.png

Witnessing how the sycophants try to spin this into a positive thing should be pretty funny if it goes through at all.

56 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Witnessing how the sycophants try to spin this into a positive thing should be pretty funny if it goes through at all.

Indeed; sometimes all you can do is warm your hands on the flames of the dumpster fire. But I feel for you and anyone else who relies on this digital asylum for their business.

Edited by Murdoch