Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snowy44

Pumpkin Jam [Limit removing, single spooky halloween map]

Very fun and expansive Halloween romp with some classic spooky locales. Some of the sprite replacements are very goofy (in a fun way), particularly the arachnotron's as the way it snaps up and down during its firing phase is just so unlike the original.

Full casual UV playthrough, -dsdademo, plays back in v0.26.2 - pumja_maribo.zip

Some of the audio replacements in this WAD clip pretty badly - It was bothering me quite a bit so I did my best to fix some of them (DSDOROPN, DSPSTART, DSPSTOP), but I couldn't manage to get a noticeable fix in the others (DSBOSDTH, DSBOSPN). Here those are if it bothers anyone else, maybe someone who's better with audio editing can clean them up more - pumja-clipfix.zip

11 minutes ago, Maribo said:

Very fun and expansive Halloween romp with some classic spooky locales. Some of the sprite replacements are very goofy (in a fun way), particularly the arachnotron's as the way it snaps up and down during its firing phase is just so unlike the original.

Full casual UV playthrough, -dsdademo, plays back in v0.26.2 - pumja_maribo.zip

Some of the audio replacements in this WAD clip pretty badly - It was bothering me quite a bit so I did my best to fix some of them (DSDOROPN, DSPSTART, DSPSTOP), but I couldn't manage to get a noticeable fix in the others (DSBOSDTH, DSBOSPN). Here those are if it bothers anyone else, maybe someone who's better with audio editing can clean them up more - pumja-clipfix.zip

Thank you very much for playing and thanks a ton for the audio fix! I did notice the clipping myself but I didn't really know how to fix it and thought it wasn't too bad. I added your fixes and updated the download link right away!

Played this on Woof 12.0.0 on HMP.

An early Halloween wad treat we're having here, it does have some tough spots, but it's been enjoyable. I haven't noticed any game-breaking bugs that I'm aware of, but there's a box of rockets standing on the edge of the platform at the graveyard area.

Spoiler

woof0003.png.956bb195b801b48b6632286c90ccb598.png

For the monsters that sprite replacements, some of them don't fit with the default monster sounds they use. But I did made something that would fit more towards their sprite replacements.

pumja-monster_sound_replacements.zip

The Werewolf death animations shows to have horns and hooves despite being a werewolf, but it seems to be an oversight from the author.
Maybe perhaps the Hell Knight/Baron of Hell projectile sprites should be yellow because the Frankenstein attack animations are yellow as well?
DSPSTOP, DSBOSDTH, DSBOSPN have audio clipping.

But overall, a casual and spooky experience just in time for October.

9 minutes ago, plums said:

In the meantime here's an audio fix on DSBOSDTH (same sound as DSBOSPN right?):

Yes, DSBOSDTH & DSBOSPN are both same sounds, but still unfortunately, there's an audio clipping I can still hear, but less clipping than it was before.

1 hour ago, S3M_XM said:

Yes, DSBOSDTH & DSBOSPN are both same sounds, but still unfortunately, there's an audio clipping I can still hear, but less clipping than it was before.

Whoops, I missed the one the first time he says "suck." Link updated! There's still some sort of audio cut-out when he says "blood" the second time, that one's kind of hard to fix without just trimming it out and it doesn't sound terrible to me so I left it.

That is a great level, amazing detail and easy to understand progression/layout in such a huge map. Love the fast paced fighting.

I didn't manage to get 100% kills, found some shotgunners in teleportation closets. Not sure if I missed a trigger somewhere or if they are stuck? I played in gzdoom on UV.

13 hours ago, ITaannl09 said:

Very good WAD had a hell of a time!

5 hours ago, Widow said:

This not only pretty, but a lot of fun.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, plums said:

This looks great, looking forward to playing it soon.

In the meantime here's an audio fix on DSBOSDTH (same sound as DSBOSPN right?):

https://user.fm/files/v2-1188942291750e5830d942fdf3b94fd3/DSBOSDTH.wav.zip

10 hours ago, S3M_XM said:

Played this on Woof 12.0.0 on HMP.

An early Halloween wad treat we're having here, it does have some tough spots, but it's been enjoyable. I haven't noticed any game-breaking bugs that I'm aware of, but there's a box of rockets standing on the edge of the platform at the graveyard area.

Reveal hidden contents

woof0003.png.956bb195b801b48b6632286c90ccb598.png

For the monsters that sprite replacements, some of them don't fit with the default monster sounds they use. But I did made something that would fit more towards their sprite replacements.

pumja-monster_sound_replacements.zip

The Werewolf death animations shows to have horns and hooves despite being a werewolf, but it seems to be an oversight from the author.
Maybe perhaps the Hell Knight/Baron of Hell projectile sprites should be yellow because the Frankenstein attack animations are yellow as well?
DSPSTOP, DSBOSDTH, DSBOSPN have audio clipping.

But overall, a casual and spooky experience just in time for October.

Thanks a ton for playing and for your sound additions and fixes! I'll put them in as soon as I get teh chance!

2 hours ago, DoomBerry said:

That is a great level, amazing detail and easy to understand progression/layout in such a huge map. Love the fast paced fighting.

I didn't manage to get 100% kills, found some shotgunners in teleportation closets. Not sure if I missed a trigger somewhere or if they are stuck? I played in gzdoom on UV.

Thanks for playing! There are a bunch of optional ambushes, almost all side items are booby-trapped, so it's not unlikely you just missed them. I didn't have any closet-related bugs when testing myself but who knows - it's kinda hard to tell whether that's a bug or not.

Just finished, great stuff. Took about an hour! Not too hard though things get a bit hectic at the end, especially when all the AVs come out in the graveyard.

Unfortunately your Boss Death sound effect gets cut off by the level total numbers, in any port I tested it with. Ah well.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:37 PM, s4f3s3x said:

DOOM0043.png.f74f8f0b7ed95f55f0916053fa491677.png

What a banger of a map!

1 hour ago, plums said:

Just finished, great stuff. Took about an hour! Not too hard though things get a bit hectic at the end, especially when all the AVs come out in the graveyard.

Unfortunately your Boss Death sound effect gets cut off by the level total numbers, in any port I tested it with. Ah well.

Thank you very much for playing!

Absolutely love all the goofiness here!

Spoiler

The mummy/arachnotron (mummotron) hip thrusting plasma bolts is actually the greatest thing I've seen

doom00.png.a3b5784bfd31b55f1f173723dffd2296.png

Also a little oversight, you can walk through these lock-in bars in a few places here.

doom02.png.ed1803346db802174aafa8597ceacb90.png

On 9/30/2023 at 10:59 PM, Snowy44 said:

Can anyone recommend a weapon pack for this Wad?

Great map! I love playing halloween-themed wads about as much as christmas-related ones, lol. I agree with TeK (⌐■_■), there were some gaps between these bars that I've noticed but decided to not go through them because it was clearly not meant to, but that was noticable indeed. Also, there was one imp (well, imp replacement) that stuck inside the floor and I couldn't kill him without cheats, but maybe it was a bad archvile resurrection, I'm not sure. I was playing in GZDoom. But yeah, overall this map was really well-done. I liked the enemy replacements, and like most people in this thread, I'm going to praise the mummy-arachnotron, he was very fun to fight/look at. 

Spoiler

1865828643_2023-10-173_27_02.png.3336abdd44bd492a7fe66dc97d8b2982.png

1514490178_2023-10-173_28_48.png.06f4c0a4fb4690865b3d568fe4b4eb75.png

16 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

Hello there, what is the -complevel required to run this map if on PrBoom+?

If it's a Doom 2 Limiit-Removing wad, then it would be -complevel 2

Played this  for the mandatory Halloween special, quite enjoyed it! The ghost at the very end gave me quite the chuckle and all the replacements are genius. Very enjoyable map all in all, though it did feel a little out of my skill towards the end. Keep up the good work!

6 hours ago, Matt Eldrydge said:

Played this  for the mandatory Halloween special, quite enjoyed it! The ghost at the very end gave me quite the chuckle and all the replacements are genius. Very enjoyable map all in all, though it did feel a little out of my skill towards the end. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for playing!

1 hour ago, Lingyan203 said:

UV Max playthrough is up on my channel!

Thank you very much for playing and for the video!

Had a blast playing this. I was skeptical at first due to the rough feel of some of the graphics and sfx, but I grew to really love the goofiness of the replacements by the end. Combined with minimal mechanical changes and some stock monster sfx, it sort of feels like the replacement sprites are more like Halloween costumes that the stock Doom monsters are "wearing" (other than the mummytron, who is a distinct and hilarious kind of bastard here).

There's also some really great level design here. A great variety of Halloween-y locales strung together with intuitive-but-still-intriguing progression. I played on HNTR with a crappy controller setup and it was the perfect challenge level for the setup.

16 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Had a blast playing this. I was skeptical at first due to the rough feel of some of the graphics and sfx, but I grew to really love the goofiness of the replacements by the end. Combined with minimal mechanical changes and some stock monster sfx, it sort of feels like the replacement sprites are more like Halloween costumes that the stock Doom monsters are "wearing" (other than the mummytron, who is a distinct and hilarious kind of bastard here).

There's also some really great level design here. A great variety of Halloween-y locales strung together with intuitive-but-still-intriguing progression. I played on HNTR with a crappy controller setup and it was the perfect challenge level for the setup.

Thank you very much for playing!

Holy fuck, I wasn't expecting this to take a whole hour, but god damn that was some crazy shit. I'm amazed I did the whole thing first try. Great job with this map!

9 hours ago, Riclo500 said:

Holy fuck, I wasn't expecting this to take a whole hour, but god damn that was some crazy shit. I'm amazed I did the whole thing first try. Great job with this map!

Thanks for playing!